Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

5.4.8 Nerfs Feedback

I just read that in 5.4.8 there's going to be an increase in ilevel boosting with valor, so that we can upgrade our gear 4 times now instead of 2. Now before you comment on this post i'd like you to read the entirety of it so you understand what I am trying to say.

First of all, why do we have 4 difficulties so that everyone see can see the content, and yet you add nerfs? It makes no sense what so ever, if there was only one difficulty then it would be understandable. If people are having trouble with a heroic encounter then they should do the normal encounter instead, as the mechanics are basicly the same, and you still get to see the boss fights. There's absolutely no reason to make the content easier for people to see. A few things people argue are:

A) They want to acquire heroic gear and the mount. When has Blizzard through-out MoP nerfed content so people could acquire the things that make heroic different from other difficulties? It's an absurd concept, if they want heroic gear and the heroic mount then they have to do what is required of them.

B) They want the FoS, which is also something that should be unique to the people who achieved it at it's intended difficulty.

C) They've hit a road block, or can't progress further. Well you have another good few months to clear the content. I don't know about you, but i'd rather spend the next months progressing on a boss than sitting doing farm week after week. It just doesn't make sense.

Second of all, why do you have to RUIN the experience for guilds like mine? My guild consists of people that re-subbed because of WoD hype and decided to clear 14/14hc pre-wod to prepare. We've been at heroic progression for about 7/8 weeks and are 9/14hc, and are pretty certain that garrosh will go down pre-wod. I've spoken to 3 other GMs about this, one of which is 6/14hc, 10/14hc, and 13/14hc who all think that this is absolutely absurd. I'd rather not have the achievement of killing garrosh, than having the achievement that has "POST-NERF" written all over it. No one wants to be the guy who killed dumbed down content. Especially seeing as we could have cleared it before this nerf if we started at patch launch, however we didn't, and we re-subbed expecting it not to be nerfed until the FoS is gone, and WoD launches. This very thing can break apart guilds like mine, because we don't want to raid and kill bosses that we know are NOT at their intended difficulty.

TLDR; Why do you have 4 difficulties so everyone can see the content, and then you make all the content even easier than intended, and in turn screw over people that wanted to finish the raid at it's intended difficulty?

So please Blizzard for the love of all of us, and for the sake of my guild please revert this change, because this is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are having trouble with a heroic encounter then they should do the normal encounter instead, as the mechanics are basicly the same, and you still get to see the boss fights.
    They already did.

I've spoken to 3 other GMs about this, one of which is 6/14hc, 10/14hc, and 13/14hc who all think that this is absolutely absurd. I'd rather not have the achievement of killing garrosh, than having the achievement that has "POST-NERF" written all over it. No one wants to be the guy who killed dumbed down content.
    That's your choice. You can stop raiding here and be happy with your accomplishments. Meanwhile, guilds like mine, lesser guilds that are only 4/14 heroic or so will enjoy that we're going to be able to get over the wall we're stuck at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    then you make all the content even easier than intended
    What makes you think that Blizzard is making the content easier than intended?

Do you happen to know what Blizzard's "intended" difficulty for the raid tier is, and how players are performing relative to that?

Didn't think so.

Deleted
    Well then that is the content that is intended for them. If they can manage normal and not heroic, then they should be happy with heroic. All of MoP it's been this way, why change that now?

That's absurd, our goal is to kill garrosh and get the FoS at it's intended difficulty. And I can assure you, you are in the minority, as I know no raider apart from you that would like to defeat a nerfed encounter rather than progressing something at it's intended difficulty, ESPECIALLY when there is a lot of time left.

Deleted
    Dude you're already progressing on nerfed content.

Deleted
    Well it's obvious that the intended difficulty is the difficulty they chose tune the raid around for last months? ^^

Well it's obvious that the intended difficulty is the difficulty they chose tune the raid around for last months? ^^
    It is always intended that the difficulty of the tier should decrease over time, allowing groups of different/lower ability to complete it eventually.

