Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was racist. I do think it wasn't funny and was pretty tasteless. There's nothing funny about a family adopting and loving a child. It should be admired. They can make jokes about the lack of diversity in the GOP without mocking Romney's family. Romney is/was just as bad as Obama in my opinion but family should be off limits.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalwario View Post
    If it was reversed you would call it racist..It was completely 100% RACIST and she should be fired

If you think it wasn't racist, then you live by the usual double standard that only white people can be racist
    If the Fox News pundits were held to the same standard, they wouldn't have ANYONE on anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Well... the shoe fits often times. Racist who hate blacks are more likely to be conservatives than liberals.
    And sometimes the shoe that is apropos is anti-white racism, which is somewhat more normalised in the MSM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

how were they being bigoted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    And sometimes the shoe that is apropos is anti-white racism, which is somewhat more normalised in the MSM.
    then you can only blame fox news since it's the highest rated and the country is conservative (according to conservatives), so they are the MSM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSNBC mocking the grandson... racist? I dont think so... Tasteless? Yes... Offensive? Yes.... Racist? I dont think so. Do they have a right to say what they wish? Yes. Do they have a right to the consequences of their action? You betcha.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If it was reversed you would call it racist..It was completely 100% RACIST and she should be fired

If you think it wasn't racist, then you live by the usual double standard that only white people can be racist
    Should Phil Robertson have been fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Should Phil Robertson have been fired?
    Yes, he was, but A&E caved to money. The show is TERRIBLE anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yes, he was, but A&E caved to money. The show is TERRIBLE anyway.
    I was mostly asking the person claiming "double standards" since that comment that was just posted tends to be from people with many.

Somehow I imagine you wouldn't have the same sort of vein bulging anger at all the times conservatives have said vaguely racist things and I really doubt you ask for each and every single one of them to be fired. But oh hey, that ONE liberal did it and it proves everything, or something.

lol conservatives.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I just don't get why news outlets and pundits have to go after peoples families. I get it, you don't like Romney, or Clinton, or whomever, but wtf does someone need to go after their kids for.

Disgusting.
    Kinda gotta co-sign this one. Leave the kids out of it.

bizarre why we are even talking about the Romney family at all. call em out on their bullshit, anyone who has a raging bias for the "liberal" news station /laughs should take a shut the fuck up pill. this sort of behavior should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    bizarre why we are even talking about the Romney family at all. call em out on their bullshit, anyone who has a raging bias for the "liberal" news station /laughs should take a shut the fuck up pill. this sort of behavior should not be tolerated.
    what do you mean not be tolerated? they have the right to free speech, and the right to have their own beliefs. call them liberal all you want, they have the right to say what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    what do you mean not be tolerated? they have the right to free speech, and the right to have their own beliefs. call them liberal all you want, they have the right to say what they want.
    not tolerated in the "turn a blind eye to it" sense. there is also nothing liberal about mocking a family in this way, it's petty at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Voting is a right protected by the 14th amendment.

Buying alcohol and cigs are not.

Just recently the fed basically gave the go-ahead for states to implement voter ID laws, so long as they did not blatantly block people from voting. Texas, in a grand show of being Texas and their intentions being completely transparent, implemented voter ID laws that would block a large amount of minority voters from voting in addition to married women (registered voter name being different from that on their ID). And they had that shut down.
    voting is a privledge just like everything else in this country, felons lose the right to vote, why doesnt the 14th protect them? Im kind of surprised democrats don't support voter id laws, after the election in 2004 being stolen in Ohio for Bush that wouldve never happened if our elections were done properly and held proper records.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    not tolerated in the "turn a blind eye to it" sense. there is also nothing liberal about mocking a family in this way, it's petty at best.
    liberal/conservative has nothing to do with it, except for the fact that MSNBC was either free (liberal) to say those things or restricted (conservative).

Deleted
    Republicans who are desperately trying to prove liberals are the racist ones always have to fake outrage when race is mentioned. To me it just seems funny that Mitt the robot would take a picture with him holding a black baby with 20 white ppl around him. Not political at all I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    voting is a privledge just like everything else in this country, felons lose the right to vote, why doesnt the 14th protect them?
    That you can have rights stripped does not make them a privilege.

Im kind of surprised democrats don't support voter id laws, after the election in 2004 being stolen in Ohio for Bush that wouldve never happened if our elections were done properly and held proper records.
    What do you think happened in 2004?

What goes around comes around, with all the racist shit we see on a daily basis from the extreme right wingers and they get so offended for basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well, it might be hard for certain people to turn around and attack these comments, given how vigorously they've been defending the free speech of a certain waterfowl connoisseur recently.
    Not hard at all. Notice the difference between pointing out hypocrisy versus destroying somebody's livelihood to make a political point.

Now if a political group pressures MSNBC into firing people for having an opinion, you're on to something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    voting is a privledge just like everything else in this country, felons lose the right to vote, why doesnt the 14th protect them? Im kind of surprised democrats don't support voter id laws, after the election in 2004 being stolen in Ohio for Bush that wouldve never happened if our elections were done properly and held proper records.
    So does that make owning a gun and free speech a privilege?

2000 and Florida says what?

The incident was never substantiated. There have been supposed voter fraud incidents but none ever substantiated. The number of actual false votes cast across the entire US average to about 100 a year. ACROSS THE ENTIRE US. Do you think that's worth blocking what would be an estimated 10% of the minority from voting? I guess if you pretty much alienate most minorities from voting for your party ever, then yeah, you'd want to do that, and then blame it on some kind of trying to uphold the integrity of voting.

Also, felons tend to lose certain rights, such as owning a firearm, but you know what they can still do in many states? Vote.

Because felons can lose that right, doesn't make it a privilege.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"