Poll: Is the Shadow spec more fun now or before?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    As long as they consider casual information like this a source for game balance, instead of listening to people who have an actual clue about the game, shadow will remain a "viable dps spec".
    "but we still used one so its all good."

Because people who have an actual clue about the game would use a non-viable spec while running for world first (and succeeding). Makes so much sense. And that was for Garrosh, for most fights they ran with Val and Viklund. Even for fights where shadow is clearly suboptimal. Why not 2 mages if shadow is "non-viable"? Markmanship hunter, THAT is not viable. Shadow is just not as overtuned as warlocks are, and you just don't know the difference between viable and overpowered. Fortunately the people who have an actual clue about the game do.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-10-21 at 02:20 PM.

[QUOTE=Dierdre;22990851]"but we still used one so its all good."

I can translate that for you. "They have been with us so long we felt bad not bringing them. It probably cost us 10%-20% more pulls on any given progression boss. TBH We wanted to find more Locks, but we did not find one that was progression ready in time."

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Brightstar of Korgath;22991043]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post

I can translate that for you. "They have been with us so long we felt bad not bringing them. It probably cost us 10%-20% more pulls on any given progression boss. TBH We wanted to find more Locks, but we did not find one that was progression ready in time."
    I really don't think shadow is that bad, nor will shadow result in 10-20% more pulls. If that's the case, it's the player not the class. No bosses in Siege are even remotely dps related at this point, yes it makes it easier, but as long as you execute mechanics well, you'll kill the boss, whether it's heroics or normals.

However shadow doesn't shine untill you get that sweet immerseus and garrosh trinket.

A lot of people forget how much your dots do with 30k extra int and amped stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightstar of Korgath View Post
    That's something my guild could say. I'm sure having progression ready players is not a real concern for a consistently-world-top-since-TBC hardcore raiding guild. They know their shit, and they certainly would not bring a player from a non-viable spec to run for world first, let alone two.

"but we still used one so its all good.
    Selective reading at it's best rofl. What part of Shadow is vastly behind do you not understand? My guild personally runs 3 SP's and 2 Warlocks, but that's not 'cause SP is a good spec, but rather 'cause we turn out to lack ranged DPS in our roster and happen to have 3 of them. The fact that you beat a warlock who is better at playing Destro than Affli (tbh I'd be ashamed to say I raid with people like that) doesn't really make Shadow good.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

liked it in mop before the QQ drowned it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

What part of Shadow is vastly behind do you not understand?
    The part of "Shadow is vastly behind" whom?

Behind your expectactions? Evidently.
    Behind warlocks? Of course, and at this point it's rather stupid to even point it out. Behind average? That's another story, and that of course will vary from fight to fight.
    Behind on single target? Also a largely known fact. Behind overall? Maybe when your guild decides to gear up your warlocks first because you suck (since that seems to be your opinion), but not vastly behind equally geared players, and by no means "not viable".

tbh I'd be ashamed to say I raid with people like that
    I'm not that full of myself. I'm actually very satisfied with being within the top ~5% guilds while raiding casually 8 hrs a week when we get lucky, we've never aimed for world first; and since we are very rarely beaten by an enrage mechanic, we don't lose much sleep over our lock enjoying more playing destro.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-10-21 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Ummm... nope? 5/13 H (yes, we get to work and sleep every now and then).
    Many semi hardcore guilds have much better progression. You should apply for these guilds, apparently you're an amazing shadow priest!!

I've never claimed world first. Still, he's great at playing destro, even on fights where destro would normally suck balls vs affli.
    He'd be even better if he learned how to play affliction, but apparently that is too much to ask. If I'd main a warlock I'd be able to play all 3 specs, and on my warlock alt I am able to play usually 2 out of 3 (in ToT demo + destro, now affli + destro). If a fight prefers affliction, and your warlock remains destruction cause he can't play affliction then "its one of those" warlocks if you know what I'm saying. Its one of those jokers who applies "yeah I can play destruction, don't like affliction don't ask me to play it, I won't" you see these jokers apply on a semi hardcore raiding guild like the one I'm in. Now, I already explained you affliction is ahead of shadow on pure multidot. I can't think of any fight where shadow is better than warlock. With ToF uptimes going down, and fights lasting less long, the gap will only become more wide. Method agrees about warlock vs shadow, 3/14H 10 man.. I mean 5/14H 10 man Dierdre disagrees. Guess who's opinion is of more value?

Different talents <> Different spec. Affli is a completely different gameplay from destro, and more importantly, we've never had the need for him to go affli. That should speak more about your locks than about ours.
    Yes, our locks min-max and are able to play all 3 specs on a competitive level (ie. not dying, doing good numbers, getting ranked). Yours, well he can play destruction...

