The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Have instanced islands.... go to dock... talk to NPC ship captain on your floating garrison err boat, and say where you wanna go. A short boat ride and an indiana jones red line on a map later and you are there.
    This sounds like exactly how it will work. Because it's Blizzard and they manage to suck the fun out of everything in favor of minigames.

Seriously the nirvana for me would be free-range boating a'la Archeage.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The Tirasian flag has a circle of stars surrounding the anchor.
    I feel like people who think that is a circle of stars probably didn't do very well in preschool when it came to shapes.

Here, this is what a circle of stars looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I feel like people who think that is a circle of stars probably didn't do very well in preschool when it came to shapes.

Here, this is what a circle of stars looks like.

Troll much... ? 'Tis fair play... I guess.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-12 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If playable Naga or Dragonkin aren't part of 8.0 I'll riot.
    Need reptilian races.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It seems that we had some hints about next expansions in every expansion?
    Added in patch 2.4.2.8278
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=37148/loose-singed-page

Are there any Pandaria related?

Well, this thread died down. Where's the hype train when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    With regard to subraces specifically, I've long been a proponent of this idea, so that's one positive, I suppose. I'm curious as to what we'll get, whether they'll be limited to reskins/minor model changes, if all races get them, etc.

I suppose I can see:

Orc:
    -Mag'har
    -Blackrock/Shattered Hand/Dragonmaw Skins
    -Mok'nathal (Possibly)

Troll:
    -Forest Troll (Revantusk)
    -Frost Troll (Possibly)
    -Zandalari (Assuming we get model changes)

Tauren:
    -Highmountain (It seems like Baine was planned to be there in some form or another)
    -Grimtotem (Thunderbluff has had a few defectors)
    -Taunka (Really have been hoping for this since WotLK)
    -Yaungol (Unlikely, but worth mentioning)

Forsaken:
    -Reskinned Human models (I might not have been a believer in this before, but the Nathanos short story does set a precedent)
    -Undead Elves
    -No Bones
    -Skeleton (Unlikely but worth mentioning)

Blood Elf:
    -High Elf (Unlikely. Would be wasted on the Horde)
    -Nightborne (A possibility, given that Quel'thalas seems to have better relations with Suramar than Darnassus, would also allow Alliance to have High Elves)
    -Wretched (Unlikely, but worth a mention)

Goblin:
    -Hobgoblin (Unlikely, but Goblins really don't have many other options)
    -Fat, Gallywix-esque model variation?

Human:
    -Vrykul (Much better as a standalone race)
    -Half Elf (Gotta have those elves)
    -High Elves (Given their proximity to Humans, they could be shoved in here)

Beyond that, there's little to give to humans that I can think of at the moment. There's no real need to differentiate between citizens of Stormwind and Lordaeron, Kul'tiras, Gilneas, Stromgarde, etc.

Dwarf:
    -Dark Iron
    -Wildhammer
    -Frostborn (Muradin was acting as their leader for a bit)

Gnome:
    -Leper Gnome (Perhaps they've found a partial cure. There's little else to give to Gnomes, and it would drive their story forward)
    -Mechagnome (Unlikely but worth mentioning)

Night Elf:
    -Nightborne (While Blood Elves have a story and culture advantage, Night Elves have the "racial" advantage, with Nightborne being closer to them)
    -High Elves (Could also be shoved here)
    -Highborne (Unlikely as the former Shen'dralar have no differentiation, but worth mentioning)

Draenei:
    -Broken
    -Army of Light Draenei (Have golden eyes, and tail jewelry it seems)

Worgen:
    -Moonfang (Night Elf, instead of human. More feral, etc.)

Is there anything I left out? Perhaps Worgen/Goblin won't get subraces, but new models?
    Great suggestions. I don't see a reason why they couldn't do this. More options and more variety are always welcome!

