Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashyy View Post
    What I've found best is to pre-pot, Incinerate, pop Dark Soul as the cast goes off, Immolate, Conflag x2 cast Incinerates until you're at two embers, then cast your two Chaos Bolts.

I would never delay my first Dark Soul waiting for an unpredictable proc.
    This is exactly how I do it. Lets me always get off 2 chaos bolts before KTT proc falls off even if something procs super early or whatever. I follow it up by refreshing immolate with everything up (including 4 piece) then continue as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    simcraft disagrees
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Double conflagging is OK cause you'll be able to get 4 incinerates off by the time you have to chaos bolt anyway
    It's pointless since LMG usually procs on pull. It has nothing to do with Chaos Bolt. You want to avoid having Backdraft up during LMG procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    lol

It's pointless since LMG usually procs on pull. It has nothing to do with Chaos Bolt. You want to avoid having Backdraft up during LMG procs.
    Quite often I find that even with precasting both an incinerate and an immolate, I only just make it to 2 embers after double conflag and 3x incinerate. I feel the extra emberbit or two from the instant conflag helps.

It depends what the approach/goal is I guess. Two Chaos Bolts with the first 10s trinket proc or not waste Backdraft stacks? What's optimal I have no idea but my point is still the same and I personally hate wasting Backdraft stacks with LMG up.

Deleted
    As it is not sure that the LMG will procc until you got rid of at least 4 of your Backdraft stacks, you can always use both Conflags imho.
    Also I like to burn out my Full Procc Chaos Bolts as fast as possible. Often I even waste 3 Backdraft Proccs for a CB at the start. Sometimes even 2 (with the next 3 some seconds later when Conflag is ready again and I can fill in another CB in the last few seconds of my Trinkets/Dark Soul.
    As this results in bursts of almost 1mil Recount-DPS, I like it very much (on Paragons HC it sometimes even is above 1mil).
    I haven't simmed it though.

Deleted
    So, now i can post links.

Can someone smart, who knows what to do, can tell me what im doing wrong to have this low dps? i think that my gear is not that bad and i think i should do more dps.
    Here are two fights - garrosh N - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=5245&e=5874

And protectros HC. - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=1176&e=1674

And here is link to armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gogic/advanced
    Last edited by mmoca8759514f1; 2013-11-22 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It depends what the approach/goal is I guess. Two Chaos Bolts with the first 10s trinket proc or not waste Backdraft stacks? What's optimal I have no idea but my point is still the same and I personally hate wasting Backdraft stacks with LMG up.
    Why not just go with regular meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    As it is not sure that the LMG will procc until you got rid of at least 4 of your Backdraft stacks, you can always use both Conflags imho.
    Also I like to burn out my Full Procc Chaos Bolts as fast as possible. Often I even waste 3 Backdraft Proccs for a CB at the start. Sometimes even 2 (with the next 3 some seconds later when Conflag is ready again and I can fill in another CB in the last few seconds of my Trinkets/Dark Soul.
    As this results in bursts of almost 1mil Recount-DPS, I like it very much (on Paragons HC it sometimes even is above 1mil).
    I haven't simmed it though.
    But... you don't have to use both your conflags right away. I mean come on, it's obvious what gives the most embers (in the long run). The only answer we're seeking to answer to is how big of an impact extra chaos bolt(s) during the first procs will have and how much we want to sacrifice to get there. Math should be able to answer this but I CBA because Destro doesn't rely that much on the opening (compared to Affliction).

And who cares if recount shows 1M DPS just becaue you casted a buffed, backdrafted+LMG Chaos Bolt in one second? That's just messed up logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Why not just go with regular meta?
    Now that's just a very lazy solution to the problem. Honestly I'd probably use a regular meta if I played Destro MS (or had another head to stick it in) just to save me the headache, but I really doubt I'd gain anything from it other than QoL.

at ilvl 545, is it ok to go GoSac? i spec mostly on mastery while these much cleave abuse in SoO and certain raids, i'm confused. GoSac or GoSup?

Ah. I thought you were full time Destro, this being Destro thread. I could understand if you swap to another spec.

I really think regular meta is better for Destro. Particularly with 4 piece, we crit so much. I'm going to miss meta gems next expac.

