Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    No, I'm saying Hitler rose to power because he despised the government too. I'm saying, if you remove the dictatorship end, the means to rise to power were a kin to something you'd believe in. You not being able to separate the way he rose to power versus what happened after, is why bringing up Hitler is sensationalist bullshit...
    He rose to power not because he, "Disliked the Government" but because he offered Government to the people in a more oppressive, vengeful way. They liked that for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    If you would read the first amendment you would realize that the first amendment is much broader than you would like to imply.
    Again, you're just wrong. SCOTUS says you're wrong. History says you're wrong.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you're the latter.

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

Please read more deeply into things.

It sure doesn't say you can break laws, but it sure as hell says that the Government cannot make a law limiting your right to peaceably assemble. Those laws you're talking about are invalid when compared to the Supreme law of the land (the Constitution).
    You are arguing over a subjective term like 'peaceably'. If my neighbor starts patrolling his back yard on a daily basis with a completely legally owned gun, I wouldn't feel it was peaceful, regardless of his intent.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    And when those people were getting in the way of federal workers, they were given an area to peacefully assemble. Not sure what you're not understanding about this, would you like some help?
    This shit is going in circles now. I don't know how many times I've said this, but here we go again! The excuse they used to set up the first amendment zones was, "We're trying to keep everyone safe, so protest way the fuck away from all of this in an extremely closed off area away from public view!" The Governor called them out on this bullshit. The next day they tore down the First Amendment Zones (not like anybody was using them considering it's a violation of their rights). AFTER that they said that the people should not get in the way.
    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04...-intimidation/

I know that you guys have just heard about this whole thing, but you should really do some research before you decide to contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    He rose to power not because he, "Disliked the Government" but because he offered Government to the people in a more oppressive, vengeful way. They liked that for some reason.
    He liked or was ambivalent towards the government he provided an alternative to? That absurd...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Again, you're just wrong. SCOTUS says you're wrong. History says you're wrong.
    If SCOTUS said the sky is red and I said the sky is blue would I be wrong? Nope. Same thing here.

- - - Updated - - -

He liked or was ambivalent towards the government he provided an alternative to? That absurd...
    He didn't like the current one, so he offered the people the Autocratic Nazi version of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit is going in circles now. I don't know how many times I've said this, but here we go again! The excuse they used to set up the first amendment zones was, "We're trying to keep everyone safe, so protest way the fuck away from all of this in an extremely closed off area away from public view!" The Governor called them out on this bullshit. The next day they tore down the First Amendment Zones (not like anybody was using them considering it's a violation of their rights). AFTER that they said that the people should not get in the way.
    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04...-intimidation/

I know that you guys have just heard about this whole thing, but you should really do some research before you decide to contribute.
    Then the issue isn't limiting government or freedom of speech, but the same tired states rights bullshit.

If SCOTUS said the sky is red and I said the sky is blue would I be wrong? Nope. Same thing here.
    Are you comparing a document subject to interpretation with reality which is not subject to interpretation? It's not even a fair comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

If SCOTUS had jurisdiction over the sky, you'd be wrong. Guess what SCOTUS has jurisdiction over here? Yup, you're wrong.

Therionn: Who cares what the SC says because sky not red.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't like the current one, so he offered the people the Autocratic Nazi version of it.
    So... He did dislike the government? Please realize that you are praising state government, while demonizing federal government.

No, I'm saying Hitler rose to power because he despised the government too. I'm saying, if you remove the dictatorship end, the means to rise to power were a kin to something you'd believe in. You not being able to separate the way he rose to power versus what happened after, is why bringing up Hitler is sensationalist bullshit...
    The Nazi party was vehemently opposed to the democratically elected government of the Weimar Republic and was an ultra nationalistic organisation that gained power through civil violence and street battles. Its nationalism and virulent anti-Marxism and anti-Semitism drew support from disaffected Germans.

I don't think you can separate the way he rose to power from what happened after. They're one cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What if the constitution is wrong?

Okay, so you're the latter.

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

Please read more deeply into things.

It sure doesn't say you can break laws, but it sure as hell says that the Government cannot make a law limiting your right to peaceably assemble. Those laws you're talking about are invalid when compared to the Supreme law of the land (the Constitution).
    it doesn't say that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    If SCOTUS had jurisdiction over the sky, you'd be wrong. Guess what SCOTUS has jurisdiction over here? Yup, you're wrong.
    They certainly do not have jurisdiction over the meaning of words. If they say abridging means: "We can violate whenever we choose to" that would not be the definition of abridging. Facts are facts, and the support me.

P.S. Supreme Court has never even made a ruling on First Amendment Zones. So whether they consider them unconstitutional or constitutional is still in the air.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Therionn: Who cares what the SC says because sky not red.
    I see that you cannot actually form an argument against me. This makes me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    SCOTUS isn't a linguistic authority whose decisions are binding upon English. They are a legal authority whose decisions are binding upon United States law though.
    They're also a group of political appointees with obvious factional loyalties and ideological agenda.

Which can also be said of the writers of the constitution and its amendments.

He's right when you get right down to it. The SCOTUS may be the official arbiter of the constitution but ultimately everything is just someone's opinion.

Deleted
    So... He did dislike the government? Please realize that you are praising state government, while demonizing federal government.
    I'm praising the Governor of Nevada for protecting his people's rights. I'm not really doing anything past that.

P.S. Supreme Court has never even made a ruling on First Amendment Zones. So whether they consider them unconstitutional or constitutional is still in the air.
    They most certainly have. Where do you think we're getting the "time, place, and manner" language?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    it doesn't say that.
    Here's another one!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is an example of a first amendment area.

This particular sign was in Nevada where that cattle/land debacle is going on but they have been posted in other areas in similar situations.
    What do you think about this? Does it mean the 1st amendment doesn't exist outside those zones, what is the point of a "first amendment zone?"
    You all realize this is a joke picture, right?