Thread: Why Bladestorm?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10/10 discussion.

Anyway, is there a specific tipping point where BS would beat DR, or is it at all gear levels assuming weapons are not massively behind(eg. fresh dinged Timeless isle with 463/450 weapons)? My Warr is 552 ilvl with 2x 561 weapons currently, so Bladestorm with cancelaura should be better in theory(aka SimC)?

There should be as bladestorm scales with crit while DR doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    get on my level

<3 <3 <3
    <3 love u qt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    There should be as bladestorm scales with crit while DR doesn't.
    That. With mediocre gearlevels and/or SMF/Arms Spec Dragonroar is still superior on Singletarget.

You also have to consider that Bladestorm only sims as a 2k dps increase in BiS when the execution (cancelaura) is done perfectly. If you are missing out on one Bladestormtick by canceling too early or if you delay your BT by too much its not a gain.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    That. With mediocre gearlevels and/or SMF/Arms Spec Dragonroar is still superior on Singletarget.

You also have to consider that Bladestorm only sims as a 2k dps increase in BiS when the execution (cancelaura) is done perfectly. If you are missing out on one Bladestormtick by canceling too early or if you delay your BT by too much its not a gain.
    There's some leeway in it, as long as it's cancelled after the 4th/5th tick it's a better choice than dragon roar. The 6th tick depends on if enrage covers it, which will always be sketchy. 7th tick is always a single target dps loss, just be sure to not be cancelling it on aoe.

You would think that's the case for Arms, but behold the power of Bladestorm:

Using Dragon Roar:

Using Bladestorm:
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    @ collision
    doesnt it kind of depend on wether you cancelaura right after a tick is done compared to right before a tick is about to happen? I mean if you cancelaura just before a tick, then you lost almost 1 second of dps doing basically nothing.

@ Warriorsarri
    well I didnt know that. I guess I should start using it then when im playing arms in single target. Thanks alot =)

What this means is that no matter what boss you'll want to pick Bladestorm, unless your SMF, and if you're SMF you want to get a 2hander instead and then go Bladestorm.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    What this means is that no matter what boss you'll want to pick Bladestorm, unless your SMF, and if you're SMF you want to get a 2hander instead and then go Bladestorm.
    Best guide for SMF 10/10 would read again!

@ collision
    doesnt it kind of depend on wether you cancelaura right after a tick is done compared to right before a tick is about to happen? I mean if you cancelaura just before a tick, then you lost almost 1 second of dps doing basically nothing.

@ Warriorsarri
    well I didnt know that. I guess I should start using it then when im playing arms in single target. Thanks alot =)
    just because you cancel bladestorm doesn't mean you incur a gcd. you can cancel it and use bloodthirst instantly (minus client/server lag time and reaction time)

What about for prot? Mostly depends on the situation I'd guess.

For Prot DR is still a lot better for Single target, both in regard to DPS, and in TMI. If you Bladestorm you waste a lot of globals that could have been used to generate rage.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    What about for prot? Mostly depends on the situation I'd guess.
    It would seem logical that because DR is ap scaling vengeance would push it ahead, that and the fact that your rotation is so fluid with S&B proc potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    just because you cancel bladestorm doesn't mean you incur a gcd. you can cancel it and use bloodthirst instantly (minus client/server lag time and reaction time)
    he's talking about the time you wasted before you canceled, not after.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    he's talking about the time you wasted before you canceled, not after.
    i don't see any way you could precisely cancel it just as a tick happens, i'm not sure what kind of delay there is from ability lands -> displayed in combat log -> displayed on damage text.

i don't think most of one second of lost dps time is really anything to worry about since you're losing more dps in the time it takes to charge to the boss or moving between targets, but in the interest of min/maxing, if anyone has a solution, i'd like to hear it.

Lag and reaction time are going to play a much bigger role than any amount of tracking you could do at that point. Even with my CS debuff or enrage buff weak auras, there is often a fraction of a second lag time before it pops up, I see it, and react to it.

Basically it boils down to; inside enrage = good, outside enrage = bad.

You could theorize all day about waiting an extra .10seconds after enrage ends for a tick, but it's not practical in any way. If it makes you feel better think about it this way:
    The faster you cancel BS and get enraged again, the more DPS you will pick up, and get back into your ST rotation quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    i don't see any way you could precisely cancel it just as a tick happens, i'm not sure what kind of delay there is from ability lands -> displayed in combat log -> displayed on damage text.

i don't think most of one second of lost dps time is really anything to worry about since you're losing more dps in the time it takes to charge to the boss or moving between targets, but in the interest of min/maxing, if anyone has a solution, i'd like to hear it.
    That's why I gave a range instead of a specific tick number.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Last time I checked, Warriors don't use it for single target fights.

Checking the top ranked Warriors for Juggernault, they all use Dragons Roar.
    ok dragons roar sucks it might be ok in situational arena matchs but more people it spreads the damage out so if you get a 200k crit with it on 1 person on 2 people it will split 100k each and so forth until it does crap damage, bladestorm is a better talent cos it aoe's like dragons roar it crits like a truck and also if you take bloodbath it rips people apart and the aoe doesnt go down the more people there is so all in all dragon roar sucks in comparison to bladestorm but then again ive played fury warrior since classic i wont play arms cos ppl say its good i can destroy arms warriors as fury any day.

I knew it! Another reason to keep using my fav spell.Although I was using it back when it definitely wasn't better for st :P

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I knew it! Another reason to keep using my fav spell.Although I was using it back when it definitely wasn't better for st :P
    LMAO

At least you laugh along with it.