Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Less RNG = Boring and linear. How will this style keep me from falling asleep after a few goes? Seems less challenging.

Don't got me wrong, RNG is a pain, but at the same time it keeps you on your toes and forces you to be more proactive. Personally i don't want to manage a resource, I've had plenty of that with mana management with Arcane and there are many more classes with this style.

Also we would suck in AoE. I want fire to be an on demand style. Maybe this heat idea could be a CD of some sort. Bring back CD management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/157642-enhanced-fireball

This will somewhat mitigate the issue of bad luck streaks, and because of that will fix the scaling of fire (for those who want to grow from UP to OP this sucks tho).

We also got the removal of bombs except the specific one for the mage spec which is a change I applaud.

Would like to see a 6.0 update on your post based on the current alpha notes, if you'd like to incorporate any of them or if you think its going in the right direction.
    I will post my updated thoughts and information on the main post, and drop all of my spec design down under it. Don't feel like creating a new post just for my own thoughts, as I am not much of an important player IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    I enjoy fire gameplay and don't think it needs changes at its core. Being slow is part of its identity of casting big, slow fireballs. Not every spec has to fast, our other specs are faster and this provides gameplay variety between specs.
    I do like the "slower but bigger numbers" type of casting. However it is rather sad when I can send out 1.45sec Arcane Blasts and Instant Barrages that both hit for over 1mil, while Fire can MAYBE sneeze at an 800k-900k pyroblast. Granted Fire does depend on DoT Damage via Ignite.

All pures can claim it? Developers don't assign abilities to classes based on claims by the community. If anything, saying "they have it so why shouldn't I have it?" will prove to the developers that they shouldn't give it to you since they aim to increase variety between classes and specs.
    There is now a precedent for overhauling an entire class with all three specs being significantly changed. This allows the community (and ideas such as mine) to put a foot in the door. Just because two classes both receive massive changes does not make them alike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vmp View Post
    Less RNG = Boring and linear. How will this style keep me from falling asleep after a few goes? Seems less challenging.

Don't got me wrong, RNG is a pain, but at the same time it keeps you on your toes and forces you to be more proactive. Personally i don't want to manage a resource, I've had plenty of that with mana management with Arcane and there are many more classes with this style.

Also we would suck in AoE. I want fire to be an on demand style. Maybe this heat idea could be a CD of some sort. Bring back CD management.
    There is no telling how good or bad we would be at AoE, and if the Alpha Notes are anything to tell by, we are going to be improved over this expansion, especially as Fire. And RNG is a two-sided coin. At the end of the expansion, such as now when we are running probably 60%-70% crit in heroics, yes RNG is fun. At the beginning of the expansion when we are maybe pushing 40%, RNG is an awful thing. The Enhanced Fireball perk will be a band-aid for this, however.

EDIT: Put my thoughts on Alpha Changes on the main page of this post if anybody does care, feel free to comment on that and add some discussion.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2014-04-15 at 11:04 PM.