Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Norushen healer challenge

Any reason for a healer to come out of the challenge with full corruption (went in with full) ?
    Our Paladin healer went in on two attempts and came out without being cleansed even though no adds died inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you have it, he didn't keep the NPC's health high enough for them to kill the add inside (or something bugged out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    He needs to heal the npcs and dispel them too.

He failed the challenge.

Bet he did not have any way to see the NPC's health and/or mouse-over macro'ed spells to heal/dispel them. Probably means he is also bad at immerseus and puddle healing.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, like others said, there's 3 Golden Lotus adds inside that fight a big Sha thing. The Sha will deal moderate-high damage on them at all times as well as throwing out a powerful DoT on either the healer, or one of the Golden Lotus. As long as you keep all 3 alive, the Sha should die within the minute allotted, if it's not, there may be a bug of some sort.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Heroic Healer challenge? lol Why would you put an healer there? Just send dps and tank when they need it. BL when all dps are clean and GG. Tank get all the purple ball and that the fight. basicly.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstaz View Post
    Heroic Healer challenge? lol Why would you put an healer there? Just send dps and tank when they need it. BL when all dps are clean and GG. Tank get all the purple ball and that the fight. basicly.
    Because you have healers soaking the orbs after 50% so your dps doesn't have to lose dps by soaking them.. simple logic.

Of course you don't really need to do that now that you outgear the encounter, but for people progressing on it, it's the way to go to meet the dps check.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Should clarify a few things I suppose.

This is a group that has only recently reformed, though most have experience and some gear from SoO.
    This was their first attempt at Norushen heroic (though I have done it on my mage with my guild, I help out on my bear while they try and recruit a second tank).
    He had no issues the first few attempts. It was only the last two that he came out without being cleansed.

My understanding is that the NPCs do not need to kill the add inside the challenge. They, and the healer, just need to survive the minute in there.
    Or am I wrong and the add needs to die ?
    I know you do not need to kill the mob in the tanking one, so thought the healing one was the same.

Healers were being sent in as the other tank needs more gear to survive in there. He kept dying
    Though still do not see why you would not send healers in so they can do full healing, as the damage does increase as the fight goes on. They do not have as much gear as they would like, so do not outgear it at this point in time

Thanks all.

Deleted
    Healers always do full healing on Norushen. They just get a slight healing buff (not really noticeable) and get their corruption cleaned once they come out (this is why you put healers in). The strat is to have healers soak all of the orbs and dps not touch any.

I'm not actually sure if you just need to survive or if you need to have the npc's kill the add. I always found that to be... quite the same thing really. If you survive then the adds have high enough health to kill them. He must have done something horribly wrong (not dispelled debuff or stood in puddle) to have them be at low hp and not die. Just give it another go, that shouldn't be a persistent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xerty View Post
    Healers were being sent in as the other tank needs more gear to survive in there. He kept dying
    What? I never did the tank challenge on hc but... ?? I'm sure low gear isn't the reason for failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Healers always do full healing on Norushen. They just get a slight healing buff (not really noticeable) and get their corruption cleaned once they come out (this is why you put healers in). The strat is to have healers soak all of the orbs and dps not touch any.

I'm not actually sure if you just need to survive or if you need to have the npc's kill the add. I always found that to be... quite the same thing really. If you survive then the adds have high enough health to kill them. He must have done something horribly wrong (not dispelled debuff or stood in puddle) to have them be at low hp and not die. Just give it another go, that shouldn't be a persistent issue.
    Interesting. I always thought healing output was reduced with each corruption. But now I think about it, that would not make sense.
    I can only assume he made a mistake or there was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    What? I never did the tank challenge on hc but... ?? I'm sure low gear isn't the reason for failing.
    The non-avoidable damage can be quite high if you have no mitigation up. So I guess he must have failed. Though he is only 550ilvl, that should be adequate.

Deleted
    The non-avoidable damage can be quite high if you have no mitigation up. So I guess he must have failed. Though he is only 550ilvl, that should be adequate.
    Really depends on which class. If he's new to tanking or just generally inexperienced you should ask him to turn off all the bars/timers on dbm/bigwigs that arent strictly needed for him. First time I did the tanking challenge on heroic on an alt it was a bit overwhelming as DBM would show warnings for things happening outside.

A few tricks for your tank though, as it's really silly not to have a tank purify as it's free dps at the cost of no big adds. If it's a warrior or a druid, make sure to spellreflect the spell that youre supposed to interrupt. Use defensive CDs here (boss hits like a wet noodle, so you dont need to save them). Use offensive CDs here as well, as the faster you kill it the better. A druid can hotw-catform kill it in no time whatsoever. A warrior with reckl/spellreflect etc can pretty much nuke it down in no time. Make sure to tankswap just before you go in, so that he has some vengeance.

