10+ Year Old Account

Current tier Arcane gear discussion (breaking 4-set)

Hi, so I'm a heroic raider, 14/14HM and just wondering now if 4 piece is worth the mastery loss as opposed to having Fusespark Gloves and Shoulders of Dou Dou Chong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    Hi, so I'm a heroic raider, 14/14HM and just wondering now if 4 piece is worth the mastery loss as opposed to having Fusespark Gloves and Shoulders of Dou Dou Chong.
    Hi. You can find the answer in my guide in two different places. It's been something that we've talked about for nearly a year now since SoO came out and the answer is quite straightforward. I will do your a favor and copy it here:

Credit to Voltaa for composing this piece of text:

With your four set, the offpieces you should be looking to pick up in order of priority are Ebon Ritual Hood, Hood of Swirling Senses, Fusespark Gloves, Dou Dou Chong Shoulders, Leggings of Furious Flame, Akolik's Acid-Soaked Robes.

As a general rule just use the 4 set.

When to break your 4 set: If you have any three heroic pieces with 2 normal or 1 normal 1 heroic tier pieces, use the 2 set with the heroic pieces. If you have two heroic tier pieces and two normal tier pieces use the 4 set **unless one or more of your offpieces is heroic warforged** If you have three heroic tier pieces, use the 4 set.

When getting into full heroic gear setups do not break your 4 set until you have all three of the specific pieces needed for best in slot with at least 2/3 of them warforged. That means Ebon Ritual Hood, Fusespark Gloves and Dou Dou Chong shoulders.
    Though I am personally not at 14/14 Heroic, so I don't have access to the heroic Ebon Ritual Hood, I still broke my 4-set and use a different combination of off-set items that also give a lot of mastery.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Hi. You can find the answer in my guide in two different places. It's been something that we've talked about for nearly a year now since SoO came out and the answer is quite straightforward. I will do your a favor and copy it here:
    Thanks a lot. It's a damn good thing that I don't need to get the 4 piece cause that would be more effort on my part. Only need the Fusespark Gloves until full BiS now

Deleted
    Let me explain you the meaning of T16 Arcane BiS - it is 4p tier with head offpiece from Garrosh OR 2p+3wfhc - legs + chest AND shoulders from Fallen Protectors, hands from Siegecrafter and head from Garrosh,not the head from immersius, not the head from Galakras, the head from Garrosh! Also it was mentioned several times that atleast 2 out of the 3 mentioned gear pieces must be warforged in order for the setup to be competitive with the 4p.
    My personal opinion on the matter, after i tried those builds ofcourse, is that until you dont get 2 warforged peices out of the 3, wearing 4p will give you better performance even despite the fact you might lose a lot of mastery.