10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It needs to draw in general audiences to be a hit. You're on shrooms if you think they made this big marketing campaign just for the fans.
    That's not really what I meant.

And I'm absolutely certain that it will draw in general audiences. Even if they're solely going on the arm of a fan or player (as my wife will be).

Deleted
    I went to see the movie yesterday annnddd yeah i'm troubled. I did not know that the script was not following the lore, it was the most dissapointing thing for me.
    And to put so much history in just 2 hours is blehhhh. First timers will have a great deal to grasp the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Why should he be trolling. It is indeed 9/10 on IMDB right now. It shows the movie will hit the haters right between the eyes where it matters (to them): the success. .

1200 voters gave an average of 9/10 and in France the opening night was a HUGE success.

I don't see this as trolling.
    Close to a thousand, if not more of those votes were in before the movie aired anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    I KNEW retards like you are going to post shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    Close to a thousand, if not more of those votes were in before the movie aired anywhere.
    Yeah and the fans who saw it yesterday in France gave a standing ovation.

Nothing to be surprised about really.

I am quite sure most hardened fans will see the picture multiple times before buying the CE of Warcraft DVD too.

400 million in China in pre release speaks volumes really.

Btw: it was a VERY smart move to launch in EU first too: you counter the usual negative comments of cinephiles by the fans' raves 20 days in advance !
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-25 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeBurns View Post
    What are you on about rotten tomatoes ain't a garbage site. In fact it's the only reputable site out there for film reviews.
    Only if you need other people to tell you how to think.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Again I'm amazed people still care about RT. Of all the movies I went to watch in the past 3 years, the score was never accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guy from TheWrap gave Jupiter Ascending 8.5/10, Interstellar 5/10 and gave rotten to Pacific Rim because, quote:
    What's the point, exactly, of cutting-edge CG monsters filmed in a way where we can barely see them?
    that is complete lie.

I dont care if he has badge "Top Critic" on some site if his arguments are clear bullshit. He is no better and credible than the OP.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-05-25 at 08:54 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People need to understand what the fuck a flop is. Before the movie has even been released to cinemas it's literally impossible to call it a flop. Even if it should get the worst reviews, if it sells well it's not a flop. You being a salty twat and wanting it to fail does not change the definition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yeah and the fans who saw it yesterday in France gave a standing ovation.

Nothing to be surprised about really.

I am quite sure most hardened fans will see the picture multiple times before buying the CE of Warcraft DVD too.

400 million in China in pre release speaks volumes really.

Btw: it was a VERY smart move to launch in EU first too: you counter the usual negative comments of cinephiles by the fans' raves 20 days in advance !
    Yeah, still, I'm just talking about the skewed IMDB ratings and the fact that no one should take them for any value as anyone can vote without any way to see if they actually watched the movie.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So critics are a bad thing now? I don't think so...
    There are more than enough critics who generally go into reviews with an agenda. But in general no, if you can find critics who represents your own way of looking at a product it can be the best help.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    People need to understand what the fuck a flop is. Before the movie has even been released to cinemas it's literally impossible to call it a flop. Even if it should get the worst reviews, if it sells well it's not a flop. You being a salty twat and wanting it to fail does not change the definition.
    The pre release numbers from China alone makes it already a profitable movie btw.

So I have seen countless shitty movies that got 8+ by reviewers and extreme well made pictures that got trash talked by these dudes.

It is all about trending and interest. But in the end ... Warcraft the movie will still be a Cult film.

Opinions differ. Mind blowing concept isn't it.
    Never encountered such difference in "opinions" on other sites, like imbd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

yeah im sorry but screw the critics this is our movie not theirs WARCRAFT belongs to the fans the one who know this game not some asshat who never played it and hates on it because its a video game movie so screw the critics this is our movie and ill judge it my self when it comes out

So critics are a bad thing now? I don't think so...
    Not if you know how to use them. Most people here obviously don't....
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-05-25 at 09:03 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    Yeah, still, I'm just talking about the skewed IMDB ratings and the fact that no one should take them for any value as anyone can vote without any way to see if they actually watched the movie.
    So around 20k people in France don't count but 3 professional prigs who hate a Warcraft movie (based on non knowledge about Lore) are trustworthy.

I read these pro reviews and ... frankly I could have written their comments without even watching the movie about "the MMORPG World of Warcraft".

Not even their research was correct. One of them said that Warcraft - the game - didn't even have a decent Lore or developped characters ... LOL. It has has MORE Lore than LotR btw on the spec. Wikipedia pages...

I mean how much fail can there be in a review when you have NO clue what you write about ???
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-25 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    yeah im sorry but screw the critics this is our movie not theirs WARCRAFT belongs to the fans the one who know this game not some asshat who never played it and hates on it because its a video game movie so screw the critics this is our movie and ill judge it my self when it comes out

Memes aside, isn't this marketed to everyone and not just the fans? Or did I miss something.

I knew this film would be dodgy, I called it in the other thread way back when the first trailers came out. I'll still see it to make my own mind up but some of the reviews aren't promising. That said, the guy who gave Interstellar a 5/10 should quit as he's clearly inept.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I knew this film would be dodgy, I called it in the other thread way back when the first trailers came out. I'll still see it to make my own mind up but some of the reviews aren't promising. That said, the guy who gave Interstellar a 5/10 should quit as he's clearly inept.
    A clear sign you have to be a prig to score this amazing movie that low.

Honestly? I was already excepting a bad movie.

Really...warcraft lore isn't something you can fit into a movie, specially the beginning of the story. 2 hours to introduce so many characters... the only way to do justice to this film would be to a Humans side story and a Orcs side story.

But we all know this wouldnt happen... Oh well, the only thing i am waiting for is the new weapon and shield for transmog, now THAT is worth it.

I will just watch the movie at home.