Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    All things ofcourse will be awesome because Ghostcrawler left, and will keep to be good until the next guy arrives.

Then, next guy arrives, and the new scapegoat for the blame of everything a X player doesn't like about the game will be born again. So, I guess people have to enjoy this brief period of deluded hope as best as they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Fantastic voice? he was literally the most disrespectful and unprofessional dev i've ever seen... Not mentioning he was always a smart ass who very often had absolutely NO IDEA what he was talking about and when community was showing him how wrong he was, he was simply ignoring said community. No idea how anyone can say a good thing about him in this department...

He is being blamed for everything cause he was LEAD designer... You know what that means, right? HE had the final say what goes through, what doesnt. Why the fuck you think in every company its the guy who is LEADING a project the one responsible for the outcome? cause his decisions are the final ones. GC decisions led wow from 12.1 mil subs to 7mil. He fucking managed to nearly half the playerbase...
    Also please, tell me what did he brought to WoW that was so amazing?

LFD? Sorry but while making the game more convinient, it broke game immersion and caused the world to be dead which now they desperately try to revive.
    LFR? Sorry that thing simply took prestige out of raiding. It never should ahve rewarded players with epics as according to blizz, it was to show players content.
    Wellfare epics+50 variations of tier sets? Sorry that took away any kind of sense of acomplishment from the players.
    Epics being epic? who are we kidding, he destroyed gear progression and devalued epics in wotlk with his decision to make expansion gear be superior compared to previous expansion and epics being on every turn. Just look at naxx ilvls in vanilla and sunwell ilvls in tbc. Best epics from Kelthuzad were ilvl ~95.. ~1.5x player level. Tbc was ~ilvl 150 which was slightly over 2x player level. In wotlk first epic was 2.5x player level. Things you were crafting at start of wotlk, should have been items dropping from lich king... and now we ahve item squish cause they no longer can get hold of this and can no longer change the route they took in wotlk. All of this for what? jsut so palyers cant use gear they earned for "too long"? Now devs have to sit and adjust numbers for next expansion rather than work on actually new content... Haven't you noticed that every expansion offers less and less content? At least partially, you ahve GC to thank for that
    Speaking of epics... How fucking interesting are all those items that have base stat+stamina +2 random stats... every single fucking item is the same... So interesting design idd, lets praise him for this. Now players don't ahve to disenchant so much...
    Speaking of disenchanting. Professions have gotten so interesting these days, huh? every single one offers pretty much the same bonus and only moneymaking aspect matters anymore...
    OR maybe shall we praise him for reforging? hardly an interesting concept, just a money sink along with tedious task of "customizing" your gear... sadly it took blizz years to notice how boring this feature is...
    Pokemon? sorry, aint that just a copy paste?
    Farmville? as above
    Transmogrification? ah, here we have it... first actually good feature, that revived old world abit, or rather made old instances being visited even by new players and gave palyers options to customize their characters and make the game more fun...
    So here, 1 actually good idea, compared to how many bad ones? or ones that while bringing something good, also destroyed something else? cant be even arsed to count... But yeah, lets praise ghostcrawler, such a good decision maker, lets build him a golden statue...
    It might be harsh but what you wrote is at the heart of the current issues in WOW
    I have seen on Twitter people asking some pretty Decent polite Questions and if it falls into something that annoys him his answers are rude/Arrogant
    As I said in an earlier post I think the entire Dev team need to reset the relationship they have with the community we need some positive steps. They need WOW EU
    also to smarten up and get with the plan because at the moment its a bloody farce over here.

when the beta forums reported back serious problems with CATA CG and others totally dismissed everything personally I think that was the breakdown starting with the community and it just kept getting worse they seemed to concentrate on tiny little issues and massive things were left

Deleted
    To be fair, it's fairly smart of Blizzard to assign an official scapegoat to deal with the toxic fallout of the playerbase. Because it doesn't direct the hate towards the entire company.

Imagine if we didn't have any contact with actual human beings at Blizzard's offices. We'd all be hating on the entire company instead, looking for faults in more areas than the small ones we are now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
    After reading about of quarter of these comments I'm convinced that a large portion of this community is sociopathic.
    ^ so much this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Terenas Menethil approaches the devs.
    Terenas: Without its master's command, the restless RF noobs, QQers and casuals will become an even greater threat to this world. Control must be maintained. There must always be...a GHOSTCRAWLER!

Stolen from the official forums.

I pcitre some guy walking up sitting down and sees a crab hat

http://www.clicket.com/images_med/U5505.jpg
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Fantastic voice? he was literally the most disrespectful and unprofessional dev i've ever seen... Not mentioning he was always a smart ass who very often had absolutely NO IDEA what he was talking about and when community was showing him how wrong he was, he was simply ignoring said community. No idea how anyone can say a good thing about him in this department...