Kudos for you. As I stated, locks are still outliers; that doesn't change the fact that shadow is in a MUCH better place than pre 5.4 and fairly balanced against other dps specs.
    Don't agree due to the nerf shadow had, arcane mage, moonkin, and the other cloth specs simply being much higher on the numbers. Which brings me to the point why you want to bring a shadow priest over one of those classes? You see recruitment open for shadow priest?

You tell me, I'm not the one claiming being an awful spec on my group. We run with hunter, rogue, mage, warrior, enh shaman, destro lock, and me taking turns between fights, and it's very unusual for us to ask someone to bench out of shortcomings for a given fight (even me on H Qon where I definitely sucked balls for 90% of the fight). Could it be easier with 3 locks and 3 ass rogues? Maybe. That doesn't mean the other specs are shit.
    If the choice is between taking a lock or a shadow, or a rogue or a shadow and you can afford the melee then why would you take the shadow?

I repeat, just because you don't top every fight it doesn't mean you suck. That much.
    That's not how guilds think. Guilds think like this: not a good class, not gonna give him a trial, not gonna give him gear, gonna get him to be a benchwarmer, not gonna need him for Garrosh. Yeah months later when you completely overgear it like Asia then it doesn't matter anymore. But then still, during progression, you're not gonna get higher than the locks.

Now you can say, sure, one spec has to be the best. One spec will be the best multidotter. Fine, but we haven't been that spec for 3 patches now. It has been warlock and mages for 3 patches straight, and warlock only got nerfed once the race was over. Mages aren't nerfed. Blizzard still hasn't nerfed their 4set from ToT. Why not???
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-10-21 at 05:03 PM.

i like how this joker is somehow suggesting that method thinks shadow is comparable to warlock, when every response to that question was 'pack in as many warlocks as possible because they are beyond op'.

Deleted

Because people who have an actual clue about the game would use a non-viable spec while running for world first (and succeeding). Makes so much sense. And that was for Garrosh, for most fights they ran with Val and Viklund.
    No they did not. Viklund wasn't in the Garrosh kill, only Val. They ran with 4 warlocks... SWP nerf -> Vik not needed for Garrosh.

Even for fights where shadow is clearly suboptimal. Why not 2 mages if shadow is "non-viable"?
    Well, Kuznam quit right before SoO, and Blatty sticked with lock cause they were retardedly OP or whatever.

Markmanship hunter, THAT is not viable.
    OMFG do we get this type of person again on the priest forums!! MARKSMANSHIP HUNTER IS FUCKING IRRELEVANT. They have 3 DPS specs. 2 of the 3 are useful. The reason MM isn't getting more buffs is for PvP related reasons.

Shadow is just not as overtuned as warlocks are, and you just don't know the difference between viable and overpowered. Fortunately the people who have an actual clue about the game do.
    You're just copying what GC says. GC is clueless. He nerfed UVLS after a few weeks (read: he didn't see it coming cause of item scaling on PTR which was also buggy as hell). He nerfed rogue ToT 4 set just before SoO release, fair enough. He nerfed assassination after a few weeks, fair enough, tho too late. He still has not nerfed arcane ToT 4 set...
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-10-21 at 05:28 PM.

The part of "Shadow is vastly behind" whom?
    Behind Warlocks and Moonkins on multidot. Behind Warlocks, Ele Shamans, Survival Hunters, Arms Warriors, Mages of any spec and Frost DK's on cleave. And waaay behind every single spec in the game on single target, especially Warlocks, Mages, Hunters, Rogues, WW Monks, Moonkins and Ferals. Which leaves Shadow, and to a lesser extent Retris, as the only niche-less DPS specs in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    i like how this joker is somehow suggesting that method thinks shadow is comparable to warlock, when every response to that question was 'pack in as many warlocks as possible because they are beyond op'.
    His guildie Warlock can't play affli. Not saying that the Warlocks from my guild are amazing or anything, but at least they can mash dat Soul Swap.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

SS is a really hard spell to use. if you dont press it twice, it does no damage. balance.

I like what they did with Shadow in MoP, it's much easier than before and I don't go oom. Considering that I only play shadow to level this is a good thing

Pretty much the only thing I really miss about Cata was how Shadow played. It felt very fluid and in tune with itself, whereas now things feel clunky and awkward.

Shadow orbs, since their inception, have been a terrible idea. Shadow was at it's best in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSavior View Post
    Shadow orbs, since their inception, have been a terrible idea. Shadow was at it's best in ICC.
    Personally, I like Devouring Plague better now than I did then, (better healing, better burst), but that being said, I don't like Psychic Horror also needing to use orbs. =/

I will flay your mind.

Deleted
    For some reason I loved playing shadow in BC, sure we were mainly just mana batterys, but still, I liked it.