Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, the hair, of course...
    Took me longer than I'm proud of to understand.

I'm mostly interested in the hair physics, cause if they implement Troll beards, awesome.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This just made me want to repost my old Subraces concept... This is a bit dated, and some of the ideas are my own fan concepts, but I did put a lot of thought into giving each existing race as much variety as possible.

Essentially, each of these subraces would use another existing player model as a template, likely sharing most of their animations, but with distinct standing poses at the very least, as well as altered anatomy, new textures, and unique customization options. Ideally they could also have different class options and their own set of racial abilities.

The core of the concept is that each racial faction becomes a "kingdom" comprised of three races or subraces:

*Long post is loooooooooooooooooooooooong*
    Awesome concepts. Too bad something like this would never happen :/

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Awesome concepts. Too bad something like this would never happen :/
    I agree. >_< It looks really awesome, but and I would beyond love to have it in-game, but it goes far beyond just reskins with some minor model alterations. That's full-blown multi-races per each 'kingdom'. While it would be AMAZING, that'd have to be something a game started with, in my opinion. It's just too ambitious to happen for even one or two expansions worth of updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice ideas, Kathranis. Personally, I would be satisfied with the idea of four factions, each with say four to five races, two of which can be allied at any point, but the ideas you mention certainly appeal to me; I assume they would be within the context of the current faction model?

I would obviously prefer high elves to half elves, as I see no reason they should be given any preference over any other form of half-breed, and also given that they are shunned by both parents' cultures. I've never felt that the high/blood elf build in-game did their concept art justice, but that's a separate matter. To me, it's largely a function of the de-canonised WRPG, over which I think the concept art should take precedence when it comes to describing appearances. I also think Blizzard foolishly followed the oft tread path of penalising fortitude for blood elves (as is typical fantasy tradition for high elves), when the more obvious candidate for both high elves and blood elves would've been to penalise spirit instead, due to the fact that their usage of the arcane gives nature-attuned races the creeps and is (or was) in a sense 'alien' to Azeroth; fel in particular weakens the ability to forces such as the Light. Obviously they are a race that is meant to have a sveltness and trimness to its appearance, just like the typical night elf, but all this means to me is they don't get fat or as stocky as humans. A bit like this TCG art.

Regarding a 4 faction model, I would've gone with the Highborne and associated allies (sin'dorei, Naga, ethereals, possibly forsaken, felbloods), Alliance (humans, dwarves, gnomes, quel'dorei, worgen), Horde (ogres, orcs, trolls, tauren, goblins) and a Kalimdor based faction (draenei, kaldorei, furbolgs, broken, possibly Pandaren.) This would include subrace customisation options. Just personal taste; what I'd really have loved is a Highborne third faction more than anything else.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-24 at 10:34 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Lordaeron humans should be taller then Stormwind. Kind of silly. I think there should be a ingame interace that shows "Well you're a X human."

Cause Aeluron Lightsong here is from Lordaeron and still continues to be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Really would like to see the Tauren and Orc Female, the Night Elves, the Human Male, the Trolls, and many more.

Would be nice if there was some females in Warlords of Draenor for Ogres.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kathranis - Great ideas. I'd love to see them in game, at some point, in some manner of sorts, though expecting them now would be a bit far fetched. However, I do have a simple question regarding worgen - What would be the difference between a feral worgen, and Greymane's pack? What would differ unafflicted Gilnean from Stormwind human, aside from clothing and mayhaps hair style?

Half-Elf

Azotha
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-25 at 12:44 AM.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat Azotha. Give now, k thx. ._.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Half-Elf

Azotha
    I would play that Half-Elf to death.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I love both the half elf and the Azotha, always so cool to see new stuff from you shoc.

10+ Year Old Account

I want to see more faces for the Human Female.
    Also I want to see the Human Male. :P

Oh and Shoc can you do a Half-orc human?
    Garona is one, but I would like them be like orc human females with tusks. :L
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Half-Elf

Azotha
    I'll take one Azotha, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

I want to see more faces for the Human Female.
    Also I want to see the Human Male. :P

Haha thats actually a really cool idea, but I'm going to wait for the new Orc females before making an updated Garona
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Nit picky but Garona is half Draenei.

The birth of Garona was orchestrated by Gul'dan, who "bred" one of his orcish warriors to a draenei female (which implies rape). The result was a child that, as discovered later, looked surprisingly human. Gul'dan had her magically aged and tortured, also placing controls on her mind later to ensure obedience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half-Elf
    Thank you!! Love it!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Kathranis - Great ideas. I'd love to see them in game, at some point, in some manner of sorts, though expecting them now would be a bit far fetched. However, I do have a simple question regarding worgen - What would be the difference between a feral worgen, and Greymane's pack? What would differ unafflicted Gilnean from Stormwind human, aside from clothing and mayhaps hair style?
    Obviously this is my own thinking, and I don't imagine these differences to be huge, but I see Lordaeron humans looking a bit more Nordic (taller, fairer), while the Gilnean humans would look a bit more British... I was thinking the "bulldog" breed, being a bit more stout, maybe a bit shorter, hairier, with more stereotypically british features, or on the flip side, a bit more aristocratic.

As for the Bloodfang Worgen versus Greymane Worgen, I essentially imagine the Bloodfang to be more like older depictions of worgen. Kind of mangy, rabid... Maybe with torn clothing (ala the Forsaken), and unable to shapeshift between human and worgen forms.

I could maybe whip up a big of concept art in a little while.

@ Kath loved your kingdom ideas for the most part, i think it would be better to actually use established lore to make up the kingdoms but thats just me. love the half-elf and the Azotha though im not suer what the later one is. fel human??

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel Human would be assuming we even bother going to Alternate Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fel Human would be assuming we even bother going to Alternate Azeroth.
    what i meant is that what a fel human would be called ( an Azotha) or am i completely stoned and not recognizing what it is or would be in game. in short wth is an Azotha lol