He is being blamed for everything cause he was LEAD designer... You know what that means, right? HE had the final say what goes through, what doesnt. Why the fuck you think in every company its the guy who is LEADING a project the one responsible for the outcome? cause his decisions are the final ones. GC decisions led wow from 12.1 mil subs to 7mil. He fucking managed to nearly half the playerbase...
    Also please, tell me what did he brought to WoW that was so amazing?
    You are wholly ignorant of what GC's job actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    To be fair, it's fairly smart of Blizzard to assign an official scapegoat to deal with the toxic fallout of the playerbase. Because it doesn't direct the hate towards the entire company.

Imagine if we didn't have any contact with actual human beings at Blizzard's offices. We'd all be hating on the entire company instead, looking for faults in more areas than the small ones we are now.
    That happened during the Real ID fiasco after Bashiok got annihilated. Oh man was that a great day. 50,000 posts in the 2500 page official thread, and 99% of them were pure venom and anger. Blizzard gave up a day later and they have barely touched Real ID since.

Yay a mindless hate thread my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Mark your calendars, folks! Within 3 months of Warlords of Draenor being released, people will be sighing nostalgically as they remember the "good ol' days of Ghostcrawler".
    My first thought also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Despite what he said I hope he didn't leave because he got sick of players complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    That happened during the Real ID fiasco after Bashiok got annihilated. Oh man was that a great day. 50,000 posts in the 2500 page official thread, and 99% of them were pure venom and anger. Blizzard gave up a day later and they have barely touched Real ID since.
    I'm pretty sure I'm classified as the canonical fanboy defending the big evil blizz, but even I think Read ID was an atrocious misstep and an obvious PR disaster. They should've just done battletags from the start. They did admit it was a mistake though.

To be fair a lot of organisations have tried to get more open and social via similar means and faced hostile responses because of privacy and intrusion etc, so it's not just Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    He was A lead designer. Read my posts, you'll find that there are several others.

If anyone has the role you're describing, it's Tom Chilton.
    I think his Job is best represented by sometime like the press secretary for the president of the United States, the guy who talks to reporters on a daily basis and takes the brunt of the questions while sticking to the talking points his Boss(the party in power) gives him. I feel sorry for them yet I sometimes get angry at the things they say or don't say, even though I know they are just doing there job in all reality. I don't envy these people. But it is part of the job they signed up to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Real ID has been a total failure ever since its release, that's why it got mostly replaced by BattleTag now. It's only a matter of time until Real ID gets removed completely, since it's redundant anyway now that we have BattleTag.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Despite what he said I hope he didn't leave because he got sick of players complaining.
    Its only when the financial situation as blizzard gets reported will any sense come out.
    If as many suspect the subs will fall further in Q4 what options will blizzard have.
    personally I think its going to be first of many. Feedback on the next patch wasn't exactly frenzied

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Im waiting on him to make his own personal tiwtter to vent out all his frustrations and be like @alkjfdhasdjf I left because youre a bunch of dickholes and im gona lol when the game goes to shit.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-11-28 at 12:36 AM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    everyone rejoicing should keep in mind it is all but guaranteed someone less competent will get the job now (whatever that may mean)

I have to give it to him though, leaving the sinking ship at the perfect time.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    You are wholly ignorant of what GC's job actually was.
    You just described 99% of this entire community.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    everyone rejoicing should keep in mind it is all but guaranteed someone less competent will get the job now (whatever that may mean)

I have to give it to him though, leaving the sinking ship at the perfect time.
    It's a solid company. Someone good will get the job. I like GC though I disagreed with him sometimes. I doubt he left due to player complaining--he really did seem to have a crab-level thick skin. Fairly sure they just felt that with so many subscriptions lost on his watch, they had to do something.

Of course... He might also have just gotten a great offer and left at a good time.

Wish him the best.

I won't miss him.

Did not like at all how they explain the team decision.

But I'm sure he loved work at blizzard and tried his best.

The man was arrogant and rude to people. Maybe that's how you become if you have to deal with trolls all day long, but since it's his work I don't care about the reasons. He just shouldn't treat his customers like that. Other than that he didn't understand the game. I can't remember what he said back in Cataclysm or WotLK, but it had to do with how ferals should play and it was completely wrong. That's just the worst. So many comments that just screams about how he isn't a game designer.

Been calling for his resignation for years. I have articulated more times than I care to admit why his decisions and his interactions with the community are bad for the game. At each of the last 6 or so quarterly earnings calls I have been stupefied that this announcement wasn't made then.

This is a good day.

P.S. I can't wait to hear the GC apologists defend him even after he is gone and the subscription numbers start to rise throughout WoD.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2013-11-28 at 12:56 AM.