Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mt ignore list grows weekly due to this type of behavior. It immediately sucks any fun out of the run, I wish I could say when something goes wrong there is a helpful person or two that is patient and takes the time to explain what we should have done. Sadly that is such a minority these days, more often then not there is the group of raging idiots.

And yes, it is usually the highest dps or heals doing the yelling. Like we should thank them and bow down for carrying the group. Of course that isn't all chart toppers, but more often then not when the bitching begins They are in the top slot, or pretty near it. Why would someone with low dps/hps bitch and moan? It would be too easy to call them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Mt ignore list grows weekly due to this type of behavior. It immediately sucks any fun out of the run, I wish I could say when something goes wrong there is a helpful person or two that is patient and takes the time to explain what we should have done. Sadly that is such a minority these days, more often then not there is the group of raging idiots.

And yes, it is usually the highest dps or heals doing the yelling. Like we should thank them and bow down for carrying the group. Of course that isn't all chart toppers, but more often then not when the bitching begins They are in the top slot, or pretty near it. Why would someone with low dps/hps bitch and moan? It would be too easy to call them out.
    It's not impossible for you to already know the fights going into the instance,especially with how gutted lfr is. If you're going to be reckless with people's time, there's going to be some backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post

They are upset because they are doing their job and others are not. That is more than ample reason to be upset.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the creator of this thread goes on about issues in LFR but has not once stepped foot into an LFR?
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The minute this gets announced is the minute I leave WoW.

People who so much self entitlement and in their ass that they can't master basic mechanics have gotten nothing but blizzards lips attached to their ass for years now.

1. They gave you WOTLK.
    2. They took 5.0 (The best PVE content in WOW in terms of 5 mans and raids) and degraded cataclysms PVE content to the worst state i've ever seen in PVE content to appease you.
    3. And they somewhat found a balance in MOP. Yet you still bitch
    5. And now, you self entitled assholes want to ban players for holding you accountable for fucking up and not learning how to play a basic game?

Fuck that.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    They want to play their way.
    Why don't you get over it and group with friends who are accepting of your shortcomings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If the raid is giving me my seventh or eighth stack of Determination because 21+ people die instantly in the first five seconds of the maze phase, I think I'm allowed to throw a profanity or two at the raid for being incapable of beating a boss that belongs in past tiers. :/
    No way man, you need to stop being an elitist and let them play the way that they want. Maybe they want to die to the maze? Who are you to tell them that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    From my own experience, I could support an idea like this. World of Warcraft's player base has become very toxic. People should be auto-kicked if they cannot calmly explain why they're upset or frustrated and Blizzard should do more to foster a healthy player base. There are threads on the official forums practically every day or every other day about how volatile people act toward another player. LFR & BG's constantly see name-calling, excessive cursing and ridiculous personal attacks on other players for, oftentimes, the most mundane of things.

I'm not sure if it is the so-called elitists that are the problem, however. There need to be measures in place to further additional accountability. Half of the time I see people go off, it's because half of the group in the BG or LFR have no idea what they're doing or are barely trying. Doing any group activity where half of the group isn't even coming close to pulling their weight is always frustrating, regardless of how mundane the content is. I cannot tell you how many scenarios I've done for valor on my heroic geared rogue while the other two people just sat there, waiting to cash-in on their valor / rewards. I've even told them to pull their weight to no avail and leaving places the deserter debuff on you. Talk about bad game design.
    QFT

People don't go raging for no reason. Maybe not a "good reason" in your eyes, but they have a reason. And this is a common one. If this wasn't so rampant, raging wouldn't be either.

@Issalice your signature is a disgrace to Whovians everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    The minute this gets announced is the minute I leave WoW.

People who so much self entitlement and in their ass that they can't master basic mechanics have gotten nothing but blizzards lips attached to their ass for years now.

1. They gave you WOTLK.
    2. They took 4.0 (The best PVE content in WOW in terms of 5 mans and raids) and degraded cataclysms PVE content to the worst state i've ever seen in PVE content to appease you.
    3. And they somewhat found a balance in MOP. Yet you still bitch
    5. And now, you self entitled assholes want to ban players for holding you accountable for fucking up and not learning how to play a basic game?

Fuck that.

Seriously.
    FTFY 5.0 was dull

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game.
    But what if my in game name is Gaylord or Focker ? Anyone talking to me might get instant banned!
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I'm sure plenty of players past and present could tell you about a time somebody being "elitist" criticized them, and they made themselves work to be better.

People don't send a torrent of abuse to those asking for help. They may be sarcastic but if somebody is trying hard and asks for some pointers, people would oblige. Now, coming in and saying "EXPLAIN THE FIGHT TO ME I DONT READ JOURNAL" yea, thats not going to fly.

