Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    You see ladies, gentlemen. What we have here is a conundrum. On the one hand, it is unfortunate to have questing lore and side questing removed for the sake of a more streamlined questing experience, but on the other-hand you have the fact that some quests just honestly should not be quests. But on the third hand, maybe if Blizzard actually put effort into their writing and made enticing, engaging and above all interesting story archs, plots and character development, maybe questing as a whole could be much more enjoyable.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    That's a great idea from Blizzard tbh.

What I don't get is why they don't make main storyline quests harder and more rewarding so there isn't even a need for side quests that don't contribute anything to the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    What I don't get is why they don't make main storyline quests harder and more rewarding so there isn't even a need for side quests that don't contribute anything to the game?
    Because everyone doesn't wan't harder quests. And some prefer to chose between variation then just doing one line of quests.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    "The bonus objectives no longer have any story text that go with them, just a list of objectives. Now when there is quest text, you will know that it is really worth reading"

can you please make questing even more boring as it is
    becuase everyone is so intrested to hear why farmer x need help with vermin

or why random npc Y need some animals hides, i know for sure that i dont.

the more work they put into the storyline and zones the better.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    becuase everyone is so intrested to hear why farmer x need help with vermin

or why random npc Y need some animals hides, i know for sure that i dont.
    Exactly this.

I don't care that Millie needs some apples or whatever. I wanna know what clan is doing what and why.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    ok so the elitist minority that rushes through game without consuming lore content at all is in this tread so far. some of us, silent majority do like the fact that there is a written thing as well, especially on lore or immersive playthroughs. saying "kill 5 boars" is boring and no text at all on these side objectives is a rushed out lazy choice
    But "kill 5 boars because reasons!" isn't really a lore event, is it?

I assume that most side-quests will be "ZOMG! Iron horde guys, kill 10 of them!" or "Hey, a crate of supplies, gather 9 more!" sort of stuff, and i don't need a lore-based reason with big quest text to make me want to do those things (Everybody likes having more supplies or fewer bad guys :P ), how i feel about this idea in the end depends strongly on Blizzard's definitions of "Storyline quest" and "Side objective"

Deleted
    This will give us a raid-tier.

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-15 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares about the bonus objectives though? You know why you need to kill 5 wolves, do you need to know why you need to also do it in 1 pull?

Feel sorry for the people who did read every quest detail, but they were almost assuredly in the minority.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    This will give us a raid-tier.
    I'll admit I chuckled a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I do, I read every quest at least once. Sometimes when you do that, those objectives make sense instead of. "Why the fat bearman want green stones?"
    I mean, does it matter? Either way you're going to get him green stones, and for some inexplicable reason he'll let you choose from an assortment of weapons he randomly has laying around.

At the end of the day, if it isn't directly tied to the story, the quest text is rather pointless. Someone could want me to get him 50 bombs so he can blow up all of Orgrimmar, and if he's offering me a large amount of experience and a good item I'd still do it, doesn't really matter. Quests are just an ends to a means.

Now if they could remove the part where I have to run back to the quest giver to turn it in we'd be even better off. Perhaps some day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    /shakeshead

Amazing that people can defend this.

If the quest text is so boring that few read it ...

The solution is not to remove it! The solution is to fix it!!

Keep this up and all you will have is a barebones number game.

edit: To those of you saying it isn't relevant to the main story so fuck it, these are opportunity to fill out your "world", to add detail and improve immersion - yes, I used the "i" word. You tell parts of the story subtly "through" the environment, i.e. indirect story telling.

But whatever man, if you want it "barebones" and Blizzard wants to utterly fail at engaging new players ... OK, no skin off my back - it's not like the market isn't flooded with alternatives.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-04-15 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    /shakeshead

Amazing that people can defend this.

If the quest text is so boring that few read it ...

The solution is not to remove it! The solution is to fix it!!

Keep this up and all you will have is a barebones number game.
    Would you want to read why Fizzle McWizzle wants some pebbles or would you rather read an in depth quest text about the clans warring?

Deleted
    It's not the fact that very few people actually read it.

It's that they are giving us LESS CONTENT while still giving us a long wait time until we can play the content. They are half ass rushing things but at the same time giving it a long wait time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why so many randoms are defending this. I've loved witty side-quest text since the inception of WoW - I think it's a shamelessly lazy change. /spit

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GenaiTN View Post
    Would you want to read why Fizzle McWizzle wants some pebbles or would you rather read an in depth quest text about the clans warring?
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    edit: To those of you saying it isn't relevant to the main story so fuck it, these are opportunity to fill out your "world", to add detail and improve immersion - yes, I used the "i" word. You tell parts of the story subtly "through" the environment, i.e. indirect story telling.

But whatever man, if you want it "barebones" and Blizzard wants to utterly fail at engaging new players ... OK, no skin off my back - it's not like the market isn't flooded with alternatives.
    10 characters.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-04-15 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Do you really sit and read all the quest info they give you? I know I sure don't.
    first time I do a quest, always. and I very rarely regret it
    Blizzard have some very talented writers and the stories for the little quests can help to prevent them feeling tedious and repetitive, to differentiate one quest to go and kill 15 boars from another quest to go and kill 15 wolves

removing something that adds immersion to the game is an awful idea. some people don't like it, they can skip it or maybe even give them a toggle option but removing it for everyone is simply an awful idea that only serves to take some of the fun and the heart out of the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Not sure why so many randoms are defending this. I've loved witty side-quest text since the inception of WoW - I think it's a shamelessly lazy change. /spit
    Not sure why so many randoms are against this. *I can play that this game too*

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Kind of sad.

They are put together a half job expansion that you have to wait 8 more months for.
    My thoughts exactly tbh. My favorite part of leveling was all those little quests that weren't really connected to the main story but still offered some lore on minor characters (eg. Magistrix Carinda's story in Hellfire). If nothing else they add realism to the game - I feel like it'll all be "Hurrdurr Gul'dan attack us go kill 10 his grunts [sic]" at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s