Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1+2: There is no set amount. Since you wont use FoF that much (SoO demands high mobility), you might as well go over 10k. Just dont sacrifice crit rating to get there. Only use FoF if you run out of options.
    3. Pull: Potion+Xuen+CW(before reaching the boss)+TP+RsK+CB+CB+TeB... and no, Xuen does not profit from TeB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    3. Pull: Potion+Xuen+CW(before reaching the boss)+TP+RsK+CB+CB+TeB... and no, Xuen does not profit from TeB.
    I think you missed saying Pre-Pull Expel Harm to 3-4 Chi (I tend to favor 3 chi over 4 so that I'm not waisting Chi)

I would also add in 2 BoK after the 2 CB but before popping TeB so that I start with 8-10 stacks when I do pop TeB.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    1+2: There is no set amount. Since you wont use FoF that much (SoO demands high mobility), you might as well go over 10k. Just dont sacrifice crit rating to get there.
    Actually no, sacrificing crit is not a problem to get to the haste cap because haste is better than crit point for point until then. Effective stat priority these days is like:

Hit/exp cap > Agi > haste to ~11-12k > crit >>> mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I think you missed saying Pre-Pull Expel Harm to 3-4 Chi (I tend to favor 3 chi over 4 so that I'm not waisting Chi)

I would also add in 2 BoK after the 2 CB but before popping TeB so that I start with 8-10 stacks when I do pop TeB.
    So...

4x Expel Harm
    1 Potion

Pull

Xuen while running to boss
    Chi Wave
    TP/RsK (Which of these is better to lead with?)
    CB
    BoK
    CB
    BoK
    TeB

Why would you not do it this way? I never waste potential Chi and do the same thing in the same amount of globals. I'll end up with 1 extra Chi I can spend in TeB.

But anyway, generally, is this good?

Deleted
    My personal take on the pull -

Expel Harm to 4 Chi
    Tiger's Lust (to get in range quickly)
    Chi Wave (.5 on timer)
    Pre-pot

Pull

Xuen
    RSK
    TP
    CB
    BoK
    CB
    TeB
    FoF
    Jab
    RSK
    etc

I doubt many people use FoF on the pull, but I've found it to give me the best results (may be due to being troll and having berserk up)

What I personally do on the pull and pre-pull

Expel Harmx2
    Fists of Fury to get to the 1 chi for next TeB gen
    Expel Harm x3 or 4
    Pre-Pot

Pull

TP
    (engie gloves) Xuen
    RSK
    CB
    BoK
    CB
    BoK
    Jab
    BoK

From there if I reach 10 stacks I use TeB and then continue on with the rotations. If I don't get 10 off of that I will Jab Bok/RSK until so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Why would you not do it this way? I never waste potential Chi and do the same thing in the same amount of globals. I'll end up with 1 extra Chi I can spend in TeB.

But anyway, generally, is this good?
    Part of my problem is that I'm VERY spammy with my button presses and it's VERY easy for me to hit CB twice in a row and not realize it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post

Sure, to some points are kind of mandatory WW gameplay ^^ .. And your variation is naturally less random then mine, but on the other hand I just waste a bit of energy (with BL on pull its not that big of a deal) and I profit longer from my trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aros230 View Post
    From there if I reach 10 stacks I use TeB and then continue on with the rotations. If I don't get 10 off of that I will Jab Bok/RSK until so.
    Huge waste to wait for 10 stacks, as by then your trinkets will have fallen off, you need to get TeB up as soon as possible, no reason to wait for 10.

Disclaimer: "Opener" doesn't mean anything significant for WW, it's just a time with 4k extra Agility and 2 guaranteed trinket procs for us. Doing anything better or worse in this time wouldn't even result in a +/- 0.5% difference.

That said, time spent generating TEB while trinket procs are dwindling is time wasted. I personally RSK/TP CBCB (effectively wasting 1 chi, yes, but you'd have to wait a good 10-15 seconds at the start of a fight for CB to not be wasting chi or energy) and TEB right away (and yes RSK before TP is less damage than TP before RSK but if you RSK second the 2nd RSK will not be up by the time trinkets fall off) and pop off a Fists of Fury (if Hero/Lust at the start because infinite energy anyways, if not Jab/BoK as normal).

