Thread: Bonus rolls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well this is the blue post I was referring to:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44870?page=1#6

Says "Whenever you use a bonus roll and you don’t get any loot, your chance of getting loot on the next roll will increase. This increased probability won’t be reset until some loot is awarded, and this is independent of the boss that is being killed.
    The bad luck streak protection will carry over and continue to increase the probability from boss to boss and instance to instance and won't reset until you get some loot. Basically, this feature treats all bonus rolls as if they were actually the same, no matter where they originate from."

The way I read that is that the loot protection is not per boss, and only takes into account the number of rolls from any coin until you get something.
    Am I reading it wrong?

He's lying, I've used 24 on the same boss before, last tier. Have definitely used more than 9 in a row without loot this tier, multiple times, but it does seem to be a much higher drop rate in 5.4 than previously. Seems like a steady get something every 1 in 10 now which isn't bad considering how easy the lesser coins are to get now as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they should remove bonus roll.

i know thats in the minority opinion
    Hi

they should just let you burn all your rolls on a single boss

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    He's lying, I've used 24 on the same boss before, last tier. Have definitely used more than 9 in a row without loot this tier, multiple times, but it does seem to be a much higher drop rate in 5.4 than previously. Seems like a steady get something every 1 in 10 now which isn't bad considering how easy the lesser coins are to get now as well.
    Except that the blizz quote above clearly states that the protection is not individual for every boss so sure, you might have coined the same boss 24 times but you did get loot from coin on a different boss.
    Working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    A quick question I have regarding this topic:

Let's say I kill Ordos first and then complete Flex wing 4:

- I coin on Ordos and get no loot. Will the coin increase my chance to get loot from Ordos next week or will it increase my chance to get loot from the next boss I kill (=Blackfuse)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It sucked until 5.3 when you had to grind or do horrible dailies to get ta coins

now it feels really "bonus" as TI showers coins
    "showers" its a bit of an understatement :P
    What the hell am I gonna do with 10 thousand coins? :P
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I'm on 9 coins without loot, 3 different bosses for 3 weeks, lets see what tomorrow brings :-/
    I'm on 15+ and only 1 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Except that the blizz quote above clearly states that the protection is not individual for every boss so sure, you might have coined the same boss 24 times but you did get loot from coin on a different boss.
    Working as intended.
    I think you need to learn what "clearly states" means. The reason it's open to interpretation is because the meaning isn't clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    A quick question I have regarding this topic:

Let's say I kill Ordos first and then complete Flex wing 4:

- I coin on Ordos and get no loot. Will the coin increase my chance to get loot from Ordos next week or will it increase my chance to get loot from the next boss I kill (=Blackfuse)?
    If you kill Ordos and don't get an item from a roll, you will have an increased chance of winning something from a coin on the next boss you kill (Blackfuse, or Paragons, etc.) If you then use coin on Blackfuse and get an item, your loot protection resets. If you use a coin and don't win anything, you'll have the benefit of 2x loot protection (Ordos+Blackfuse) for the next boss you kill and use a coin (Paragons or Garrosh, etc.)

Remember loot protection is only afforded to coin rolls. Whether or not you're awarded loot from Flex, LFR, or World Bosses has nothing to do with coin rolls.
    Last edited by Nebs; 2013-11-16 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    If you kill Ordos and don't get an item from a roll, you will have an increased chance of winning something from a coin on the next boss you kill (Blackfuse, or Paragons, etc.) If you then use coin on Blackfuse and get an item, your loot protection resets. If you use a coin and don't win anything, you'll have the benefit of 2x loot protection (Ordos+Blackfuse) for the next boss you kill and use a coin (Paragons or Garrosh, etc.)
    Source? Blizz has never suggested this to my knowledge. All you are doing is speculating.
    Graviity

The source is from the blue post quoted at the top of this page.

"Whenever you use a bonus roll and you don’t get any loot, your chance of getting loot on the next roll will increase. This increased probability won’t be reset until some loot is awarded, and this is independent of the boss that is being killed.
    The bad luck streak protection will carry over and continue to increase the probability from boss to boss and instance to instance and won't reset until you get some loot."

I can't interpret that in any other way than what I was suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Source? Blizz has never suggested this to my knowledge. All you are doing is speculating.
    Why would you ask for a source? You wouldn't read it anyway, considering the source was in this very thread, posted approximately 22 hours before you asked for a source!

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Why would you ask for a source? You wouldn't read it anyway, considering the source was in this very thread, posted approximately 22 hours before you asked for a source!
    Obviously you cant read either as the guy above you posted the same exact thing exactly 7 minutes before you posted.
    Graviity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    I'm on 15+ and only 1 upgrade.
    10th coin gave me loot

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Obviously you cant read either as the guy above you posted the same exact thing exactly 7 minutes before you posted.
    My post wasn't exactly the same as the poster above me.

I asked a question.

I had horrible luck and wouldn't get anything, and then when I finally did get something it was always a piece I had already gotten from normal looting. I had a 502 trinket that was holding me back tremendously and could never get Immers. Bindings to drop, never saw them. One time they dropped and somebody else got them and I wasn't even allowed to roll; first raid in a guild I joined and they drop on Heroic. Goes to priest. I roll for at least the 6th or 7th time on Immerseus expecting nothing, and boom, heroic warforged bindings. I posted it in General and instantly 20+ people said they hated me, the raid chat was like "awww damn" and it was great. Then I got a Warglaive later on. On my Warlock.

Your luck will change. Think of it this way; if I'd been getting loot every roll, this wouldn't have been as big of a deal. Not getting anything for so long made it really, really feel special and like a "bonus" when I actually got something good. Your luck WILL change, and when it does it'll feel even better. Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    I totally agree . 5.0-5.3 it felt like a freaking chore, like "wash the dishes, cook, clean the house, oh you forgot the groceries"
    While now it's more of a bonus type of thing . Like it's meant to be.
    Its not a bonus... at all. Its the main source of loot for those unlucky enough to never get anything off of the regular loot table chance. They should remove these seals and just allow 1 guaranteed loot off of 1 boss per week. It would still take 4 months to gear lfr, 4 months for flex 4 months for normal. And no this is not a joke, some players can be this unlucky, it is very unfortunate but also possible just like winning lottery and getting very lucky, however small that chance is.
    Players are just getting feeling burned out with a system that doesn't compensate for effort, no reward for time investment. Because after so many raid runs, enjoyment isn't what most will be there for, even blizzard knows this. The whole legendary qeustline is to improve and smoothen the qeue times for msv and tot. Its absolutely terrible and not enjoyable. LOOT=fUN. Perhaps I go back to D3 when RoS comes out.

I got to 8 rolls between loots. prior to that it was 7, so 2 loots in 17 coins. the 9+ is obviously quite rare, but not unusual.

good luck next week OP.

i rolled 9 coins on immersuis. on the 10th one i finally got a warforged cloak. unfortunatly i had my legendary cloak so yay. still no dps trinket for me.