Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I never understood why is this such a hot topic issue and elicits so much butt hurt. I mean you got flagged and killed like once...maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe twice, mostly because you have the environmental awareness of a blind snail. Common Superman, deal with!
    And I never understood why is this such a hot topic issue and elicits so much butt hurt from people that defend bluewalling.

What point does it serve, other than:

1) Letting you get the first hit against an opponent that can't retaliate because you weren't flagged until the point you attacked them, and is generally considered cheap and cowardly. (Intentionally doing it)
    2) The unwary right clicking on a flagged douchebag covering up a mailbox/vendor/etc with their oversized mount (Unintentionally doing it)
    3) Minding your own business, didn't notice some dude in the middle of your farming, tab targetted. (Unintentionally doing it)

I see all of those as only negatives. I have yet to see someone offer a positive reason to have it.

At best, I have only seen "It was always like that. You just have to deal with it.", to which is said, "Been doing just that since late Vanilla. That still doesn't explain WHY it is like that."
    At worst, I have only seen "Only an idiot gets themself flagged accidentally. You deserved it.", to which is said, "Hold up, now. People say if we didn't want WPvP, then don't roll on a PvP server. Well, then that is precisely what we did!"

So, what positive element does bluewalling bring to the game?
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2014-02-04 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The existence of the censure across all realms says you're wrong. Anything beyond that is players simply not being careful. You might as well complain that you got auto-flagged by running through Wintergrasp.
    We all know that there are players out there that purposely take advantage of hiding in an npc or crowd a lootable mob in hopes some unsuspecting player clicks on them while having no intention to engage in PVP so they can get their jollies off beating down a player who had no intentions to do anything other than click on an npc or pick up some loot. This is why the new PVP flag rules are being instituted and I for one think its long over due.

The only disadvantage to it is that if I join an ordos group and the tank is flagged for pvp I can't heal him unless I flag myself for pvp or he waits 5 minutes to get out of PVP. Personally I think thats more the tanks problem than mine since I can just leave group and find one in 10 seconds that doesn't have to deal with a pvp tank or with trying to down ordos on a server where you have to deal with pvp just to get a tag on Ordos. Especially when there are so many pve servers where you can just walk up and put ordos down without interuption.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be using my free 90 to roll an alt on a PvE server then. This way I can farm achievements and other interesting things in peace. Loving it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Well, I understand where you're coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player's action to flag themselves (even if it's on accident), so I'm not sure it's us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.

In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible, misclicks and AoE's would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It's actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it's still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.

~ Bashiok
    Source

So, PvE players will finally get to avoid the PvP antics of instigators. It's about time. PvP has no place on a PvE realm. It belongs in Arenas, BGs, and PvP/RP-PvP realms. I see the need to have NPCs for "For The Alliance/Horde" to be made killable, but flagging is not needed for that even. They would simply be Red to opposing factions (Guards and Kings only). Every other NPC should get the same setting as child characters in the game. Auctioneers, boatmen, vendors, etc. None of them should be killable, not on PvE realms.

PvP has it's place, and now, just like neutering Twinks, we can neuter griefers.
    This is all well and good but I do believe that you should be flagged automatically if entering an enemy city. People should at least be able to defend their leaders from a "For the Horde" or "For the Alliance" raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to see some people see the issue and understand Blizzard's response. I find it less likely people are just randomly opposed to the response and more likely upset they will no longer be able to fuck with people using PvP. Guessing it is the same set of folks who twinked and got pissed when Blizz gave the non-xpers their own BGs. Some of them preferred only facing those who pose a challenge, the rest miss being able to pwn undergeared newbs. It is this general PvP attitude which makes me despise PvP elitists/jerks in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    This is all well and good but I do believe that you should be flagged automatically if entering an enemy city. People should at least be able to defend their leaders from a "For the Horde" or "For the Alliance" raid.

Agreed, and I will amend my position on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Looks like I'll be using my free 90 to roll an alt on a PvE server then. This way I can farm achievements and other interesting things in peace. Loving it.
    Come to Blade's edge, I'll help ya

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like it, no more being ganged up on because you are PvP flagged due to some PvP flagged healer. Though, still Wonder... how does it affect healing PvP flagged people? Would a message come that the person is PvP flagged or do you just get flagged?

I think they said the spell would fail if it's targeted at a pvp flagged person. Smart heals I don't think they talked about yet, but I would imaging they would make it fail also.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I know you "think" you are saying something when you throw around phrases like "straw man" and other latin bullshit. Simple fact of the matter is Blizz is providing a resource to keep players, not unlike myself, from having to interact with PvP in any way, shape, or form. Personally, I am pleased about it, and wish it had come with the launch of the game. Maybe I would not despise PvPers so much for their attitudes.
    They already had these resrouces. Its called dont suck and dont flag.