If anything Blizzard has probably nerfed SoO much less than intended, because players are going to be stuck with it for 15+ months.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've always nerfed raids (30% ICC buff?). The truly hardcore and top guilds have long since cleared it. You're not special and you're not one of those guilds (neither am I). Over time, the raids are slowly nerfed so that people stuck at a wall don't say "fuck it" and quit - they keep going.

If it really bothers you that much, you can either do as Darsithis said and stop playing now. Alternatively you can convince all your raid members to not upgrade anything beyond 2/4. Also, unless you have polled a true majority of raiders from the entire WoW community, you in fact cannot assure someone they are in the minority.

Blizzard has implemented some sort of "nerf" like this with every final raid tier since at least Wrath. If there were a true majority of raiders who were opposed to this they wouldn't do it. Since they have done it for at least 3 expansions, I think it's probably safe to assume that you are the one in the minority, and you're also unlikely to change the minds of the people at Blizzard on this matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at the completion rates for Soo normal and heroic on the front page of mmo-champion. That's the reason the raid needs nerfing.

I just read that in 5.4.8 there's going to be an increase in ilevel boosting with valor, so that we can upgrade our gear 4 times now instead of 2. Now before you comment on this post i'd like you to read the entirety of it so you understand what I am trying to say.

First of all, why do we have 4 difficulties so that everyone see can see the content, and yet you add nerfs? It makes no sense what so ever, if there was only one difficulty then it would be understandable. If people are having trouble with a heroic encounter then they should do the normal encounter instead, as the mechanics are basicly the same, and you still get to see the boss fights. There's absolutely no reason to make the content easier for people to see. A few things people argue are:

A) They want to acquire heroic gear and the mount. When has Blizzard through-out MoP nerfed content so people could acquire the things that make heroic different from other difficulties? It's an absurd concept, if they want heroic gear and the heroic mount then they have to do what is required of them.

B) They want the FoS, which is also something that should be unique to the people who achieved it at it's intended difficulty.

C) They've hit a road block, or can't progress further. Well you have another good few months to clear the content. I don't know about you, but i'd rather spend the next months progressing on a boss than sitting doing farm week after week. It just doesn't make sense.

Second of all, why do you have to RUIN the experience for guilds like mine? My guild consists of people that re-subbed because of WoD hype and decided to clear 14/14hc pre-wod to prepare. We've been at heroic progression for about 7/8 weeks and are 9/14hc, and are pretty certain that garrosh will go down pre-wod. I've spoken to 3 other GMs about this, one of which is 6/14hc, 10/14hc, and 13/14hc who all think that this is absolutely absurd. I'd rather not have the achievement of killing garrosh, than having the achievement that has "POST-NERF" written all over it. No one wants to be the guy who killed dumbed down content. Especially seeing as we could have cleared it before this nerf if we started at patch launch, however we didn't, and we re-subbed expecting it not to be nerfed until the FoS is gone, and WoD launches. This very thing can break apart guilds like mine, because we don't want to raid and kill bosses that we know are NOT at their intended difficulty.

TLDR; Why do you have 4 difficulties so everyone can see the content, and then you make all the content even easier than intended, and in turn screw over people that wanted to finish the raid at it's intended difficulty?

So please Blizzard for the love of all of us, and for the sake of my guild please revert this change, because this is ridiculous.
    For the love of god, if it bothers all those guilds so much, then they can have their raid team... now stay with me here, this is where it gets complicated... IGNORE the extra item levels.

I know this sounds complex, but I've thankfully completed an undergrad degree in comp science, and have done all the calculations on this one. According to my results, choosing to ignore the newly added item levels will result in the game's difficulty remaining comparable to what it is today.

Upon further calculation, I've also determined that screenshots of your gear at the time of your Garrosh kill would be acceptable proof in disproving anyone accusing your team of taking advantage of the nerf. An additional conclusion reached indicates that no one outside of your group will care when you actually achieved your goals, as this content is well over 6 months old already. So ignoring the item levels will still provide you with the same amount of satisfaction.

