Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

Increased prices on blizzard paid services

source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...-wow-services/

We will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling prices of some of the optional services we offer for World of Warcraft. We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

The new prices will take effect on April 30. You can see a breakdown of the changes below:

Name Change .................................................... Current Price: £6 | New Price: £7
    Pets ....................................................... Current Price: £9 | New Price: No change
    Helms ................................................... Current Price: £10 | New Price: No change
    Appearance Change ...................................... Current Price: £12 | New Price: £13
    Guild Name Change ....................................... Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
    Character Transfer ........................................ Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
    Race Change ................................................. Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
    Mounts ................................................ Current Price: £17 | New Price: No change
    Faction Change ............................................. Current Price: £20 | New Price: £22
    Guild Transfer ..................................... Current Price: £25 | New Price: No change
    Guild Faction Change ......................... Current Price: £30 | New Price: No change
    Level 90 Character Boost .................... Current Price: £40 | New Price: No change
    Guild Transfer and Faction Change .... Current Price: £50 | New Price: No change

after this weeks maintainence fiasco they decided to post this shit seriously blizz yo ucould have waited a few days

No affect on me, sucks for Europeans, or more specifically Brits, because everyone gotta remind me I know shit of currencies.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2014-04-24 at 06:44 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Something something lost sub money something something

No point in this - the price increases, I mean. I really can't see a point to this, and I try hard not to complain for no reason. I can't imagine Blizzard honestly needs the money all that much.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Getting it in early, but people should realise that the price has stayed the same for most things for years, whilst we've all received an inflation of income and spending elsewhere. e.g. £8.99 then is about £12 now. But we still pay £8.99. They are losing out as it stands for that.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-04-23 at 06:39 PM.

Well, might not be from Blizzards side. Aint sure about the British taxes and such, but that could be a reason? Aint sure. But anyways, you can always pay in another region and gift the service /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No affect on me, sucks for Europeans.
    What is the current price on Pluto?

OT: The wording of the post annoys me. "Best entertainment value" is just a sucker punch. It's like saying their services are so valuable that we aren't paying enough for them

10+ Year Old Account
    It costs nothing to move your character to another faction or whatever on blizz's end and they have the balls to raise the price...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    No point in this - the price increases, I mean. I really can't see a point to this, and I try hard not to complain for no reason. I can't imagine Blizzard honestly needs the money all that much.
    I honestly don't think you need your money that much. Give it to me

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Getting it in early, but people should realise that the price has stayed the same for most things for years, whilst we've all received an inflation of income and spending elsewhere. e.g. £8.99 then is about £12 now. But we still pay £8.99. They are losing out as it stands for that.
    Yea but are they really losing out on a service that is 100% automated?

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    What is the current price on Pluto?
    About tree fiddy, on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Yea but are they really losing out on a service that is 100% automated?
    It's a business either way, you could always re-make characters for free but that costs time on your end, and we all know the Goblin saying. I'm sure it costed Blizz initially to set it up to be as smooth as it is now as well.

outrageous, yet optional. If I ever considered using one of those services they made me come to a fairly easy decision. It's not like there's any difference between faction change, name change or anything, it's automatically built into their system.

Milking the cows...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Milking the cows...
    Aren't you a cow....?

Absolutely moronic changes; but I have no doubt that people will defend them. Even taking into account current inflation;

Name Change Prices:
    £7
    E8
    $10

Lets do the math of GB exchange rates:
    £7
    E8.49
    $11.74

Let's compare subscription prices:

UK WoW - £8.99 E10.91 $15.08
    EU WoW - £10.70 E12.99 $17.95
    US WoW - £8.93 E10.85 $14.99

Now, unless they're going to hike the prices for EU players (in terms of paid services) and US players (in terms of subscription fees and/or paid services); perhaps they'll do us a favour and explain why WoW is currently more expensive to play in Britain than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Absolutely moronic changes; but I have no doubt that people will defend them. Even taking into account current inflation;

Name Change Prices:
    £7
    E8
    $10

Lets do the math of GB exchange rates:
    £7
    E8.49
    $11.74

Let's compare subscription prices:

UK WoW - £8.99 E10.91 $15.08
    EU WoW - £10.70 E12.99 $17.95
    US WoW - £8.93 E10.85 $14.99

Now, unless they're going to hike the prices for EU/US players too; perhaps they'll do us a favour and explain why WoW is currently more expensive to play in Britain than anywhere else.
    More expensive to play? Those are name changes man.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prices were high enough anyway for something that's automated electronically. How much does it actually cost for one of these changes.

The they say about entertainment good value etc, increasing prices should never be preceded by such a statement.

I don't use them any more (i did use services years ago occasionally), and definitely wouldn't now.

Well its generally known that F2P's Cash Shop makes more dough than a sub, this day in age WoW can't survive alone off of just a Sub. So adjustments being made, or additional stuff being added on the paid services.. is kinda un-avoidable, unless of course WoW jumps back to 11 million+ Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    More expensive to play? Those are name changes man.
    I used Name Changes as an example to point out the disparity between inflation/exchange rates, and Blizzard's pricing policies. The subscription fees are at the bottom; which make it clear that both the EU and UK are more expensive places to play WoW than the US. Now we see that in terms of UK Paid Services (as opposed to subscription fees), they are more expensive than the EU/US.