View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    400k drop would be 7.2 Million. Current Subs are at 7.6 Mill Subs. Remember these Subs are from Oct 1, 2013 - Dec 31st 2013. These Subs numbers could very well hold alot of the Blizzcon Hype still. We are in February now we will not see current numbers until May 2014 & those numbers could change.

People really think these sub numbers are current, but actually they are already out of date when they get announced they will be known as the sub numbers that carry the Blizzcon Hype still. The ones people really wanna see are the ones release in May 2014 that will show Q1 2014. If your looking for a huge drop in these than your clearly mistaken & will be disappointed. As the 100k rounding error could be caused from 5.4 just released in September & that would carry over to October & the sub report than Blizzcon in November carrying over to December & the New Year.
    Yep, my miscounting - I thought we were on 7.4 million last time round and that the 400,000 plus would take us below 7 million which is what I expect. Either way, it's crappy counting on my part so thanks for the correction.

But while I agree that we're looking at a less significant subscription drop than the previous "big" ones, I still think there's going to be a hit this time. The BlizzCon hype just isn't what it was anymore, and the entire presentation was a bit... Tired. The players have picked up on that, and I get the impression there's very little of the "OMGCANTWAIT" for Draenor that previous expansions has seen.

Just a thought.

All that said, you're right. May is going to be the one that hurts because there'll be no cushion for it, and I also think Q3 is going to see subscriptions take an absolute hammering thanks to the release of other games and the needlessly long wait for the new expansion. Honestly, I believe we're looking at the 4 million mark before this year is out... And maybe even lower.

Time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ypolt View Post
    and Blizzard is probably the company most known to support their games long after they've faded from the spotlight.
    Exactly how have u cme to this conclusion?

What old games have Blizzard famously still supported long after theyve faded from the spotlight?

Deleted
    I already deactiveted 2 of my 3 account's>
    Only one is the one with the main that/i'm raiding.And really is....annoying since 1 month now ...zero upgrades /11/14hc and ofc need some upgrades..

Anyway with this f bull@$% rng i'm already unsub until Wod
    (47 kill Garossh in total 1/Heirloom=Shield...)
    3 weeks now with 8 alt's normal/Cele/ordos/= Gold> Not even a duplicate item.

Problem for me aswell some other is the stupid rng that..
    5 month Farming 1st boss Heroic/mode 3 range/casters.... are still even without Lfr/trinket.. with near a total of 70 kills...70 coins..

Well not going to spend 1 year farming...upgrades...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hey don't worry about those nonsense posts man. Read my quote and you will understand why people vehemently defend WoW like they do. I know its illogical and upsetting, but thats the way it works with some of these people.

To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.
    The only thing that is illogical is the fact that you apparently have *nothing* better to do aside from being constantly banned on a WoW fan-forum, it honestly makes no sense and you've been doing it for years - we get it, you don't like the game - now kindly, sod off once and for all, no one even takes you seriously on this forum anymore...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Oh look, a 'how many subs will WOW lose this quarter' thread. I wonder who's started this one, of course; it's Jaylock!

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-05 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

What old games have Blizzard famously still supported long after theyve faded from the spotlight?
    Starcraft. Warcraft III. Diablo II.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Low-mid 6 million. If I had to pull a number out my ass, a flat 6.5 million.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    My prediction?

I predict Gaylock will get banned yet again.

Seriously, why is this twat not permanently IP banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Nothing Blizzard have produced or are going to release in the near future is likely to remove their dependance on WOW. Blizzard's revenue is several hundred million dollars down per annum from when WOW was at its peak it is incorrect to suggest that their profit is the same or higher.
    Weren't their numbers quite good last year if I recall? They seem to be doing just fine despite the sub losses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

WarCraft 3, StarCraft 1, and Diablo 2. I honestly don't know why you would ask such a question when Blizzard have always supported their games long after they've been released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The only thing that is illogical is the fact that you apparently have *nothing* better to do aside from being constantly banned on a WoW fan-forum, it honestly makes no sense and you've been doing it for years - we get it, you don't like the game - now kindly, sod off once and for all, no one even takes you seriously on this forum anymore...
    We all know why he is here. Problem is that he would never admit it openly.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    WoD could be BY FAR the best expansion and we will still lose subs. It is just a fact of life that people get bored after playign the same game for 10 years.
    That's the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    1) He shows more capacity of independent thought than you do.
    2) He posts because you keep biting.

Deleted
    SoO burnout is hitting hard as does every single end xpac raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Nothing Blizzard have produced or are going to release in the near future is likely to remove their dependance on WOW. Blizzard's revenue is several hundred million dollars down per annum from when WOW was at its peak it is incorrect to suggest that their profit is the same or higher.
    Well then we will see the revenue stream of this last quarter, won't we

My prediction for 2014 is clear cut.

2014 will be a record breaking year in revenue: > 1.7 billion dollars. never before seen that one for Blizzard.

Easy to calculate: 1 billion dollars from WOW, 600 million from HS, 100 million from D3 expansion and the little things going on ...

That's a very conservative guess even as WoD boxes are within that 1 billion and 60 dollars average for a 10 million public joke of a game called HS is peanuts really with all platforms included.

Revenue has very little to do with the quality of a game, it all depends of the market trends and the market screams for such trivial thingies like a free to play Blizzard game on iPads and Androids.

"Free to play" is a joke of course. But I still give HS 50% success rate. The masses are stupid.

You see the fluctuaton (ups or downs) in WOW subscriptions will pale in view of that new money printing card game. A mere 7 packs of cards = one monthly WoW subscription. And I bet everyone and his dog will at least buy ONE such small packof cards to start with. If a 60 dollars game like D3 sold 15 million in 2 years time, I am pretty sure a "free to play" game like HS on ALL platforms will dwarf that number in one year already.

What I have seen now in beta though is that I met every day masses of players with tons of Legendary cards, meaning they bought TONS of random card packs.

Simple.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-06 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I think of it quite differently. If we have someone responsible for the game saying the direction is casual, then we know that those who claim the game is not casual are using a different definition than the one being used by those responsible for the game. While this doesn't legitimize all claims of the game being casual, as that definition isn't very clear, it does directly oppose any claim that the game is not casual.

Like any sort of iconoclastic linguistic movement, it's all about finding the places that can not be adjusted and working to better match dialogues so the topic can be clearly discussed. Since gamers don't get degrees in the shibboleth and argot of what they are discussing, working to co-educate is the only way forward.

or hell, we can always have 40 page threads where people may actually all agree but use different words without agreed upon meanings.
    Then it all just boils down to that someone is arguing with make-belief because semantics are somewhat coherent with each other.

Which, is even more cardhouse logic. But with grease.

Good prediction Jaylock.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread seems kinda funny right now, not gonna lie.

Deleted
    UP by 200k. Where is your god now, OP?

OP has been banned at some point. But hopefully he's seeing this.

Don't worry guys he'll be right the next time for sure!

A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.