Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    90% of the time while i'm in the pug\, the lowest dps is the group leader.

there is your answer

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah hate the ilvl rules, people just want carried and don't want to actually play as a community/help others.

I saw 580+ for heroic scenarios, not surprising people want quick runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Currently watching a 570+ ilvl garrosh 25 man fail. I think they're going to up it up to 575 now.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

why 570 for Garrosh?

Because there is no way to measure skills so people try to use ilevel as a measurement, there is just way too many bad player now with high ilevel that they have to move the ilevel requirement up, you can't use achievement because bad players have it too. I have pug so much and even 570 is fail, because you still get people with 570+ ilevel and can barely get over 170k, and it gets worst the lower ilevel group your in, worst I saw was a 550 pulling 70k.

Also please to all the people who start groups, don't give everyone assist, it always turn out bad because people invite their 502-512 friend who barely pull 50k, it pisses people off.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Currently watching a 570+ ilvl garrosh 25 man fail. I think they're going to up it up to 575 now.
    the only failures i have seen so far on 25 garosh pug were when rl was taking 6 healers for 25 man when this fight is easily 3 healable - if u see a pug with 6 healers just leave it , if u see 10 man pug with 2 tank - just leave it - there are some iron rules for garosh pugs which cannot be broken - generally no matter what itlv 570+ atm are barely pulling numbers which 560 ones were doin half of year ago and this is the only reason people do those req cause anything beliow this is utterly fucking horrible atm filled with desperate people who play like shit but want to get aotc before 6.0 hits in 2 months.

the only complaining about this are shittygeared people doin nearly always shitty numbers - if they were doin it they would be raiding with guild not desperatly trying 10-15 pugs a week to get 1 lousy near to wipe kill.

And tbh the one and only to blame for this is blizzard - for artifiacially inflating itlvls with itlv upgrades instead do usual over time nerfs to last tier - all we have learned with last couple of years is that with time playerbase doin set content deterirrates and nerfs accomodate this deterioration - this time there were no nerfs so natural and healthy response from community who do no want or ever will carry scrubs is cut them out from content with artificially high itlvs - if blizzard wants us to carry scrubs bring back nerfs - else scrubs if they dont have gold to pay for boost can go away and rot in lfr which was designed for them - they have no interest being in unnerfed normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Yeah hate the ilvl rules, people just want carried and don't want to actually play as a community/help others.
    yup totaly this when i organize my 575 groups i totaly want to be carried on my 3, 580+, 11/14 hc alts can 100% confirm it
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-08-24 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycakes View Post
    90% of the time while i'm in the pug\, the lowest dps is the group leader.

there is your answer
    OGM SO TRUE! I guess when I do 750k dps vs the 600k dps of the other 7 dps on my garrosh pugs, I'm being carried. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    So, I need to vent, and well, I just want to hear other people's opinions too. Recently my friend and I have been trying to get a normal Garrosh kill, as we don't have the time to raid, but we do extremely good DPS for our iLvl (We have been told this by many people, and I have iLvl 541, him being 567), but when we go to Oqueue or /2 all we get are people saying "You need to be 570 iLvl", I've even seen the same thing for FLEX. Its disgusting.

So my question is, why are people slapping a 570 requirement for normal, when he only drops 553, and why are people rely on some stupid number for "Brains and competence".

(Apologies if the grammar is off or anything, I woke up about an hour ago and am still tired from a frustrating night.)
    Not sure why so many people get so angry at this, people do this because generally the higher your ilvl the more competent you are on your character because you have to play that character a fair amount and clear a fair amount of content to reach 570.

I understand this can be frustrating for you but you can easily make your own group and attempt to clear Garrosh with a group of only 540+ it is... horrifying I've done it and will never do it again. I agree you don't need 570 ilvl at all to kill Garrosh, many groups will make exceptions if you can provide reasonable proof that you don't have autism or experience.

Frankly it is a fairly old anger that people have for these groups that isn't going to do anything but make them raise it higher so that they don't get one in their group by accident.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    its not our job to help others, especially random ass people. People do it to have a fast and swell run as possible for them and the rest of the group. Don't see why that is a bad thing.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    its not our job to help others, especially random ass people. People do it to have a fast and swell run as possible for them and the rest of the group. Don't see why that is a bad thing.
    Agreed. We already did progression on Garrosh, we don't want to do it again. We literally have no reason to help a stranger in this game. Why should they have to skip learning a boss because some of us already did it?

This isn't SAO kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    I'd love to know why you are being so rude towards everyone? Also, I've said that I outdps the people in higher iLvl's and have proved this on many occasions.
    Then those players must be bad. the difference between 540 and 570 ilvl dps is huge. But tbh op I wouldnt take you at 541 you would barely pull the dps required for the fight and thats if you are a good player, you would be getting a boost. People ask for 570 for garrosh because they want a fast run and tbh 570 isnt even high anymore. Seems you just wanted to jump ahead.
    Last edited by mmoc93d65e5574; 2014-08-24 at 07:37 PM.