But people got stuck on the dont suck part, so now Blizzard needs to pat you on the head and tell you its okay, not your fault you are blindly buttonmashing but the meanie who jumped on your mob.

Note to self: Murder Goldshire and Honor Hold tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

But people got stuck on the dont suck part, so now Blizzard needs to pat you on the head and tell you its okay, not your fault you are blindly buttonmashing but the meanie who jumped on your mob.

More like Blizz eliminating and exploit which is fun for asshats. Likely the same asshats who suck so much at their role, all they do is raid Goldshire and Honor Hold to feel like a big man.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-02-04 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already had these resrouces. Its called dont suck and dont flag
    PvE on a PvE server? Oh my gosh, so shocking. Yeah, you don't like that crap that pvp players spout off repeatedly turned back against you, do you? That's going to be my refrain for this smart decision. If you don't like PvE only, go play on a PvP server.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So you are going to ignore how smart heals will hit a flagged player? smart heals = no control on who they target.

So tell me, since you are the all mighty god player of wow. What would you do during a world boss that has a flagged player in your raid? Not heal? Or heal and get flagged?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    unless you're playing on a pvp server this feature can't bother you. if you're getting ganked by ppl just don't get flagged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So tell me, since you are the all mighty god player of wow. What would you do during a world boss that has a flagged player in your raid? Not heal? Or heal and get flagged?
    They would probably pop the censor and troll the group, causing them to wipe. Now they can only be a contributing member to their PvE community. Oh the horror!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

So, what positive element does bluewalling bring to the game?
    A sense of slight possible danger, that keeps you just a bit on your toes and makes you pay attention to what exactly are you doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sense of slight possible danger, that keeps you just a bit on your toes and makes you pay attention to what exactly are you doing.
    If I wanted danger, I would have stayed on a PvP realm.

If I wanted danger, I would have stayed on a PvP realm.
    Well I guess this is a really big deal for you guys...so yeah... I don't know. To me it just seems like complaining about nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess this is a really big deal for you guys...so yeah... I don't know. To me it just seems like complaining about nothing.
    If someone gets mugged in New York, they can either stay (PvP) or move to Kansas (PvE). When they move to Kansas and that same NY mugger shows up again, they think, "Why the fuck did I even bother moving?"

I left PvP to get away from assholes and enjoy my game. Now, people on my realm, and others (PvE / Normal) are still having to deal with the childish and troll antics of bored PvPers. We're just glad there is finally a way to prevent the mugging.

This thread is a mess. I can only hope that a majority of the people upset over this future feature are either confused that this is for PVE realms or they liked how they could get people to PVP on a PVE realm. Confused? Fine you misread, now move along. Other reason? You are against the spirit of the server. People go to PVE realms to either control their PVP flagging (which you can still do in 6.0) or to never have to deal with it ever. I re-rolled to a PVE realm when I played with a friend a few months ago. Best decision ever.

I also feel that some of the people who are such avid PVP'ers that they feel the need to insult others need to try to understand something. You are probably on an imbalanced server (and if not congrats) and you are probably the dominant faction. How about you play on my old server and be the 100-1 underdog? Not fun in the slightest if you have literally any aspirations of doing anything pve related except LFG dungeons.

Realms used to be balanced... in vanilla, and pvp used to be a fun distraction... in vanilla. Ever since my old realm started to dip one sided the pvp has been a complete and utter waste of time. Knowing that, I am glad that Blizzard is taking some steps to add these features to the PVP toggle on the PVE realms. Flagging has not been a problem for me since I started playing again, but having the barrier there is a great thing.

Deleted
    In my early days of WoW back in Vanilla - just after the Battleground patches - it was a gank fest as soon as you found yourself in Duskwood and STV, but it taught me to be a better player. I learned to stay off the main roads and to hide behind cover whenever a higher level player was nearby. I could even lay down on the ground and shadow meld to blend into the terrain. Getting to AQ40 or MC/BWL was like running through the gauntlet on most days.

World PvP is pretty much non-existent even on PvP realms, especially on maps where dailies are involved and people don't want to start wars over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    sounds like a good plan if you want to avoid pvp.
    Hi

Wintergrasp should be phased like every other BG, and look dormant like Zul Gurub when flying over or even landing. We should be able to enter the zone, with caution (based on who controls it) and not be flagged unless we engage in combat with opposing forces.
    Which would completely have defeated the purpose of it when Wrath was current. Unfortunately for you, there's an island in WoD that will, to my knowledge, have the same behavior.

Autoflagging just by flying over something is ridiculous and outdated.
    Your dislike of something doesn't make it an outdated concept. Sorry.