It's not terribly difficult math, the only real comparisons here are [difference from RSK w/o TP + difference from 2nd RSK getting trinket proc Agi] and acknowledging that FoF is more DPS than BoKs if energy regen is not an issue and it wouldn't run into an RSK CD (which obviously are automatic if lust is at the start and you're using FoF right after RSK).

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Disclaimer: "Opener" doesn't mean anything significant for WW, it's just a time with 4k extra Agility and 2 guaranteed trinket procs for us. Doing anything better or worse in this time wouldn't even result in a +/- 0.5% difference.

That said, time spent generating TEB while trinket procs are dwindling is time wasted. I personally RSK/TP CBCB (effectively wasting 1 chi, yes, but you'd have to wait a good 10-15 seconds at the start of a fight for CB to not be wasting chi or energy) and TEB right away (and yes RSK before TP is less damage than TP before RSK but if you RSK second the 2nd RSK will not be up by the time trinkets fall off) and pop off a Fists of Fury (if Hero/Lust at the start because infinite energy anyways, if not Jab/BoK as normal).

It's not terribly difficult math, the only real comparisons here are [difference from RSK w/o TP + difference from 2nd RSK getting trinket proc Agi] and acknowledging that FoF is more DPS than BoKs if energy regen is not an issue and it wouldn't run into an RSK CD (which obviously are automatic if lust is at the start and you're using FoF right after RSK).
    Assuming both your trinkets have a 10 sec duration (Haromm + TED), why wouldn't your 2nd RSK benefit from trinket procs if you TP first?

Pre-pull with 4 Chi
    Cast Chi Wave before running to boss

GCD 0 = Chi Wave hits -> cast TP -> trinkets proc once TP damage shows up
    GCD 1 = cast RSK
    GCD 9 = cast RSK
    GCD 10 = trinket procs fade -> cast something
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-10-28 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Assuming both your trinkets have a 10 sec duration (Haromm + TED), why wouldn't your 2nd RSK benefit from trinket procs if you TP first?

Pre-pull with 4 Chi
    Cast Chi Wave before running to boss

GCD 0 = Chi Wave hits -> cast TP -> trinkets proc once TP damage shows up
    GCD 1 = cast RSK
    GCD 9 = cast RSK
    GCD 10 = trinket procs fade -> cast something
    AA is turned on when you Chi Wave the boss, meaning as soon as you get in range the auto attacks start flying, as do the trinket procs. The game knows I'm in range before I register that my buttons are lit up, ergo my trinkets are usually procced before I even get an ability off. In fact, if trinkets weren't proccing before abilities actually happened, RSK right off the bat would be incredibly stupid as it would only be proccing buffs rather than benefiting from them.

Deleted
    So what I understood from this is. That I should swap to Chi Brew and fill my orange gems with Deft gems so I can get that 10k-11k Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegrand View Post
    So what I understood from this is. That I should swap to Chi Brew and fill my orange gems with Deft gems so I can get that 10k-11k Haste.
    Oh yeah, thanks for that. I've been healing Thok heroic progression for the past 2 weeks and totally forgot that I need to switch out my Deadly gems for Deft ones.

So I have a question has anyone else been having problems with World of Logs? My spirits are not showing up under MY damage. On The Fallen Protectors all the recounts and skadas in the group had me over 300k but in world of logs they have me only pulling 245k and then my fire spirit at 67k and my earth spirit at 57k.
    ty have a good day

My log from Tuesday has it showing up under my damage, so it doesn't seem like a WoL issue.

WoL is broken atm and isn't showing melees.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have noticed it wasn't showing Xuen and hasn't been for a while now.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Spent a bit of time toying with the new SimC release. Looks like they've refined the rotation a lot and implemented the Chi Brew change because my DPS has shot up like 15k without touching anything. I was also curious about the STR amp trinket but from all the variations of gear/stats that I tried, I couldn't get it to sim higher than TeD (even with BiS gear where the crit damage should shine). I don't see it being a viable pick up especially since it's so contested with the other melee.

Deleted
    Sorry if this question has been asked to death, but can anyone tell me how much of a DPS increase 2pc is for us at the moment? Fairly low ilvl gear, mix of Flex/LFR.

Just starting normals!