Idea: Flex Level Zones.

I was thinking. Now we got that Flexible technology in the game it could be used for almost anything. I was thinking; Why not use that for the zones as well. We've seen the flex tech already in Battlefield Barrens, which was really good. WHy not extending the whole thing. I was thinking: Flex Zones.

Flex Zones

These are zones accessible for almost all players level. Let's say from level 20 to max level. That will mean that the content will be scaled for level 20 at it's lowest point and level 100 (in WoD) at it's highest point.

Which Zones Could be a Flex Zone?

I was thinking of the Faction territory zones. It is best explained with an example. You are Alliance level 35. You are in Elwynn Forest, which is an Alliance territory zone. This means that for you nothing is changed. Then you travel to Durotar, which is an Horde territory zone. All enemies lower then your level will be upscaled to your level or a little bit better to offer a challenge. All enemies (except players) who are already higher will stay the same. This means that the enemy's territory becomes a real dangerous zone for you.

The Flex system can be used otherwise as well. For PvP zones for example. Let's say you want to visit Wintergrasp, a level 80 PvP zone. All players in it could be scaled down to level 80, if they are higher then level 80, so every player is equal to each other and the battle stay interesting.

Parts of zones as well

Parts or regions of zones could be flexed as well. For example places which are used by events like Hallows End or Winter Veil. Those area's can be used for Flex to keep the quest the players are doing interesting.

------------------------------------

What Do you think

I kinda agree considering it's appalling how hard some turtles in pandaland hurt compared to the veteran members of the twilight cult I just slammed a few levels back. It would totally trash the progression of lore if I went to pandaland at 20's to beat up some turtles then back to outlands when I'm closer to max level, but, well, it's already pretty fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Well there are still some sunken/hidden/unaccessable in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms like famous Northern Lordaeron, mountains north to Stormwind, possible Kul Tiras and much more...

but whats the point of such zones? most of max lvl characters stays@capital city or do dailies. Leveling characters are following well prepared leveling paths :P

but the idea of scaling all players to the same lvl in world pvp zone sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    but whats the point of such zones? most of max lvl characters stays@capital city or do dailies. Leveling characters are following well prepared leveling paths :P
    Like in Krasarang Wilds and Thunder Isle there could be pvp/pve quests for Alliance in Durotar/Mulgore/Tirisfal Glades/Eversong Forest to kick some ass at the Horde and otherwise for Horde there could be pvp/pve quests in Elwynn Forest/Dun Morogh/Teldrassil/Azuremyst Isle.
    Then just like Arena ranks, there could be Battle ranks. Battle at the gates of the enemy keeps your rank high, a pause or death will decrease your battle rank. A good amount of Honor Points and having an specific battle rank let you buy some cool pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forsee this being used to just grief the other faction. My main is Alliance, so I can go into Durotar, and cause the game to spawn some level 100 monsters, and then lead them into attacking a fresh new orc player. You need to think about Aggro-Radius. My guild plays a little game every so often that we call Gnome Football. You take a freshly rolled gnome and lead it on the ground across an entire continent (kalimdor for example) requiring that the gnome get Explorer discoveries of specific locations. The reason this gets really tricky is that when a level 1 is in a zone meant for much higher level characters every mob will cross huge distances to come kill that lowly level 1 gnome. It sometimes amazes us how far the mobs will run across the map to try and kill them. Well, think about what will happen when a level 100 mob spawns in Durotar. For a level 100 Alliance player the mobs aggro radius will be quit small. You basically have to run up and attack it. But if there's a level 1 new hordie within drawn distance that mob will charge off like its laser guided to kill it.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.