Quote Originally Posted by garneroutlaw View Post
    Negative nancy. Its a different demographic. Those players would have never paid for retail. If you were around in real vanilla you would have witnessed the mass exodus of that playerbase. In my guild alone, over 50% departed the game between 1.12 and tbc launch. They have never been back since, nor will they return after nostalrius closing up. Nostalrius was composed primarily of a small percentage of those players.
    No kidding, people leave the game for many reasons. New people join the game and sometimes people come back. However it could be said that if those PS did not exist that some of those people would still be paying to play WoW and thus the numbers of people that left wouldn't be what they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Raids, dungeons, world bosses, free for all PvP events at places like Nagrand Arena, Darkmoon Faire, Help lowbies with questing... I could go on and on. I still do everything I did in Classic-MoP in WoD.

Just because you sit in your garrison with your thumb stuck up your arse, doesn't mean everyone else does.
    Hahaha so many bullshit here

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    So you must have some kind of spy software on my computer to see what I do?

Laughable. Reported and ignored.

Also, World of Warcraft still exists. It isn't gone.

And im still waiting to know how much content you do with your friends and guilds in wow queuecraft
    What does that have to do with the argument that WoW still exists. Or are you just trying to derail the argument of the basic WoW still exists?

I post replies in exactly the same way your side does. So, nobody in this debate (especially from the side of the Nosdrones) is reasonable.
    Out of 10k posts, I'd argue that about 46 have actually been constructive.

This thread is here just because at this point, no one is having a discussion, every point has been made on either side, no one changed their opinion, and now it's just a giant "who can scream at the other one loudest??" contest.

Ok so we see you cant debate/argue in any manner. This is content that exists on retail. Just because you choose to ignore it does not mean it is not there. HOWEVER, nobody should be forced into content that does not interest them. I hate PvP for example so I don't do it except with Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Someone stole from Blizzard, and they got punished. I'm pretty sure this is an open-and-shut case. Sorry you liked their service, but then, I like raw milk cheese, and the border guards disagree. Guess which one of us wins?
    not rly stole anything... those guys worked hard without any payment to revive a piece of the game that is depreciated. I think blizzard should have handled it better. Its another thing if those guys were making money out of it, but they weren't and on previous statements as in their latest one they said, if blizzard can build a Vanilla server that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by garneroutlaw View Post
    A lot considering none of those players would ever pay for retail?
    Oh so you are saying of those 150k people NONE of them would ever pay for retail? Yeah right. Some people from Nost in this very thread have said they played both. Come on now. You can keep denying it all you want but the fact is because PS exist that is taking money away from Blizzard and so they are protecting their IP by shutting that shit down.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yes, a direct comparison between Legion and Vanilla is a massive attack on the image, ego and monetary gains of the corporate blizzard crew. We don't want a 10 year old iteration of a game threaten that, they might actually have to move their lazy asses for once.
    Oh! So we're at that level.
    Well, crying like a baby usually won't get you very far in life but I do hope things work out for you.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I like that you can't refute it, so you insult the person posting it. Not surprising to see fallacies and dishonesty from people who steal... Just sad really.
    Dude. Let me help you understand some very basic facts:

I and hundreds of thousands of other people like vanilla wow. (Hope you're following me so far)
    Blizzard will not offer this service despite being demand for it. (Still here?)
    Blizzard will also take down any project offering what they do not want to offer, even for non-profit. (Hope you haven't drifted off)

How the fuck is this not similar to entrapment? I WANNA PLAY FUCKING VANILLA, I don't want your shitty lobby arcade! How hard is that to comprehend?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    You're throwing conspiracies around. The staff were very professional, both on their forums and in-game. Support was offered 24/7. Does that mean they didn't sell gold? No, but to me I find it highly unlikely. Over my time there, I've developed some genuine rapport for their staff members. Sure not all are peachy, but the ones who were responsible for keeping the community updated on news and events, and the ones who took the time to answer your questions and concerns are the ones who I feel aren't given the respect as a human being as they should be.
    Of course I'm throwing conspiracies around. We are talking about people that were running an ILLEGAL private server. They could be acting as professional as they want, the fact is they were running something that should not exist and had to get taken down by Blizzard. I won't look at these people in a positive manner just because of what they were doing. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes with a PS. They could be the nicest people ever with support and general interactions in the public eye but when no one is looking doing whatever they can to profit from it. Who knows. I don't trust them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And I'm supposed to believe people who participated in an illegal activity because of... why? Not saying it can't be true but the credibility isn't exactly high with these guys. So why should a multi-billion dollar company work with them?

Oh and let's not forget how they've boasted they're going to release their theft to others so the work can continue. This after receiving a legal warning.
    You're implying they are shouting to the forums they're releasing their information. I wouldn't use an improper word to bolster your argument. They will release it, but have not yet. They don't want potential groups getting a hold of personal information and account emails/passwords.

Yeah I don't get it Namalia, some of the arguments of these Pro-PS people really confuse me. They think because they stopped enjoying the game that everyone has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Out of 10k posts, I'd argue that about 46 have actually been constructive.

This thread is here just because at this point, no one is having a discussion, every point has been made on either side, no one changed their opinion, and now it's just a giant "who can scream at the other one loudest??" contest.
    I can tell you which side screams louder. The people that are on the side of the law. The people taking Blizzard's side for defending their IP. We are having quite the amount of fun drowning out people who are totally okay with breaking laws to get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

I and hundreds of thousands of other people like vanilla wow. (Hope you're following me so far)
    Blizzard will also take down any project offering what they do not want to offer, even for non-profit. (Hope you haven't drifted off)

How the fuck is this not similar to entrapment? I WANNA PLAY FUCKING VANILLA, I don't want your shitty lobby arcade! How hard is that to comprehend?
    Entrapment? Now I've seen it all. No one's holding you hostage. Go play other games, legal games. Or don't play anything at all and go outside to smell the flowers. Sounds like a very unhealthy addiction to me.

Deleted

I love this blizzard fanboys

You will like what they tell you to like. You may think you like something else but you don't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Of course I'm throwing conspiracies around. We are talking about people that were running an ILLEGAL private server. They could be acting as professional as they want, the fact is they were running something that should not exist and had to get taken down by Blizzard. I won't look at these people in a positive manner just because of what they were doing. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes with a PS. They could be the nicest people ever with support and general interactions in the public eye but when no one is looking doing whatever they can to profit from it. Who knows. I don't trust them.
    You have the right to feel that way. I can understand your thought process on why not to believe they are good people or not. It's the posts that claim they're some sort of evil-doing monsters that should only be poked at with a stick. They're still human. They did something illegal for a cause they supported and were passionate about, I don't find that wrong at all. (illegal, yes, not wrong).

I want to be a billionaire and live in the white house. Guess we'll have to grow the fuck up and realize that we can't have what we want. But, I think you'll still cry about this no matter what I say. After all, you're still a thief that will most likely move onto the next private server given the chance.

I don't care what you want, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Of course I'm throwing conspiracies around. I won't look at these people in a positive manner just because of what they were doing. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes with a company as big as Blizzard. They could be the nicest people ever with support and general interactions in the public eye but when no one is looking doing whatever they can to profit from it. Who knows. I don't trust them.
    I can replace that with Blizzard and make just as much sense as you did. If not more. Nost team did nothing to warrant this reaction, yet Blizzard did.

I love this blizzard fanboys
    It's not fanboyism though. It's correct the base game still exists in a way that it is developed for the modern day. If you can't actually debate something and are just resorting to insults why are you posting here?