Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunters and Finding Raid Spots

I'm heavily considering rolling a hunter for WoD because i'm looking to DPS after healing for the last 4/5 years
    My major concern right now before making the switch is about finding a raid spot as a hunter
    I was just wondering how difficult it is when it comes to actually finding core raiding spots, how's the supply and demand for hunter raid spots
    Some people have told me that i'll have a hard time finding a spot as a hunter because there are a large amount of hunters already
    I was just wondering if you all had some input on this topic and any personal experience you've had with this

Deleted
    Hunters don't have problems with raid spots, mostly because they're ranged and since Cata it seems Blizzard pisses on melee dps in raids.

If you're good on the hunter, you'll get raid spots guaranteed. Also the most sought after classes (mages and locks) are always in short supply and unlikely to steal YOUR spot.

And there are certainly not as many hunters as dks during wotlk.

Also hunter can bring every raid buff and most debuffs with pets. Even Hero/BL/TW

If you can't find a raid spot as DPS then it's a player issue, not a class issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If you can't find a raid spot as DPS then it's a player issue, not a class issue.
    To say that people shouldn't have trouble finding a raid spot because of their class is just ignorant. This has been the case forever. Under performing classes have always been blown off in favour of over performing ones regardless of the player. Especially in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boshtastic View Post
    To say that people shouldn't have trouble finding a raid spot because of their class is just ignorant. This has been the case forever. Under performing classes have always been blown off in favour of over performing ones regardless of the player. Especially in pugs.
    The only reason you'll get declined is if you are underperforming. If you play any class at the required level you will have no issues finding a raid spot.

15+ Year Old Account
    We currently have 6 hunters in our line up for 25m HC. I guess they will be brought back to around 3 for Mythic and the remaining ones can take it easy in Heroic Flex or find another guild I suppose. Sometimes they lack the power in early stages of some expansions, but I believe they were very good at the start of Cata for example. It really helped our progress at that point. And now they are pulling their weight in SoO. At least for us.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

The only reason you'll get declined is if you are underperforming. If you play any class at the required level you will have no issues finding a raid spot.
    I think you misunderstood. A good played warlock will still be taken over a Hunter in a raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I think you misunderstood. A good played warlock will still be taken over a Hunter in a raid spot.
    In a trashcan guild who stacks FOTM for one tier then sure. For a real guild, the better player will be chosen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I don't know what pugs you do, but a decent portion of the time, underperforming specs get laughed off before even being tried.

Please, try and get a spot in a pug as an Arms Warrior or MM hunt. See how quick they laugh you out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    ^are you just trying to be confrontational? no one is talking about pugs. Of Course Pugs only care about FOTM classes, because the live-span of a pug is only a few hours upto a whole ID.

This thread is talking about guild raids and securing core-raiding spots, in which every reasonable guild will more consider the player than the class that is being played, unless you have some extreme cases of already running with 10 druids or something.

Any trouble finding raid spots as a hunter comes from being the most played class in wow. Lots of shitters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I don't know what pugs you do, but a decent portion of the time, underperforming specs get laughed off before even being tried.

Please, try and get a spot in a pug as an Arms Warrior or MM hunt. See how quick they laugh you out the door.
    Specs=/=classes....
    Retired hunter

Welp, hunter is a niche class, but a guild in Mythic will still have 1-2 of em' in their raid setup, sometimes benching one of em'.

But as always, the better you are, the easier it will be for you to steal another hunters raid spot.

you have fox, you will be needed
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Normally I find Glurp to be occasionally elitist, but usually right. In this case he isn't even elitist: he is just right. Now if you have 5 hunters going into WoD, people will be sat. But if you have 2 good hunters and are good players, they should be brought to your raid.

Sure, some guilds stack. But unless you are going for a world first, that shouldn't matter to you.

Deleted
    Option 1: Be good at your class. Really good. Any class. Find a guild that requires and rewards player skill.

Option 2: Roll FOTM class. Pug.

One option gives you a raid spot for life. The other doesn't.

So basically what all of you are saying is that the hunter has to play better than everyone else to be worth a spot in raids over other classes. And that's the point people complain about, because that's how it has been for some time in many cases.

It was easier on my other chars to find guilds, than on my hunter, but on my hunter I had really high standards and there are alot of hunters and guilds don't really wna to stack them, more a where im apping issue for me

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I've never had a problem finding a guild. I compete for a raid spot. Earn it. And I keep it. All there is to it really.