When I used LMG I wouldn't mind using a backdrafted Chaos bolt on the opener if it means

1) Fitting it in during optimal procs
    2) I need the Conflags to generate enough embers to Chaosbolt during optimal procs
    3) There are probably other things I can do before I have to cast an unbackdrafted Incinerate (Conflag will be up again before I need it) like spreading super crit buffed Imolates
    4) Bloodlust is up on pull and my Incinerates will be plenty fast anyway

Whats the point of a guide when the poster repeatedly states how unsure he/she is?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Whats the point of a guide when the poster repeatedly states how unsure he/she is?
    To serve as a starting point for those looking for quick answers, and to foster discussion.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Is he supposed to just delete the guide whenever Blizzard makes a change that influences Warlock theorycrafting? Locks have been in a constant state of flux each tier. Give him/everyone a break.

So I’m just curious I have a 554 ilvl (not sure if this is a contributor) and I downloaded simcraft, when I ran it and I’ve tried multiple stat changes and what not, it always comes up haste>crit>mastery or haste>crit>~mastery. From what I've been reading mastery should be your primary stat no matter what with crit and haste pretty much interchangeable am I doing something wrong that mastery is not showing up as my primary stat? Is there something I should be selecting in SimCraft that I am missisng?

Quote Originally Posted by Guineverie View Post
    So I’m just curious I have a 554 ilvl (not sure if this is a contributor) and I downloaded simcraft, when I ran it and I’ve tried multiple stat changes and what not, it always comes up haste>crit>mastery or haste>crit>~mastery. From what I've been reading mastery should be your primary stat no matter what with crit and haste pretty much interchangeable am I doing something wrong that mastery is not showing up as my primary stat? Is there something I should be selecting in SimCraft that I am missisng?
    Stat weights is something volatile.

It changes everytime your gear changes, this includes gems, enchants, etc.
    If you have a lot more mastery/crit than haste, especially at your Ilvl, because of breakpoints, haste values starts to increase.

But crit being better than mastery is really weird. Can you link your armory?

Would you rather I spout possibly false statements as truths?

Real life has (unfortunately) been kicking me in the balls as of late. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blecap View Post
    at ilvl 545, is it ok to go GoSac? i spec mostly on mastery while these much cleave abuse in SoO and certain raids, i'm confused. GoSac or GoSup?
    Either. Doesn't really matter though keep in mind GoSac will only be better if you yourself are good at casting optimal chaos bolts. Sup/Serv gives you room for error with the expense of having a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Stat weights is something volatile.

It changes everytime your gear changes, this includes gems, enchants, etc.
    If you have a lot more mastery/crit than haste, especially at your Ilvl, because of breakpoints, haste values starts to increase.

But crit being better than mastery is really weird. Can you link your armory?
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Guineverie/advanced

Can't post links just yet.. hopefully this will work... but just add a http : // in front and it should come up...
    Thanks for taking the time out to check.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Guineverie/advanced

Can't post links just yet.. hopefully this will work... but just add a http : // in front and it should come up...
    Thanks for taking the time out to check.
    I ran your profile and the reason why it's better it's because with 1k more haste you reach a breakpoint and haste/crit scales better with supremacy. This is talking purely from single target light movement fights (malkorok).

But they're close and honestly breakpoints as destro is overrated by simcraft a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I ran your profile and the reason why it's better it's because with 1k more haste you reach a breakpoint and haste/crit scales better with supremacy. This is talking purely from single target light movement fights (malkorok).

But they're close and honestly breakpoints as destro is overrated by simcraft a bit.
    Ah, ok I see now. So should I switch over to using GrimSac at this point then? And maybe have Simcraft calculate for patchwerk fights?
    Sorry just trying to learn... but I really appreciate the help.

Ah, ok I see now. So should I switch over to using GrimSac at this point then? And maybe have Simcraft calculate for patchwerk fights?
    Sorry just trying to learn... but I really appreciate the help.
    I think the stat weights from your ilvl are right, haste pulling ahead is just how simcraft see things on perfect mode. For single target haste is a valuable stat but whenever aoe comes into mind, mastery benefits more (as destro). I'll try switching for an AoE scenario (galakras) or 3 target cleave (midway Norushen) to confirm.

About grimoiries, from my perspective, keep using GoSup on Imerseus, protectors (afflic is better anw), sha (adds die fast in normal mode), Malkorok, Thok (imp for AoE dispell), Nazgrim (pets don't give rage), etc.

EDIT: I told you all that considering 3 things:

First; your progression, you're going through normal mode.
    Second; your composition. Strategy tends to change a lot. Iron Jugernaut I went GoSac with SacPact for bombs.
    Third; considering the fights on orgrimar, they're almost all add fights, and the better you use chaos bolts and shadowburn, the more impact GoSac will have.

I ran your profile again in cleave fights and AoE fights and mastery is the way to go, I'd not change anything (number wise, might consider chaging gems to expertise) considering your offspec is demon.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2013-11-23 at 04:27 AM.