Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What are the chances of Zaela popping out another little Hellscream?

Because they're keeping her alive from something.

They kept her alive because she's going to Draenor with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    They kept her alive because she's going to Draenor with Garrosh.
    Yeah, but she has to serve a purpose in WoD. From what we know now, what could that possibly be?

Devs were very careful about not saying yes or no to that question at Blizzcon. The potential is very high, but I don't think they're going to go about it like the did with Aggra. That even for me was a little much, and I love mushy crap like that. Since Zaela is going back to Draenor with Garrosh in WoD she'll be getting some form of screen time. The Horde will probably get to off her, and then if she has punched out a Garrosh spawn, Thrall will probably take responsibility for it(much to Aggra's chagrin lol)

But it's also just as likely that she won't and she's just there as a female character so they can say they tried to balance out the character gender ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Devs were very careful about not saying yes or no to that question at Blizzcon. The potential is very high, but I don't think they're going to go about it like the did with Aggra. That even for me was a little much, and I love mushy crap like that. Since Zaela is going back to Draenor with Garrosh in WoD she'll be getting some form of screen time. The Horde will probably get to off her, and then if she has punched out a Garrosh spawn, Thrall will probably take responsibility for it(much to Aggra's chagrin lol)

But it's also just as likely that she won't and she's just there as a female character so they can say they tried to balance out the character gender ratio.
    Ya, Id hope for the latter. Every prominent female Orc so far was nothing more than a footnote in the legend of her male companion. It would be good to see Zaela have her own story.

Anyone know the lore surrounding the Dragonmaw Clan pre-Azeroth invasion?

What I'm hoping for is that when we kill off Garrosh and probably Zaela, Thrall will adopt their son or daughter and raise it alongside his own child.

Deleted
    Plot twist, Zaela has a baby from... Grom.

Deleted
    I would say the chances are about 100%. It'd be pretty cool if it was a girl.

They're building up quite a bunch of younger characters that they can use when they get older.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Essentially, the Dragonmaw Clan was put together by Rend and Maim Blackhand from their own ranks once Zuluhed found the Demon Soul in order to capture Alexstrasza. In this timeframe, Blackhand did not rise to power, he was not assassinated, therefore Rend and Maim did not splinter off from the Blackrock Clan, and dragons have not yet been encountered. Therefore, no Dragonmaw Clan, although the elite troops of shamans that would eventually become the Dragonmaw Clan (including Zuluhed) would logically be high-ranking Blackrock Clan members.

The above holds true, however, only if you choose to ignore Golden's (and subsequently Metzen's) ignorance when they state that the Dragonmaw Clan existed before the Dark Portal opened, which was not implied in the original material.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Well, they are the sameish age...

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    There isn't very much. Zuluhed, their leader, was a shaman who drank the blood along with the other Orcs, swore fealty to Blackhand, and joined Gul'dan's Shadow Council. Most of the notable things done by them were during and post 2nd war. They were a minor clan propelled from obscurity by Deathwing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Essentially, the Dragonmaw Clan was put together by Rend and Maim Blackhand from their own ranks once Zuluhed found the Demon Soul in order to capture Alexstrasza. In this timeframe, Blackhand did not rise to power, he was not assassinated, therefore Rend and Maim did not splinter off from the Blackrock Clan, and dragons have not yet been encountered. Therefore, no Dragonmaw Clan, although the elite troops of shamans that would eventually become the Dragonmaw Clan (including Zuluhed) would logically be high-ranking Blackrock Clan members.
    A bit confusion there, Rend and Maim have nothing to do with the Dragonmaw, they created the Black Tooth Grin Clan.

We don't have much of the Dragonmaw Clan besides Metzen saying that the name of the clan was a mistake.

Plot twisting again: That baby is Garrosh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    I don't think they're going to go about it like the did with Aggra. That even for me was a little much, and I love mushy crap like that.

Omg I hate mushy crap and babies in general so that being the culmination of the entire Cata expac was a HUGE groan/facepalm/barf moment for me.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaela's fetus must be made of iron if it survived its mother falling a few hundred feet off a dragon onto cold hard desert rock.

Though, eh... if Zaela frees him, maybe they'll conceive after fleeing to Draenor.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-02-28 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    This would be entertaining.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the whole point of keeping her alive was so she could pop out another rage-aholic Hellscream.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

A bit confusion there, Rend and Maim have nothing to do with the Dragonmaw, they created the Black Tooth Grin Clan.

We don't have much of the Dragonmaw Clan besides Metzen saying that the name of the clan was a mistake.
    Rend and Maim splintered off with the Black Tooth Grin. Dragonmaw itself splintered off from them, keeping their allegiance to Sons of Blackhand, in order to have a group with which to wrangle dragons. It's all in WCII.

I remember reading somewhere...might have been an article on WoW Insider, that the Dragonmaw Clan was actually a smaller clan. We don't know too much about the clan prior to the Burning Legion. Of course in our world they've taken control of the Netherwing drakes in Outlands and previously controlled many of the red drakes in Classic WoW and some of the black drakes in Twilight Highlands. The question is, what did they control before the 'dragons?'. As far as we know, there are no actual dragons on Draenor.

The next thing is that Blizz is gonna retcon the name and make it seem like a mistranslation. It's just speculation, and that IS in the article I'm thinking of. http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/09/kn...ns-of-draenor/ The Dragonmaw Clan is farther down and extends in to an older article.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh......you just made me nauseous...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I would say the chances are about 100%. It'd be pretty cool if it was a girl.

They're building up quite a bunch of younger characters that they can use when they get older.
    Yep, this would make perfect sense if they ever made a legit time themed expansion. We run around with said grown up children, except I keep seeing it as we're not supposed to know it's them....even though it would be rather obvious to us lol. My own silly speculative head canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Oh my god.....shut up... XD You're making way too much sense.