10+ Year Old Account

Most anticipated expansion yet....except....

From what I saw at Blizzcon things are looking pretty damned good. Raiding is getting sorted out, PvP has some better casual elements (for those of us who only dabble from time to time in organized pvp and prefer other games for pvp), we're finally getting upgraded models (about damned time!), player housing was unexpected but the feature rip from Guild Wars (Trophies/Monuments), SWToR (Followers), and Rift (Building your own 'home') will be something interesting to do inbetween Mythic raiding.

However, the whole follower farming mini-game/tool seems a bit too....micro-managy I guess. I'm alright with having to level them but the whole "rarity" and "gearing" them thing seems a bit too much. This would be fine but the fact that you can get limited access to other professions and utilities via this method makes it seem a bit annoying. I dunno.

What do you guys think?
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

I'm glad they pulled the heavy-hitters off of titan for this. I really hated the direction the game was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post

However, the whole follower farming mini-game/tool seems a bit too....micro-managy I guess. I'm alright with having to level them but the whole "rarity" and "gearing" them thing seems a bit too much. This would be fine but the fact that you can get limited access to other professions and utilities via this method makes it seem a bit annoying. I dunno.

What do you guys think?
    If you ever played Diabo 3, my guess is that it will be something like that.

WoW already has followers (Shado-pan dailies, certain quests, single scenarios on Isle of Thunder), but they're limited. My guess is that they're going to function mostly to help questing/farming along, but won't really be usable in raids.

And quite frankly, I welcome this. Questing was getting a bit out of hand in terms of realism.

I was recently leveling through Dragonblight and I did the Scarlet Crusade quest. I straight up walked through their town and killed their leader. What the hero can do as an individual (through questing) gets a bit absurd, so I like the idea that we'll have a small band along to help us out.

Plus, not only am I one-man wrecking crew, but soon... I'll be a leader of a war-band, or a captain of a squad. I think this is adding another level of depth to the questing experience.
    Last edited by Totle; 2013-11-09 at 07:41 AM.