Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    Its almost like a group of people broke copywrite law and had there server shutdown...

Oh thats what did happen...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That's incredibly sad, and a sucky thing to do by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Yeah I played there too and I actually had a lot of fun. The last time I had fun on retail WoW was years ago, lol.

A far superior version of the game, sad to see it go. Multi billion dollar company: 1 Players: 0 :/.

Deleted
    Good riddance. But really blizzard, they should consider renting out their property for this purpose so they can have ppl do this legally and make money of it.

Notice how so many private servers that are older than Nostalrius, and make money off their server aren't receiving shutdown notices?

It's not because Blizzard gives a damn about breaking the rules. It's because Nostalrius threatened Blizzard despite not making any money. That's the sad and pathetic part right there. Blizzard basically just admitted that a vanilla community threatened its profits while turning around and saying that people don't actually want old servers.

Scum.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    *Hacks into your Blizzard account and gets your permanently banned*

Good? I don't see the issue (for me) here.
    Other than it wasn't their content to host? If this is a case of thieves getting caught, then all the better.

No need to be bitter about what's inevitable.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttonmasher View Post
    ...where did you get 14 years from? The Warcraft trilogy games?
    No Im tired and added WC3 lol (typo) sorry.
    Easiest way, sicne TBC.

With that I bid gnite =)
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Was funny reporting every Nos player on Twitch to Blizzard. Sending them Sodapoppin VODs with timestamps when he was talking about it.

Glad to see it was worthwhile.
    thats extremely pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Haha! Great, shut down more.
    Why? I don't get your reasoning.

Deleted
    It was objectively a far superior experience than the dogshit Blizzard trotted out with WoD.

And it was free.

When you play as garbage an expansion as WoD, you become so bitter you can't stand others having fun.
    10 charssssss

Blizzard closes Nostalrius and now the Live Realms are fuc*ed up I keep getting DCed before even login.

You guys feel that?

Retaliation...

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolute bastards. I was having a lot of fun on there with my gf, was like old times leveling and raiding with a good community spirit.

I'm embarrassed to read some of the comments on here from the bitter blizzard brown nosers.

Notice how so many private servers that are older than Nostalrius, and make money off their server aren't receiving shutdown notices?

It's not because Blizzard gives a damn about breaking the rules. It's because Nostalrius threatened Blizzard despite not making any money. That's the sad and pathetic part right there. Blizzard basically just admitted that a vanilla community threatened its profits while turning around and saying that people don't actually want old servers.

Scum.
    You nailed it.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    That's incredibly sad, and a sucky thing to do by Blizzard.
    Sucky thing to protect your IP as a company, which in most countries is obligated by law to keep their IP protection standing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Oh noes thousands of people will be without game. If only there was another way to get their WoW fix...
    Bet that is what blizzard is thinking looking at their massive subs loss now. They're getting desperate.

Usually these private servers run out of countries where Blizzard can't shut them down. I bet this is bullshit and Nostalrius just wanted to run away with all the donations they've received.

This was the biggest private server in existence w/ 10000 or so ppl on at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    14k isn't something to call impressive though.
    Before realm merging it was something rare to meet other Player in the wild. On Nostalrius players were everywhere.
    All hope left in Netherwing, TBC coming from Atlantiss staff that mastered Cataclysm expansion

Only reason I never bothered trying it was cause I figured this day would come. I had my classic time while it was current but I'm glad people who were not around at that time had a chance to experience it.

I'm sure another will take it's place.

Deleted
    Loving all these butthurt players thinking Blizzard are in the wrong here. It's hilarious really, go outside and get some fresh air.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Other than it wasn't their content to host? If this is a case of thieves getting caught, then all the better.

No need to be bitter about what's inevitable.
    If I host some ancient game that no longer exists on some server for friends and other people interested in playing it, does that make it stealing?

Especially when I provide everything strictly for free.

I'm not saying it's not technically a violation of a copyright law. I'm questioning the morality of the law itself. It serves only to protect the interests of corporations and screws over people.

Certainly interesting to see all the usual liberals here congratulating a big company for screwing over a bunch of people who only wanted to enjoy a (version of a) game that does not even exist anymore. Disgusting, self-absorbed hypocrits.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 10:27 PM.