On a side note, what's "Team WoTLK II"? I love WoTLK so wandering what it's about.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Well, this thread died down. Where's the hype train when you need it?
    It'll probably be like this until we're closer to Gamescom, after which probably nothing happens and it'll be somewhat calm until BlizzCon until something leaks. At least we have an official thread to come back to now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Great suggestions. I don't see a reason why they couldn't do this. More options and more variety are always welcome!

On a side note, what's "Team WoTLK II"? I love WoTLK so wandering what it's about.
    When there is a new expansion coming up but we're still speculating about what it might be, people often choose their team and put it on their signature. I think last time I was #TeamAzshara. So here it means that Wildberry supports the idea of an expansion basically being WotLK II ! If I'm not mistaken, Marlamin and Paula's signature (respectively #TeamShaggyParrot and #TeamButter) are parodies of what was done during speculation time! No need to say that I'm a big fan, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It'll probably be like this until we're closer to Gamescom, after which probably nothing happens and it'll be somewhat calm until BlizzCon until something leaks. At least we have an official thread to come back to now!
    Such a shame the Gamescom is at the end of August this year though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

Yep, this is an idea that is already running through some discords

It is just a better way to give extra choice without actually make new zones or starting point or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShirtGuy View Post
    Yep, this is an idea that is already running through some discords

It is just a better way to give extra choice without actually make new zones or starting point or whatever.
    They would still have to twist the quests a bit, explaining for example why a Taunka would start in Mulgore!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    They would still have to twist the quests a bit, explaining for example why a Taunka would start in Mulgore!
    She got on a zeppelin in Borean Tundra to See The World. An extra cinematic showing a zeppelin leaving that spiky tower and shazam! Done.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    She got on a zeppelin in Borean Tundra to See The World. An extra cinematic showing a zeppelin leaving that spiky tower and shazam! Done.
    Fair enough, that's satisfying!

So if subraces were added in the next expansion, how do you think they would handle existing characters? Would we just stay the default version (e.g. green orc) or would we get a free customization to pick which subrace we wanted to be?

Maybe free customization the first month of xpac and then switch to paid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShirtGuy View Post
    Maybe free customization the first month of xpac and then switch to paid.
    Hmm, my (hopeful) guess would be one free customization per character past a certain level.

I'm quite sure we wouldn't get a free customization if it's for subraces. Remember WoD? We didn't get that, and some of the skin tones were similar but not exactly identical. I know everything else is changeable the same way you can modify your haircut, but still I don't think they'll allow us to go for a subrace switch for free, not even the first month. There is too much money for them to make.

To think they're adding subraces and we're not getting a free way to do so is pretty funny.

If they're really introducing this (I think they won't) I think we'll just have an NPC or questline that lets us choose which subrace we are (something like we're experiencing the origin of our character) and then we can customize our character. Anything else than a free customization and sub race choice for existing characters would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    To think they're adding subraces and we're not getting a free way to do so is pretty funny.

If they're really introducing this (I think they won't) I think we'll just have an NPC or questline that lets us choose which subrace we are (something like we're experiencing the origin of our character) and then we can customize our character. Anything else than a free customization and sub race choice for existing characters would be ridiculous.
    I was talking about already existing characters. Subraces would be available and free for all new characters, but not for former ones. I mean, when we do get a new race, we don't have a free race change for our characters "in case we like it better". I think they would do the same for subraces. But mainly, I don't even think we're having subraces next expansion, more like two new races (maybe one neutral but they didn't seem to enjoy the idea that much after MoP).

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm quite sure we wouldn't get a free customization if it's for subraces. Remember WoD? We didn't get that, and some of the skin tones were similar but not exactly identical. I know everything else is changeable the same way you can modify your haircut, but still I don't think they'll allow us to go for a subrace switch for free, not even the first month. There is too much money for them to make.
    I dunno, people would be pretty pissed off if they had to pay to experience one of the major selling points of an expansion. These would be major changes that would make characters look very different, not a minor difference in skin tone.