Meh, 99% of Garrosh FLEX runs on OpenRaid now are 575+ and achi. It sucks but it's not much different from before when people would ask insane gearscores for e.g. ICC 10 normal.

...ok fine not 99% but the majority. :P
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2014-08-24 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 11/14H (just came back to the game) on my druid currently, my ilvl is 562, and I was told I was not good enough for a flex 4 boa run. Eventually I got in and basically solo healed it. I got a whisper saying I was lucky they took me.

Long story short: You meet some real dumbasses playing this, and any online game :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I saw 580+ for heroic scenarios, not surprising people want quick runs.
    When I list on OQ I don't put an ilvl requirement for my scenario cap groups USUALLY, but if I have a raid in 10 minutes and I just got home from work and want it done asap so I can upgrade any gear I get..I'll put a requirement in that situation only. Usually 550 or sometimes even 560. /confessions.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading countless pages on this subject, I still don't see how players making their own specific groups affect you.

If I made a group where only Goblins were allowed, would there be a thread complaining about it?
    If I made a group and only wanted to invite 1 class, would there be a thread complaining about it?

Maybe the issue is that more than 1 person is doing it? Alright, lets make a better example that fits that to the letter.

If I made a group and only invited guildies/friends, would there be a thread complaining about it? How is this any different?

As said multiple times, it's their group. Not yours, not your friends, theirs. You are not entitled to get in, so stop taking it so personally.

And for the people who claim it's bad because "everyone is doing it!"... rather than expecting the community to change and cater to your specific needs, why don't you change to cater to the community? The only other option is to make your own group, which a lot of you are just too lazy to do. I love how all of these people just want to play the victim...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    If you haven't pugged much this expac, you don't know how bad groups can be. High ilvls aren't people "asking to be carried" or people being dbags. It's people who have limited time and don't want their time wasted.

Form your own group, and stop using hyperbole. People love using the word "Disgusting" to describe everything that isn't convenient for them. You're either too sensitive, or you're too drama. Nothing "Disgusting" about wanting a smooth run.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardly ever is this the case. It's convenient to think that ppl asking for high ilvl are badly geared. But it doesn't happen. It's people wanting to diminish their chances of having derp in the run. With stats being so out of control, ilvl can make up for some bad play.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Of course. This is bullshit. Post a ss of it.
    First of all: Don't say things you can't disprove. I've seen countless groups with a 520 or lower leader asking for 570 iLvl for Garrosh.

Second of all: Sure its convenient, but it's not more common that other people with bad gear asking for mega geared players.

Third of all: I've seen groups like it, and just because I saw it and said I saw it, does NOT mean I'm lying. Also, I don't have to take a screenshot to prove anything to you. I know I'm right and OTHERS have seen it as well. Quit jumping to conclusions like this is leap frog.

I've got into a few Garrosh Normal runs that were around 550 minimum. None of them have come close to a kill. I think it's because they run PUGs with 2 (10) or 4 (25) healers because they "do it with (2/4) healers all the time" on their normal 10/25 guild clears.

People want the easiest and most worry-free route to success.

Basically, expecting to get anything done that isn't in a queue if you didn't either A) Do it when it was first available or B) you were in a guild, it's next to impossible, and just really isn't going to happen. This is why things like LFR were made.

While you COULD make your own group, the likelihood it will succeed is minimal. So, people saying that are unrealistic. So, really, the only effective thing to do is to either A) get lucky, real lucky, B) Time travel back an entire year, or C) join a guild.

It's unfortunate, and it really, really shouldn't be this way (Especially considering the kind of people who typically do this/defend this are the same ones who whine about LFR existing, and the loss of community in game, typically, anyways!), but it is what it is, and it isn't ever going to change unless there's a fundamental shift in how raiding works.

The best thing to me....because its funny as hell to me....I'm standing there in sw on stormrage with my lowbie lock and I see non stop guilds selling garrosh kills even saying "just stand there and get your acheivement" then next few lines need 2 more for garry kill must have AHOTC and some ilvl. On stormrage they constantly sell all kinds of boss runs and even full carries thru whole raids.

Hell one guy even sells battle pet leveling service....

Doesn't all this undermine ilvl or even acheivement reqs?

Also why do people play games if they just get others to do everything for them?

Its always pretty much been like this, at least from what I've seen.

People want ppl that "won't screw up", and use ilvl/exp to gauge that, which obv. is unfair and isn't guaranteed anyways. Sucks b/c they might find a good player.

Deleted
    I isually ask ilv 580 for mine Garosh kills
    Sadly i move to HC now so no more hate.Make your own raid bro.And dont pick up ppl from OQ i get permanent mental damage by doing 2 (almost) full 25 runs in one day with ilv 565 min req with ppl from OQ in raid
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2014-08-25 at 02:50 AM.