Im sure you can Zen med some of the damage to cheese vengeance as a monk as well. DKs have army + AMS for dps/vengeance.

you never have to send a healer in, we just have tanks soak orbs, never had an issue since they rotated going in, healers can heal, dps can dps, and the fights already a joke anyway. Seems like you're overcomplicating it tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Because you have healers soaking the orbs after 50% so your dps doesn't have to lose dps by soaking them.. simple logic.

Of course you don't really need to do that now that you outgear the encounter, but for people progressing on it, it's the way to go to meet the dps check.
    We always have tanks soak the orbs. By the time he hits 50% all the DPS are cleansed and we usually have 1 tank at 50 energy and the other at 0, meaning tanks can soak the remaining.

We send healers in to make it easier for them. We did this during progress as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

Or because in 25-man you don't have enough tanks to soak all the orbs you're gonna get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    We always have tanks soak the orbs. By the time he hits 50% all the DPS are cleansed and we usually have 1 tank at 50 energy and the other at 0, meaning tanks can soak the remaining.

We send healers in to make it easier for them. We did this during progress as well.
    By the time the boss hits 50%? That is really, really late. We have 3 dps going in immedeately, the big adds being killed and soaked by the other 3 dps which then go in right after. I doubt the boss is far below 80% at that point (though some of that is because the dps are mostly focussing on the small adds during that time). The healers soak all orbs beside the first 3 I believe.

We do DPS/DPS/Healer/Tank
    Then Dps/Dps/Healer/Tank
    Then DPS/DPS

Hero/Burn.

And you come back up with full corruption if you fail the challenge. Either by not being able to kill the add, letting an NPC die, or dying. It's incredibly easy to heal, I've just been smiting my way through that since our first heroic kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    We do DPS/DPS/Healer/Tank
    Then Dps/Dps/Healer/Tank
    Then DPS/DPS

Hero/Burn.

And you come back up with full corruption if you fail the challenge. Either by not being able to kill the add, letting an NPC die, or dying. It's incredibly easy to heal, I've just been smiting my way through that since our first heroic kill.
    This is the optimal way IMO. This way DPS never has to eat an orb making their trials faster also. OT can soak the last 1-2 orbs, depending if the 2nd tank eats an orb before their trial. Only tricky thing is healing solo until both healers are purified, but with CDs it should be rather easy.

Thanks all for the feedback. I guess it was probably a bug, or he did allow an NPC to die and did not notice.

Interesting to hear that sending healers in gives no real benefit, except they can soak orbs if needed. I'll pass that info on to our team for next weeks kill of him.

Thanks all for the feedback. I guess it was probably a bug, or he did allow an NPC to die and did not notice.

Interesting to hear that sending healers in gives no real benefit, except they can soak orbs if needed. I'll pass that info on to our team for next weeks kill of him.
    I'd hardly call a 35% healing buff "trivial", especially if you're 2 healing it to meet enrage timers before you overgear it. And there is zero reason not to send healers in, you have the orbs, and the time. It's not necessary, but it certainly is viable. Tell him to use something like vuhdo if he's struggling, he can use the target or "main tanks" frame to dispel and heal the adds, without needing mouseover macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    This is the optimal way IMO. This way DPS never has to eat an orb making their trials faster also. OT can soak the last 1-2 orbs, depending if the 2nd tank eats an orb before their trial. Only tricky thing is healing solo until both healers are purified, but with CDs it should be rather easy.
    The optimal way? I just don't understand why you would send in a healer and a tank before all dps are purified? Dps corruption only affects the damage TO the boss. Tanks only get a damage reduction when purified (which is quite irrelevant because damage is light). I can't imagine a scenario where that is superior to DPS1/DPS2/DPS3 --> DPS4/DPS5/DPS6 (these soak the orbs from the first big adds before going in) --> Heal1 (Both healers and a tank soak an orb) --> Heal2 --> Healers soak remaining orbs

Quote Originally Posted by Dzur View Post
    I'd hardly call a 35% healing buff "trivial", especially if you're 2 healing it to meet enrage timers before you overgear it. And there is zero reason not to send healers in, you have the orbs, and the time. It's not necessary, but it certainly is viable. Tell him to use something like vuhdo if he's struggling, he can use the target or "main tanks" frame to dispel and heal the adds, without needing mouseover macros.
    The problem with having healers go in for the healing buff is that you leave the other healer to soloheal outside. That is much less mana efficient (and may need a cooldown) than being able to keep the raid topped off with AoE heals.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-02-18 at 05:27 PM.