Poll: Would you be okay with the cash shop if the items were also obtainable in game?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you be OK with items obtainable in game being available via the Cash Shop?

Just as the title asks, would you be okay with items being put on the cash shop that are obtainable in game?

So for instance, if they were to put the Invincible mount in the cash shop for $75, and other items that are rare to find in game as purchases in the cash shop for various amounts?

Everyone keeps saying that they would be okay with a cash shop as long as there was a way to also obtain the item in game.

Mirmiron's Head - $100
    Midnight's Reins - $50

Mounts and pets in game that the price will vary based on how rare it is to get in game.

Would you be okay with this?

Second time you make this thread. Its obvious that you are trying to incite a forum flamewar. Mods should ban you permanently already, disgusting troll.

Infracted: Off-topic. Don't call out others as trolls. Thanks [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-22 at 10:28 PM.

Nope. End story.
    It won't happen regardless.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Second time you make this thread. Its obvious that you are trying to incite a forum flamewar. Mods should ban you permanently already, disgusting troll.
    Its a completely different question. People keep saying they would be okay with the cash shop, if those items were also obtainable in game. So i made a poll to really see who would, and who wouldn't

Also, calling other posters trolls is against the forum guidelines.

bmah is already too much, with free heroic gear.

I was never OK with a cash shop to begin with. I hate the idea of buying any kind of item with real money for in game.
    While I won't quit over it, I'll still dislike Blizzard for it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    In a subscription based game, cash shop items should at the very least be sold by a vendor for gold or dropped by an NPC. I hate the fact that Blizzard is double dipping and getting away with it. Yes, they are a company, but not many people would be happy if they locked other parts of the game behind a paywall. "Unlock EPIC PvP battles for $4.99!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    In a subscription based game, cash shop items should at the very least be sold by a vendor for gold or dropped by an NPC. I hate the fact that Blizzard is double dipping and getting away with it. Yes, they are a company, but not many people would say the same if they locked other parts of the game behind a paywall. "Unlock EPIC PvP battles for $4.99!"
    Thats exactly the premise behind the poll. Would you be okay if they were to put those items obtainable in game, into the cash shop for people to buy who dont feel like wasting the time required to get those rare items?

Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    In a subscription based game, cash shop items should at the very least be sold by a vendor for gold or dropped by an NPC. I hate the fact that Blizzard is double dipping and getting away with it. Yes, they are a company, but not many people would be happy if they locked other parts of the game behind a paywall. "Unlock EPIC PvP battles for $4.99!"
    Yeah, I try not to support the cash shop either.

25$ for a mount is kind of expensive for what you get (Account-wide unlock or not.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats exactly the premise behind the poll. Would you be okay if they were to put those items obtainable in game, into the cash shop for people to buy who dont feel like wasting the time required to get those rare items?
    Nope. "I hate the fact that Blizzard is double dipping and getting away with it." - You should be rewarded in game for the things you spend time doing. If you put the effort in to win 100 3v3 arenas, or 40 RBG's, then you deserve a reward. Giving Blizzard £20 shouldn't entitle you to a unique mount. The whole 'special snowflake' thing that has risen from this is also incredibly dumb.

Why always the biased polls. Why can't it be 50/50 instead of favoring one side. My opinion is it'll hurt the game and in the end Blizzard will be at a loss rather than a gain. That's what greed gets you.

I don't mind Blizzard having a store. I do like that store items are not available in game and vice versa. I also like that you can't buy your way to success, ie gear.

Things are fine they way they are. Do not change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I was never OK with a cash shop to begin with. I hate the idea of buying any kind of item with real money for in game.
    While I won't quit over it, I'll still dislike Blizzard for it.
    Feeling the same way. We already pay sub every month, so we should atleast get everything obtainable ingame. Cash shops are supposed for F2P games to earn money for keeping their game running, and to some extend I wouldn't mind B2P games to have a few items that they sell. But with WoW you both buy it and pay monthly sub...

Deleted
    No, a Cash Shop has no right to exist in a P2P game.

Yes. So long as everything in the cash shop is also made available in game.

Fine with it, just make an * after all cash shop items so it's clear how it was acquired.

Nope, I would quit immediately. (spelling)

No. But I support to have even 1000+ cash shop mounts, milking sheeps, as long as I have option to get another, different mount from HC (incoming Mythic) raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Nope, I would quit immediately. (spelling)
    I highly doubt that. Just because something is being sold for real money that has no effect on the way you play the game, doesn't mean you would quite over that. But if you would, then I wish you good luck finding another game to play.

If people who don't earn the items just can buy them then pretty soon everyone will have them. i am ok if a cash show would have non-performance enhancing items. i am ok with how blizzard has its mounts, pets, and transmog helms so far. i would vote if there was an option for someone like me.