Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find that the punishment should have been a longer jail term, i do how ever agree with the majority that being a registered sex offender is a massive blow to ones life that will haunt him through eternity.

P.S Genn Pass the popcorn please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    They legally can't go digging through your social media either, but that doesn't stop them.
    That's not entirely true. It depends on what the information is, and whether or not it was public.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know anything of this case, anyone have a summary?
    Brock Turner raped a passed out drunk girl. Judge let him off with 6 months jail time, dad wrote a letter saying the boys life was ruined over such a "harsh" sentence over what he said was "only 20 minutes of actions".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Brock Turner raped a passed out drunk girl. Judge let him off with 6 months jail time, dad wrote a letter saying the boys life was ruined over such a "harsh" sentence over what he said was "only 20 minutes of actions".
    I think on the first page someone said he just fingered her? and then in her letter she had blood all over her? Did he assault her as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You should read the link. It breaks different positions down. You're not "easily making 6 figures" in construction.
    I don't think you quite understand the amount of cash payments that are made in construction.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think on the first page someone said he just fingered her? and then in her letter she had blood all over her? Did he assault her as well?
    Fingering is still rape if it's without consent. I don't know anything about blood.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How loaded is his family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    This Turner kid, his father, and the judge are all disgusting human beings.

And OP, you say you aren't implying the victim is responsible, but that is exactly what you are doing. No one should have to prepare for rape. Ever.
    I shouldn't have to be worried about being robbed when walking around NYC either, but that shit happens every day. So I prepare myself for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which, as a rapist, he should be. This is still way too lenient.

People are acting like this is just normal college shenanigans. The guy's a violent rapist. He should spend the rest of his life trying to atone for that crime.
    coming from a guy that believes universities should continue to be allowed to run kangaroo courts on accused sex offender and be allowed to operate on a burden of proof on the accused absurdly lower and woeful lacking in defendants rights then our constitution allows in our courts, and those universities be allowed to hand down a punishment that is almost equal as being forced to register as a sex offender

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I don't see why anyone with such a record would stay in USA.

Just move out and start fresh - it's better out there anyway.
    LOL! where is better? Some European country? Yea I agree, send this guy to Europe That place full of these kinds of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so a White Judge can be bias and use his bias to influence a court decision but a Hispanic Judge cant and wont use that clear bias demonstrated by the organization he belongs to too influence his court decision?
    do I have that right?
    Strawman. I never said that. Is there a specific question you would like my opinion on?

I'm not defending him or his father, but the whole "20 minutes of action" thing is really taken the wrong way. A poor choice of words, yes, but it's pretty obvious that he didn't mean "Hey my son only got to bone this chick for 20 minutes".

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Asylum process would last for 1 year at best and then you are expected to leave the country and because he has no reason not to get deported he is easy to deport. He could go in the underground and live as a illegal (no welfare though) at most.

Not worth it imho, maybe as a adventure holiday live action refugee roleplay.
    Depends on where he claims he's from. Here we're not allowed to send people back if they might be in any "danger". Of course there is welfare, even illegal immigrants receive free healthcare and schooling here.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    I'm not defending him or his father, but the whole "20 minutes of action" thing is really taken the wrong way. A poor choice of words, yes, but it's pretty obvious that he didn't mean "Hey my son only got to bone this chick for 20 minutes".
    That's exactly what he said. Whether that's what he meant or not is besides the point. You're assuming that's not what he mean, but based off of what? Do you know the guy personally? If he didn't mean it then he should've put a bit more thought into the letter because as of right now that's exactly what he said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    A 1-2 year sentence would seem to be more than enough in this case, we happened upon the one that tests the limit of how short it should be.
    Lawl, no. Minimum should be 10 years for it and then death penalty as the maximum.

Brock Turner's sentence and the letter from his father is disgusting. Not surprised though. I mean, I live in a country where 31 out of 50 states actually allow rapists parental rights if their victim gets pregnant and decides to keep the child. The world is a place where the majority of the wicked run rampant and the good get trampled over. Pessimistic view, I know.

When justice isn't served, it's dangerous cause someone might decide to extract justice the father or some random citizen. Now we have more damaged people.

To have justice the court's decision has to seem correct or at least close to it. 5 years seems about right, 6 months isn't enough.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    coming from a guy that believes universities should continue to be allowed to run kangaroo courts on accused sex offender and be allowed to operate on a burden of proof on the accused absurdly lower and woeful lacking in defendants rights then our constitution allows in our courts, and those universities be allowed to hand down a punishment that is almost equal as being forced to register as a sex offender
    Universities making administrative decisions is not in any way a "kangaroo court", nor is that punishment "almost equal to being forced to register as a sex offender".

And all of that's just an attempt to derail from the actual point, here, which is that a rapist got off way too lightly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Race has nothing to do with this :/
    How would you know that?

That's exactly what he said. Whether that's what he meant or not is besides the point. You're assuming that's not what he mean, but based off of what? Do you know the guy personally? If he didn't mean it then he should've put a bit more thought into the letter because as of right now that's exactly what he said.
    ac·tion
    ˈakSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim.
    "he vowed to take tougher action against persistent offenders"
    synonyms: measures, steps, activity, movement, work, operation
    "the need for local community action"
    a thing done; an act.
    "she frequently questioned his actions"

synonyms: deed, act, move, undertaking, exploit, maneuver, endeavor, effort, exertion;

You are assuming that action = sex, which as a slang term, it can be. I'm not on his side, both he and his son are scumbags which every other sentence in his letter confirms, but it's pretty obvious that is not the definition of the word he meant.