Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's real, but it's not beta footage.

He got it from the press tour that's going on the next 2 days globally.
    Yeah, likely beta will be when they have an icon for Draenor itself instead of just a blue rectangle lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    No one is playing, it's not beta. Barely alpha. It's the same version they had running at Blizzcon, with only 2 zones. See Vid 3, none of the other Draenor zones are in-game.
    No, I most definitely did not play this at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I mean, the entire point of the new models is that you 'get used' to them. The fact that it wore off fast on you means that they managed to get them on the same level of fidelity as pandas without creating any jarring changes, which is exactly what they were aiming to do. I'd wager that the art team would take that as a compliment.

As for the item squish, I guess you could get an addon that multiplies the damage values that pop up on your screen by 20 or something to make you feel good.
    They wore off in 2 minutes. Id say its a fail because NEW CHARACTER MODELS was a hyped up main feature for Warlords. The low damage was the thing that stood out the most to me. I cant get over the 500 auto attack damage. It feels laughably weak. I guess if someone where to make a mod to restore MOP levels of power as a fix would work, but I got bored not even before the first video finished.

It feels very Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Fire and Brimstone now also affects Chaos Bolt. Mother of Nukes !
    Am I missing something? Where did you see a destro lock? I saw a combat rogue, affliction lock, and arms warrior. No destro luck = no fire and brimstone or chaos bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    It said Lost isles. That's a Beta Server just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    that orc facial detail holy fuck snacks.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-02-21 at 05:32 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So refreshing seeing the item squish, all the little numbers! Like how a lot have noticed with the grass responding to movement, all the little things that make it appealing.

People definition of "beta" gets more and more strict and doesn't reflect the previous ones from what I remember. They certainly didn't open day one with all the zones unlocked and all the class changes prepared.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

It also says "Draenor Beta" on the Create Character Template in the rogue video.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    They wore off in 2 minutes. Id say its a fail because NEW CHARACTER MODELS was a hyped up main feature for Warlords. The low damage was the thing that stood out the most to me. I cant get over the 500 auto attack damage. It feels laughably weak. I guess if someone where to make a mod to restore MOP levels of power as a fix would work, but I got bored not even before the first video finished.

It feels very Meh.
    You'll adjust, tiger.

Mentally paint some ZEROES on the end of the numbers and you'll be golden. It's the same either way. What matters is the PERCENTAGE of the hp bar that goes away when your attacks land. That will be the same as all the past expansions: smaller at first, then getting bigger and bigger with better gear.

Are these videos still working for everyone else? I just get a black screen.

I don't like how the new models look. doesn't look like world of warcraft, especially when he was playing as the orc.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Am I missing something? Where did you see a destro lock? I saw a combat rogue, affliction lock, and arms warrior. No destro luck = no fire and brimstone or chaos bolt.
    He scrolls over the icon for Chaotic Resources in the Lock video, showing the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Looks kind of great from where I'm sitting, and I don't mean the models. I honestly couldn't care less about character models. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't care if every single person in the game looked 100% identical, or if my character got replaced with a black box, wouldn't matter. The item squish, however, looks like it's done perfectly.

Very excited to get back to doing reasonable amounts of damage, instead of seeing tanks with over 1mil health and doing 400k DPS. So much better than if things had stayed as they are, auto attacking for 500k would have been fun, right? rofl
    As an artist, caring about aesthetics comes naturally to me. Sadly, it looks like female dwarves kept their boring animations.

I don't raid heroics, but Im sure tanks don't do 400k dps. I don't even think dps reach that high either. For me, I fucking love overkill. Give me Michael bay explosions and 2 million execute crits.

Deleted
    Why Korea gets this and Euro/UK gets Zilch. Really annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The media NDA should be lifting on Monday most likely for these press tours
    Looks like there's no NDA because the korean guy already posted his videos and the french guy said he's working on his stuff from the press event and will put it online today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    He scrolls over the icon for Chaotic Resources in the Lock video, showing the tooltip.
    Warlock.
    Warrior A and C.
    Rogue.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-02-21 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Screenshots
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Anyone else get annoyed how he clicks each talent individually to learn?
    WOW thank you! YES!! dude drove me nuts in these videos...also I would have faced the camera to the face for a minute and showed a few expressions, but at least the dance did show some facial expression.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    affliction for leveling? that guy is a total retard

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeplant View Post
    Yeah, likely beta will be when they have an icon for Draenor itself instead of just a blue rectangle lol.
    Nah. Heck it took until later in the MoP beta for Pandaria to not be a green rectangle at the way bottom of the Cata map.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)