Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    lol stop with the wow 2, it will never happens, it will give nothing new beside better graphic and less people being able to play it ! i would prefer to see x 10000 % a mmorpg about diablo because diablo has the lore for it, the world, the class, the race etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    lol stop with the wow 2, it will never happens, it will give nothing new beside better graphic and less people being able to play it ! i would prefer to see x 10000 % a mmorpg about diablo because diablo has the lore for it, the world, the class, the race etc ..
    Nothing besides better graphics? Less people able to play? If they had a modern game engine then they could more easily optimise it for lower-end setups, high-end setups would just simply able to play on the highest settings while maintaining performance. Look at Overwatch, it's new but my shitty 7-year old PC runs it smoothly. It would also make it easier to implement new things to the game, right now we have a bunch of interns that have to work with super old tech and god knows what a pain that must be.

Anyways, if WoW 2 would ever be released, the thing I'd look forward to the most would be a new combat system. Getting a little bored of tab-target combat when so many new MMOs have action combat, unfortunately those MMOs are mostly Korean grindfests so I'll stick to WoW for now.

I can see WoW going for another 10 years before a new Blizz MMO comes out.

7+ Year Old Account
    There isn't going to be a WOW 2. Blizzard themselves said they aren't ever going to do another MMO on WOW's scale.

The HotS engine is the SC2 Engine and they mangled it to make it run like it does.

That's why, compared to every other Blizzard game out, HotS's optimization SUCKS.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I think he means the model style rather than the actual game engine.

To be honest, WoW's character models are shined-up versions of really dated designs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Is there some reason they wouldn't just use the Overwatch engine? I mean, wasn't it originally intended to be used for an MMO in the form of Titan anyway?
    I think they rebuilt or replaced the engine after they terminated Titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I mean, they are the only company with a rts that has any sort of popularity now, lol. And why would they cannibalize their own playerbase? WC4 died the second WoW became a thing; mmos are better for telling stories anyway
    Mmm, I disagree on the last part. The Warcraft universe has kind of been frozen in time since WoW launched.

What if they wanted to say, wipe out the Forsaken? Can't, because what about Forsaken players?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I mean, they are the only company with a rts that has any sort of popularity now, lol. And why would they cannibalize their own playerbase? WC4 died the second WoW became a thing; mmos are better for telling stories anyway
    Mmm, I disagree on the last part. The Warcraft universe has kind of been frozen in time since WoW launched.

What if they wanted to say, wipe out the Forsaken? Can't, because what about Forsaken players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think they rebuilt or replaced the engine after they terminated Titan.
    No reason it couldn't be re-purposed for an MMO. Seems like it would be better than using the outdated SC2 engine, or the HotS engine.

No reason not to but no reason to either since WoW 2 isn't gonna happen. No reason to split the user base, and graphical/engine updates are always met with resistance when so many people like 'classic WoW' the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

WoW engine's dreading age is not just about the graphics.

An engine is also how creative you can become with it : WoW's engine is what makes current quests limited on interaction types, current NPCs unable to do anything more social than a few narrative popups, current fight mechanics unable to properly use hit detection (or more exotic experiments), and current environment interactions limited to point and click. And basically why every interaction in this game is a glorified UI management.

You can add more bricks to a 13 years old engine, but you can't scrap its core foundations. The only way to refresh WoW to true new ideas would be to scrap the engine all over, therefore to market it as WoW 2. Right now they're stuck with adding bricks, which is why in 2016 the overall player routine was the same as in 2006.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2017-01-08 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO.

1. it doesn't have the wow colorful feel and soul
    2. there is literally no differences in terms of technical rendering, it's just a slightly different art style, less MMO-y, less colorful, more RTS-y that hots has.

also try caring for the current game... wanting a WoW 2 now is a still unseen level of disrespect toward what the wow team accomplished, a WoW 2 will not magically make the game better music wise and art wise, it will be the SAME with a different engine, what's the point ...

not only that but financially, no way

finally do you think people just don't care about their main character on wow at this point ? I bet some players would KILL to keep playing their main character in which they invested thousands of $$$.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-01-08 at 07:19 PM.

Why do people think Blizzard is ever going to make another mmo? Every single sign points to them abandoning the genre, other than continuing to milk WoW. WoW 2 will never happen; Blizzard will never make another mmo. Just accept it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the Storm shouldn't even use the Heroes of the Storm graphics.

"WoW 2" can be done as an expansion. They are not going to risk losing subs for a new MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    no thanks.

and i cant see them making a "wow 2".
    especially after they failed miserably on titan.

Formerly known as Arafal

While the graphics look good, has nice models and detail while still being, but, the game is verrrry badly optimised, like very, even for a RTS it can struggle fast. So unless they remake it, I dont want current hots engine in wow.

Think of an engine as a very hierarchic family : everybody only knows how to do a very limited set of specific things, they all get along well, but all the orders can only come from elders to youngsters. Elders were once very hip youngsters, but were never able to adapt to how time changes, which is why they ended relying on new generations to extend their life. Then... as soon as the youngsters try something new that the elders don't understand, the whole family goes into an argument, and nothing is done.

I'll let you imagine how old are these elders in this metaphore, when we speak about WoW, and the problems the whole family starts to face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    "WoW 2" can be done as an expansion. They are not going to risk losing subs for a new MMO
    Don't worry, it's quite safe to say that Blizzard knows how to measure how many subs they'll lose, versus how many they'll gain. They're probably watching that balance since half a decade now. (hence Titan)

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No reason it couldn't be re-purposed for an MMO. Seems like it would be better than using the outdated SC2 engine, or the HotS engine.
    Well I'm sure if they wanted to make a new MMO they'll make or buy a new engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You cannot be serious.

That's like saying, "I hope the next Call of Duty game uses Solitaire's engine."

please god no. I love hots and have thousands of games played in it, but jesus christ no. HoTS looks like trash. All Mobas do.

also there won't be a wow 2.

2nd generation MMOs are like a red giant sun. Its a brief death rattle before a final collapse.

The only way WoW 2 will be a success is if it eliminates all the elves and spikes in requirements to even perform functions outside of Cities, like staying alive in Everquest or Runescape.

It's women who ruined the game, not necessarily because they're instigators of disorder and destroyers of male cooperation, but because the manchilds who make up the majority of the gaming base can't cooperate while they are around.

The women need to be driven from WoW. But we don't have to be misogynistic about it, just make it extremely challenging to function and survive outside of cities to the point where players can't even carry each other (so women can't make manchildren carry them to success and such arrangements lead to hasty failures in less than 10 minutes) outside of the Cities, and eventually the promiscuous garbage will stop playing the game because they don't want to just sit in a city all day, and when they go back to their own real life ghetto ugly-bumping baby-making, the online realms will be free once more.