Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Would be cool if Blizz squished only players and to a lesser extent NPC's such that for some canon reason all players were weakened at the start of the new expac/story-line.

Bad poll options are bad, and you should feel bad.

The correct answer is, of course, that you prefer getting stronger, because that is still what you'll be doing relative to everything else in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to it. Looking back on stuff even ilvl 200 gear had like +30 agility. Now gear has +1558 agility it's damn ridiculous. I am sick of bosses having 680m hp.

Tbh the COmbat Log on some 25man rights I've been logging are getting so large that I can't parse them at once anymore.
    I welcome the item squish and I really hope blizzard actually makes us go down to 20k dps current ilvl so it actually has a dramatic impact which is about 1/20 of current dps in BiS gear.

I remember raiding in the days when we used to do 1k dps and were proud.

The squish if done correctly has not the slightest effect on your gameplay or which raids you can solo etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect my ability to solo old content, I give a grand total of 0 shits.
    I must be the only one who actually wouldn't bother if it affected my ability to solo old content, or made it a bit harder to solo. Tmog nowadays doesn't hold any value whatsoever anymore.

Deleted
    I might consider subbing again if they manage to squish stats to vanilla lvls, or at least TBC.

Poll options need to be "I'm for the squish" "I am against the squish" "Doesn't matter".

I'm all for a squish, it'll make upgrades matter again. Instead of "oh, I just got an extra 300 agi on my cloak so now I have 1500 agi over 1200 agi" you'll get "I just got 30 agi on my cloak so now I have 90 agi over 60 agi".

See that? Suddenly that agi bump is important. By the way, during 5.3 we had a blood dk solo the last boss of HoF, eventually raid progression will degrade because people will be out gearing the previous raid tier so much that they will be able to solo it.

The current heroic bosses are already reaching the maximum amount of health that they can have. So if they don't do the item squish bosses will have to heal all the time which would be really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't look at the numbers on the screen - as an enhance shaman I've got so many different things going off (FlameTongue, WF, FlameShock, Searing Totem, potentially 2 pets, White hits etc) it's impossible to take in any numbers unless I tunnel on my combat text. So, as long as every now and then I get a lucky WF run and one shot some random quest mob, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    1) For the simple reason that it looks and feels ridiculous as we embark upon numbers in the millions and billions.
    2) For the same reason that no new MMO launches with massive numbers.
    3) Because adding more and more zero's just makes numbers less identifiable quickly when you look at them.
    4) Because it makes my recount/skada wider than it needs to be to accommodate all the zeros.
    5) Because I don't want a stupid K or M after my numbers when I can just have a nice manageable number without it instead.
    6) Because the game will be around for a while yet and the result will be even more ridiculous numbers in the future otherwise.
    7) And because I take Blizz at face value when they say my character will not get weaker in relative terms.

How's that?
    All your opinion or irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    You guys must understand, without the item squish the game can't run anymore, even if they tell you something else.

garrosh on 25 Heroic would have had a too big number as health, that is why you kill him that often. It is to big for a 32-bit game.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    All your opinion or irrelevant.
    It's times like these that I'm so happy I'm a part of MMOC.

Deleted
    DRAMATIC SCENES... no really, it worries me not at all... why would it ?

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    I'm all for a squish, it'll make upgrades matter again. Instead of "oh, I just got an extra 300 agi on my cloak so now I have 1500 agi over 1200 agi" you'll get "I just got 30 agi on my cloak so now I have 90 agi over 60 agi".
    i think i know what you meant and i'm with you, but the numbers hurt my brain. i must correct them.

corrected numbers:
    oh, I just got an extra 300 agi on my cloak so now I have 1500 agi over 1200 agi" you'll get "I just got 30 agi on my cloak so now I have 150 agi over 120 agi
    suddenly, everything is the same.

I think its very stupid, though I only have a few months played. Gotta really hurt ppl that played all expansions to lose few years of progress.

Deleted
    Cant wait man

I'm not looking forward to it. I know it's psychological and I will still be proportionally as powerful as I am today, but it does feel like a step backward. Ultimately I'll live with it either way though.

I don't know if I'm in a minority on that opinion or not, but I also don't think one can simply ignore psychological effects either -- the recent comments about how darkness affects mood is evidence that Blizzard understands how powerful it is. They may not see it in this case or they might still think the positives outweigh the negatives, and that's fine, just as long as it's a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    I miss the aesthetic joy of when my power upgraded it was a tangible increases, from 22k on a fireball to 23k. Now the numbers are so large it barely feels relevant any more.
    I think people lose their sense of proportion in both directions. I saw a similar post earlier in the thread about going from 500k to 501k. The problem is that they're completely out of proportion; going from 22k to 23k on a fireball feels tangible because it is a BIG increase (~5%) -- if you were looking for a comparable current-day increase, it would be going from 250k to 261k (or for the other guy, 500k to 523k). I won't speak for you but I would definitely notice an increase of those sizes. To borrow the other poster's numbers to work in reverse, if you really went from 500k to 501 it would be equivalent using your example of going from 23k to 23,046 on your fireball. Will you notice that, or chalk it up to RNG?

Your poll is no good. Stat squish has nothing to do with getting "weaker" or "stronger." hp is nothing more than a number. It doesn't represent anything tangible. It doesn't matter if a boss has 1,000,000,000,000 hit points or 100 hit points, its relative strength is the same if each hit takes out 1% of his health. For this reason, you need to rework your poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    The fact you are getting so hyped about a post saying how irrelevant it is, is seeming to put you firmly in the category of "Gets worked up over trivial matters" as I mentioned.

PS. Not sure if your aware, but an opinion can *never* be wrong. It is just that, an opinion, at least do me the courtesy of acknowledging that in your next tirade
    hyped? because i explained to you why what you said was wrong? i think people throw around too many empty meme-like phrases today.

PS:
    if my opinion is that 2+2=5. can it be wrong?

edit:
    yikes, you were wrong again. sorry.

Those are horrible poll questions which ignore the fact that item squish doesn't mean we get weaker it means numbers get smaller and not just player numbers.