Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    If i pre-order now will i get beta?
    You will get a 3 day headstart. If they have some more surprise beta weekend it is possible if they allow pre-orders access to that, they have been pretty surprising with all the beta opportunities but don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    If he can play to level 8 and form an opinion on the game, then others can watch 15 seconds of his video and form an opinion of what he has to say
    I think you win the internetz for today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    If i pre-order now will i get beta?
    Beta is over (ended last Sunday). They say they will possibly have a sort of pre-launch test or series of tests that will be open to everyone, you can read about that here:
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...-ops-week-faq/
    As you can read in the link this tests will probably offer pretty shitty server stability compared to the open beta or release, so if you decide to participate you should take them with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Thank you.

I don't agree with 'close enough to right, becomes right'. In my field of work that's an unacceptable approach to a scientific problem. But I do understand what you mean in this particular situation.

You referred to the point I made as extremely stupid. Yet, you agreed.

I now understand why. It's common sense for you and stating the obvious (by me) seemed like an asinine thing to do.

Common sense is only common to those who share your views and opinions.

edit: Deadmanwalking is right. Albeit it's not a contenst but a civil conversation, this is not the right place for it.

Apologies.
    In hind-sight it was a bad choice. I really didn't mean it in the sense that it was stupid as much as it was kind of a position I already took for granted. I didn't actually intend to insult your intellect at any point. I didn't articulate myself properly, compounded by a loaded term (terms I would purge from my vocabulary if I could as they impede discussion). My apologies if anything was misconstrued as personal.

I suppose via the abrupt self-appointed adjudicator the fun comes to a halt. Oh well, for what it's worth, breviloquent is pretty awesome. Have a nice night/day dude.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2014-05-20 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    At the same time i laugh at people that quit because they changed something in the raids. Different people have different priorities.
    If someone wants more out of a game then raids then it is his good right to decide that way.
    And i don't get all this Kripp hate, i actually watched the video and he just says that he personally doesn't like the game. He doesn't say that it's a bad game, he doesn't say that people shouldn't play it, none of that. I don't see why so many people are up in arms that this one guy doesn't like Wildstar.
    I guess you didn't see the title.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Have a nice night/day dude.
    /shakes hand.

Same to you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    In hind-sight it was a bad choice. I really didn't mean it in the sense that it was stupid as much as it was kind of a position I already took for granted. I didn't actually intend to insult your intellect at any point. I didn't articulate myself properly, compounded by a loaded term (terms I would purge from my vocabulary if I could as they impede discussion). My apologies if anything was misconstrued as personal.

I suppose via the abrupt self-appointed adjudicator the fun comes to a halt. Oh well, for what it's worth, breviloquent is pretty awesome. Have a nice night/day dude.
    If I, of all people here, am the one saying the argument has gone off the rails then something has gone very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    According to Blizzard this happens a lot.
    Honestly I don't know how any of us even got to end game. When I first played it I hated it. I had just played mass effect and going from that beautiful game to collecting boar hearts was such a shock to me. I was thinking how the hell do so many people play this AND on top of that pay $15 a month for the honor. Only reason I kept going was promises made by friends that the game gets better when you get to max level. So I sucked it up.

Like the conversation a couple pages back, they really need to make a game with optional questing. I would love a game where you progress and build your character through group content only. Complete 5 dungeons gain a skill point, complete a raid get 2 skill points etc. I will dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    According to Blizzard this happens a lot.
    Yup, I feel like I remember reading about that. I know tons of folks who get a few hours into a MMO before quitting, too (though that's all anecdotal).

First impressions matter when you're going to potentially be making a longterm time and financial investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread seems a lot queiter since open beta finished, the calm before the storm? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup, I feel like I remember reading about that. I know tons of folks who get a few hours into a MMO before quitting, too (though that's all anecdotal).

First impressions matter when you're going to potentially be making a longterm time and financial investment.
    It indeed greatly depends on the approach. Treating a game like WoW or WS as a single-player adventure will inevitably result in disappointment, since the early stages are positively horrid.

I tried the WS beta with a group of friends, which greatly improved the experience. I know I wouldn't have managed to exit the initial zone had I played alone.

It is possible to create appealing entry-level game play (GW2) and appealing end-game game play (WoW). Yet, is hasn't been done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I tried the WS beta with a group of friends, which greatly improved the experience. I know I wouldn't have managed to exit the initial zone had I played alone.
    Agreed. Diablo with friends: fun. Diablo solo: Mega-Boring.

I'm still on the fence about WS and don't really know what to do, b/c in WoW there is nothing to do for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    If he can play to level 8 and form an opinion on the game, then others can watch 15 seconds of his video and form an opinion of what he has to say
    I'll have to give you that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weekly stream started, http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar , QA type of thing.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I like Diablo/Action RPGs solo...

I'm still on the fence about WS and don't really know what to do, b/c in WoW there is nothing to do for me right now.
    Is there anything to do for anyone right now? The xpac is taking too long - IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I like Diablo/Action RPGs solo...
    It's fun for a while, but ultimately the repetition of content kills it for me.
    Same with Raids in WoW. After 8 (32 runs) months I can't stand SoO anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus
    Is there anything to do for anyone right now? The xpac is taking too long - IMO.
    Besides gearing up the 73675718. alt? Naah. But haven't you heard? We all can grind valor to boost our gear another 8 Ilvl again!!111 #notentertained

Yeah I'm playing this because I refuse to pay Blizzard for 0 content. I figure this will keep me entertained till December, at that point I'll decide if I'm going to stick with Wildstar or go play WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Yeah I'm playing this because I refuse to pay Blizzard for 0 content. I figure this will keep me entertained till December, at that point I'll decide if I'm going to stick with Wildstar or go play WoD.
    Yep, same here.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fun for a while, but ultimately the repetition of content kills it for me.
    Same with Raids in WoW. After 8 (32 runs) months I can't stand SoO anymore.
    But you just said with people it isn't boring. Now you are saying it's boring because of how long you've done it over and over. I'm confused as to which issue is bothering you. I find solo, repetitive play in ARPGs to be immensely fun. I find solo play in MMOs better overall than group play as well.
    BAD WOLF