As mentioned here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post22896135

Is this true? What am I missing?

No it's not.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No it's not.
    That's what I thought. It didn't make much sense that it would be.

Depends on your definition of alternate.

Maybe in this timeline we were always supposed to go back in time and take the dragon soul meaning this timelines is going as it was supposed to.

I think it's just assumed that us going back in time to take it had 0 effect on any of the events that happened between back then and the end of the cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    How do we even know if we are in the original timeline. What if Nozdormu from an alternate timeline comes and screws with ours to save his? Future xpac? Or is there only 1 Nozdorumu?

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Depends on your definition of alternate.

Maybe in this timeline we were always supposed to go back in time and take the dragon soul meaning this timelines is going as it was supposed to.

I think it's just assumed that us going back in time to take it had 0 effect on any of the events that happened between back then and the end of the cataclysm
    To be fair, all of WoW occurs in an alternate timeline from at least Warcraft I & II, and possibly III, because of the events of the War of the Ancients books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How do we even know if we are in the original timeline. What if Nozdormu from an alternate timeline comes and screws with ours to save his? Future xpac? Or is there only 1 Nozdorumu?
    I remember a theory for the Infinite Flight being that they were the Bronze Dragon Flight from the original, unaltered timeline, and they were trying to fuck with our timeline to prevent the alterations that lead to it's creation, for example, preventing Thrall's escape means no Broxigar going back.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)