My testing has reached one final conclusion. Should this be the issue that destroys your guild, as hyperbolically stated up above, it's stability was questionable to begin with, and most likely would not have survived the transition into Warlords to begin with.

No... no... no need to thank me. I do what I do for the good of the community, not for praise or accolades. In lieu of showering me with gold in game for solving your terrible crisis, I urge your raid team to send any and all donations to the Children's Week Scholastic Fund.

Good luck, and god speed.

Because there are people who for various reasons, get trapped between the content and for them, the game becomes no fun. I've not killed Garrosh yet due to real life circumstances (Studies and such), and because the guild I am in only reformed ~3 months ago, and has so far on a raiding schedule of just 2 days per week, managed to kill 13 out of the 14 bosses.

This nerf isn't intended really for my guild though, there are plenty who are just that ~5% too short to defeat the bosses, a negligible amount really, but to some it makes the world of difference.

How is this change ridiculous. I'm all for people being dramatic and using a variety of words, but ridiculous? Really?

This change is far better then the alternative, a increasing Buff / Debuff to the Instance, or otherwise leaving it totally alone causing all of those who are a good ~5% off of each boss, to just wallow in wipes and frustration.

This will have absolutely no psychological impact on you really, you're getting more powerful through your valiant efforts, the bosses are not getting weaker and you're not getting stronger by some magical presence that was not there last week.

They found a way to nerf the bosses (read: get people over speedbumps in their personal progressions) that puts a burden on the player to farm more stuff, and incidentally doesn't come with the stigma of "beating the boss in easy mode." It attacks the "people are stuck" and "people are running out of incentives" problems from both sides, and I think it was bloody clever of them.

It's going to take 7 and a half to 8 weeks to upgrade all of one toon's gear from 2 to 4 upgrades. I can't imagine being interested enough in doing this with any of my toons. Geesh. Just nerf SoO.

Deleted
    They have done it like this as people are still trying hard for Garrosh and a nerf kills the progress feeling while boosting ilvl helps those player get that little further.

Second of all, why do you have to RUIN the experience for guilds like mine?
    The experience is only ruined for guilds like yours if you tie your enjoyment of the game to the struggle of other guilds. The moment you start enjoying the game based on your own experience on how you and your guild experienced the content all doomsday predictions of the game being ruined for you evaporate. In other words stop worrying so much about what other guilds can/can't do or can/can't accomplish and your enjoyment of the game will go up immensely.
    Postmodernism has unpaid bills to Reason.

The kill rate of Siege is fucking abysmal. That's why they're nerfing it. And at this point in the expansion and with a possible 14-15 month raid tier, good luck finding recruits if your guild isn't 14/14H already and starts to shed people from burnout or frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then that is the content that is intended for them. If they can manage normal and not heroic, then they should be happy with heroic. All of MoP it's been this way, why change that now?

That's absurd, our goal is to kill garrosh and get the FoS at it's intended difficulty. And I can assure you, you are in the minority, as I know no raider apart from you that would like to defeat a nerfed encounter rather than progressing something at it's intended difficulty, ESPECIALLY when there is a lot of time left.
    I am in a heroic progression raid team 9/14H We are on spoils (/shakes fist and rabbles) and have been working on it for a month or so now. It is frustrating to say the least. We wiped AS WE CLICKED THE DAMN LEVERS on our last attempt this past Sunday. So close that logs counted it as a kill...it was not. Anyhoo - I digress. I posted the ilvl buffs link on our raider FB page. Thus far all responses have been positive, "Whooo - you mean our VP is USEFUL again" and "Welp - time to VP cap, thank god" so on and so forth.

Please do not assume to speak for all heroic raiding guilds - you do not. If you are so frustrated take the advice of previous posters and just insist no one in your raid upgrading.

8% is the amount it will be nerfed after fully upgrading all your current gear according to watcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your guild wasn't so lazy you'd be finished with the content by now. Should have been working on it harder.