Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You know, barely 40 years ago pedophilia was a totally acceptable thing in our 'western' world.

And honestly, 13 years old is hardly pedophilia. Pedophilia is when you're interested in kids who has not started developing into an adult.

What is NEWS about this, is that adopted daughters can be married to their legal fathers. Not that the daughters are 13. Age of consent in many countries is around 15 years old, and honestly, I was having sex when I was 13 and loving it myself, so yeah. I have a problem with adults having sex with young teens not because they're young teens and that it's 'pedophilia' (because it's not, not in the definition of the word), but because an adult, like a teacher, is in a position of power over the teen.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ag...t_-_Global.svg

here, have fun, pink -> marriage = ok to sex, age negligible
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    There's a pretty significant difference between two consenting fifteen year olds, who are at a similar or identical level of psychological development; compared to one of said 15 year olds being coerced into a sexual relationship by say a 30 year old.
    What if the 15 year old coerces the 30 year old?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Waifu doesn't have a burqa.
    Maybe not, but a Hijab is fine, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    but because an adult, like a teacher, is in a position of power over the teen.
    i think most western countries have that covered, at least in austria it is
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    sure you don´t mean convince? or persuade?

because the age is pretty meaningless if someone coerced another to sex
    In the events we're discussing I consider their meanings synonymous, because of the intellectual disadvantage. We can say persuade though, since the dictionary says coercion usually involves threatening, I was using it like this:

2: to compel to an act or choice

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    What if the 15 year old coerces the 30 year old?
    What if there's a dragon too!?
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-11-13 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Meh different cultures, different countries. etc etc. nothing to see here.
    So because of that we should abandon any last drop of common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So because of that we should abandon any last drop of common sense?
    No but you can feel free to get all shitty about it when they try to legalize it in your home country.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    13 isn't pedophelia. Pedophelia is sexual attraction and interaction with prepubescent children. For pubescent but under to early- teens it's hebephilia.

As posted above, it's only a year younger than much of Europe, and three years younger than most of the US (30 states have the legal age as 16. Most just think it's 18 because all the TV/movies are made in California, and the age of consent in California is 18.)

I'm not saying it's not fucked up, especially since the guy is marrying his adopted daughters. I'm just saying, you're viewing it through an incredibly narrow cultural lens.
    culture isn't an excuse to do whatever you want. would it be ok if i went and started killing muslims and saying it's my culture? fuck no it wouldn't, i'd be looked at as the next hitler. this goddamn culture preaching bullshit has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    culture isn't an excuse to do whatever you want. would it be ok if i went and started killing muslims and saying it's my culture? fuck no it wouldn't, i'd be looked at as the next hitler. this goddamn culture preaching bullshit has to stop.
    What is it you're doing right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one hell of a strawman, especially considering the fact that dragon are, by all means, fictional creatures.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    What gives you the right to invade and forcefully change another culture?

Certain nations legally permit 13 y/o's to have intercourse, sometimes with adults - Most nations allow marriage at 16, but again what do you find abhorrent in this example?

I know what i object to, but please tell me.

What the hell does that mean? Are you saying that it is completely impossible for a 15 year old to attempt to persuade, coerce, or convince a 30 year old to have sex with them?

What is it you're doing right now?
    Validating immoral acts with the excuse of culture is absurd on it's face.

So tragedy has been happening a long time, and successive generations of children are indoctrinated into accepting that tragedy as an integral piece of their identity; So what?

If anything, that makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    What the hell does that mean? Are you saying that it is completely impossible for a 15 year old to attempt to persuade, coerce, or convince a 30 year old to have sex with them?
    I'm saying that's it's so wildly unlikely that it isn't relevant to the discussion.

I'm confused. If a 13 year old girl needs permission from her father to marry. And her father is the one trying to get married to her. I... But... Um...

I guess I shouldn't bother asking where the girl's opinion comes into all of this.

No but you can feel free to get all shitty about it when they try to legalize it in your home country.
    i'd feel shitty about it wherever it happens. you're not some kind of nationalist are you?

So tragedy has been happening a long time, and successive generations of children are indoctrinated into accepting that tragedy as an integral piece of their identity; So what?

I'm saying that's it's so wildly unlikely that it isn't relevant to the discussion.
    Oh really? I know I'VE been blatantly hit on by girls in the 13-15 year old range.

Deleted
    Pedophilia is already legal in every country on the planet. You can't punish someone because of their thoughts.

You're using your own cultural beliefs to guide your principles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    i'd feel shitty about it wherever it happens. you're not some kind of nationalist are you?
    It is possible to disagree with someone doing something without condemning them for it.

Using my cultural beliefs to judge someone else's is kind of hypocritical.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-11-13 at 09:48 PM.

A 13 year old, biologically speaking, is typically capable of procreation. Whether that person can give informed consent is an entirely different issue, but historically and biologically speaking, a 13 year old is a viable partner.

Do I find it, personally, fucked up? Sure, but I realize that's entirely because of how I was raised.

Now, the part of the article that is fucked up isn't the pedophelia(which it isn't anyway, as explained, it's hebaphelia.) It's the fact that they are permitted to marry their adopted daughters. While this isn't, biologically, incest, the fact that you raised them makes them your child, and marrying your child is messed up, period.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.