People take criticism differently, but considering it to be elitist and needing to be banned is ridiculous. Take criticism or ignore it, but if you ignore it stay out of group content.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of heroic raiders offer lessons.
    Plenty maybe, all no. I stand by my point that a gentle suggestion will always be better than yelling or other forms of public forced improvement. If you want EVERYONE fixed to be better then mine is the only solution.

I've heard anecdotal evidence to the contrary. In fact I even saw some myself last night. Although it was one guy yelling at the entire raid rather than any one person being singled out. Went on for about 5 minutes through trash. Plenty of sweraing, nubs, scrubs, etc. Also, not everyone will know they're doing badly. Not everyone plays with recount, dbm or whatever. They might think they're doing perfectly well.

You're right. People do take criticism differently. But I'd wager a decent chunk of money that the majority of people will take private, non-sarcastic criticism with help attached better than they will public sarcastic criticism with no help offered. Which is the issue I'm getting at. I also think banning people for being assholes is ridiculous. I don't think it's an issue Blizzard should have to deal with. I think it's an issue that the players should deal with. But I also think it will never happen. In fact I think it will decline further. Become more commonplace. And eventually (along with boredom) be what kills the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Because this makes for a more wonderful experience, pleas go troll some other place. Most of the people that get kicked in the groups I have been are the ones that what to berate someone, sometimes I even initiate, said kick. Because all these people are doing is waste my time, they start something and we end up right back where is start 10 minutes ago with nothing solved. I have even got to the point where, I don't tolerate even a peep and will get them kicked before they even get a chance to start there rant. I am there to have fun, not sit there and listen to endless chatter about crappy healing and dpsing. These are a given in the LFR environment, these people somehow feel it changed at some point in the process. I hate the elitists and the trolls equally, if you are impeding the groups progress, you are equally at fault and both need to be kicked, is just that simple.
    So you get butt hurt because you suck and can't find a mute button, ok. Enjoy your 30k dps is Soo LFR, and wiping endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Plenty maybe, all no. I stand by my point that a gentle suggestion will always be better than yelling or other forms of public forced improvement. If you want EVERYONE fixed to be better then mine is the only solution.

I've heard anecdotal evidence to the contrary. In fact I even saw some myself last night. Although it was one guy yelling at the entire raid rather than any one person being singled out. Went on for about 5 minutes through trash. Plenty of sweraing, nubs, scrubs, etc. Also, not everyone will know they're doing badly. Not everyone plays with recount, dbm or whatever. They might think they're doing perfectly well.

You're right. People do take criticism differently. But I'd wager a decent chunk of money that the majority of people will take private, non-sarcastic criticism with help attached better than they will public sarcastic criticism with no help offered. Which is the issue I'm getting at. I also think banning people for being assholes is ridiculous. I don't think it's an issue Blizzard should have to deal with. I think it's an issue that the players should deal with. But I also think it will never happen. In fact I think it will decline further. Become more commonplace. And eventually (along with boredom) be what kills the game.
    And when people ignore you? Yea. If we didn't have "elitists" most players would never know they are doing badly, since they never have a reason to think otherwise.

If the majority of the raid was bad, like 18 deaths on Durumu, then directing complaints at the raid as a whole is not surprising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Does anyone else find it ironic that the creator of this thread goes on about issues in LFR but has not once stepped foot into an LFR?
    I find it more ironic that someone is complaining about elitists while being one.
    ". Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class."
    You mean like mandating that anyone who doesn't act how you want them to to be kicked?

There's an ignore function, use it. Or, if you can't handle the fire, YOU don't step foot into social situations with people you don't know who might, shock horror, say something you don't like.

It's not that simple, sometimes the guy yelling is an asshole, other times he's rightfully telling someone to stop fighting on roads or AFKing or facepulling etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

On a serious note, both parties are at fault. Some people need to calm the fuck down after 1 wipe, and others need to either know what the fuck they're doing or acquire thicker skin.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    FTFY 5.0 was dull
    Let me guess,

Was dodging AOE effects from the first boss in Stonecore too hard?

The kick option exists for when enough people dislike a certain player. Either improve the kick option or get used to it. IT is an MMO game, you are bound to run into people you dislike. Having Blizzard try and filter them out for you is wasting their time. Let them empower the player and let the players settle the dispute by way of kicking or ignoring.

Automated-kick is not a way we should go down here
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    The creed of every elitist terribad in existence.

"I can say whatever I want about you because mommy and daddy said I'm always right, but if you say anything about me I will cry bloody tears and kick my dog!"
    It is easy to uphold someone's constitutional right to free speech when they are saying something nice or friendly or that you agree with. Its the speech that you hate and don't agree with that is the most important to protect, because then there is truly free speech.