Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Interesting. It wouldn't alarm me. It's holstered... and I don't see a magazine... and it looks like the ejection port is open... I'm on a very small screen atm.
    It would not alarm me at all. Ohio is a open carry state and you do not even need a permit to do so. I have seen people open carrying a pistol in our local Walmart and no alarms went off. Everyone went about their shopping as they normally do. I saw this person doing it and thought " look, there is a citizen exercising his right to open carry." Then continued my shopping as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

I'd be careful about high-fiving someone that openly denies the science behind climate change, especially when he's commenting on scientific subjects. Just a caveat. Might make you look silly.
    Are you putting words in my mouth? What's the science behind climate change? That it has been happening since the Earth was formed and has caused several civilizations throughout time to disappear? Now your challenge is to prove that man has any effect on it which of course you can't because the (get ready for it) science isn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I don't have you on ignore....
    And here's what I've got to say to this..

In every single case of people challenging your English, it was the person being an asshole, and not your English.
    And if anyone has a point about the language, then it would be non-native English speakers that could mock it. Because there are heaps of natives that suck at their own language worse than most foreigners. There's not a day where I don't see it.

So forget the idiots.. fuck em..... aka report them..
    Challenging others on the grounds of language is against the forum rules.

Your English is perfectly fine.
    Hehe. I think you missed his point in that post. And I agree, his English is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The fact that you just blindly link studies and believe them as factual is alarming at best.
    Especially since scientists never "believe" their conclusions. It's just what the data happens to represent at the time. Believing shows some sort of pre determined "faith" which isn't scientific in the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You need to take a step back and see how ridiculous you sound.
    Are you implying here that there's no such thing as a scientific hypothesis?

Now your challenge is to prove that man has any effect on it which of course you can't because the (get ready for it) science isn't there.
    See. Science denial at its finest.
    Eat yo vegetables

I'd be careful about high-fiving someone that openly denies the science behind climate change, especially when he's commenting on scientific subjects. Just a caveat. Might make you look silly.
    He made an excellent point, I don't care whether or not you think he's a climate change denier.

Oh, it's a scientific hypothesis.

"Highly scientifically processed scientific hypothesis. Science."
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    He made an excellent point
    The point being, what? That his "common sense" carries greater weight than a scientific hypothesis?

I don't care whether or not you think he's a climate change denier.
    Think? He's a self admitted climate change denier.

Not really. I explained in detail why that term still isn't quite accurate.
    Eat yo vegetables

The point being, what? That his "common sense" carries greater weight than a scientific hypothesis?
    No, that you are basically agreeing with me, albeit with the pedant caveat. It's a guess, hypothesis, hypothetical, projection, etc.

I think you mean climate change influenced by humans.

Not really. I explained in detail why that term still isn't quite accurate.
    You can use all the illustrative language you want, everyone here knows what it is: a guess.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

No I'm not. I totally believe in climate change as I have stated MANY times. Even in the post you quoted. Why are you blatantly lying?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mean climate change influenced by humans.

Yeah you know the one science can't prove.

- - - Updated - - -

He made an excellent point, I don't care whether or not you think he's a climate change denier.

"Highly scientifically processed scientific hypothesis. Science."
    You didn't know when you add the word scientific it changes everything? Amazing he can't see how ridiculous he sounds.

Even in the post you quoted. Why are you blatantly lying?
    PRE911 seems to be having some difficulty lately in quoting posts. He quoted a post then claimed it was deleted, and now he's quoting posts and claiming it doesn't say what it clearly says.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm not. I totally believe in climate change as I have stated MANY times. Even in the post you quoted. Why are you blatantly lying?
    Right. My apologies. You believe climatologists when they tell us the climate is changing.

You just refuse to believe them when they tell us humans have an impact on said change.

Funny how that works.
    Eat yo vegetables

Right. My apologies. You believe climatologists when they tell us the climate is changing.

You just refuse to believe them when they tell us humans have an impact on said change.

Funny how that works.
    Well there is not enough evidence to prove humans have a major contributing factor if any at all. What are we arguing about here a fraction of one degree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is not enough evidence to prove humans have a major contributing factor if any at all.
    Yes there is.
    Eat yo vegetables

You quote someone but can't or don't bother to read the entire sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    You quote someone but can't or don't bother to read the entire sentence.
    Just so I don't misconstrue what you're saying, do you agree with this statement:

"Climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities."

*crickets*
    Last edited by TZucchini; 2015-02-06 at 03:44 PM.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so I don't misconstrue what you're saying, do you agree with this statement:

"Climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities."

*crickets*
    This reminds me of when the doctors told a family member " if you do not have open heart surgery, you are very likely going to die within 5 years. He refused, never changed anything in his life style and died 23 years later at the age of 83.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This reminds me of when the doctors told a family member " if you do not have open heart surgery, you are very likely going to die within 5 years. He refused, never changed anything in his life style and died 23 years later at the age of 83.
    It reminds you of a made-up scenario that has nothing to do with the science behind AGW?

OK....
    Eat yo vegetables

Probably because it's just a guess. Regardless of the amount of "highly scientific processes" you use, at the end of the day, it's a guess and could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it's just a guess. Regardless of the amount of "highly scientific processes" you use, at the end of the day, it's a guess and could be wrong.
    The scientific evidence behind AGW is a guess?
    Eat yo vegetables

The scientific evidence behind AGW is a guess?
    The projections about the future are a guess.