Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Price Fluctuation

Anybody know what Blizzard have done the last few days because for 2-3 days on the trot ive seen the token price go up and down 20k in the same 12h period but today its been 30k

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Anybody know what Blizzard have done the last few days because for 2-3 days on the trot ive seen the token price go up and down 20k in the same 12h period but today its been 30k
    New store pet and the Blizz Virtual Ticket. Any time they put in a new thing to spend Bnet on people will buy tokens to use on it.

Deleted
    Lol it's 250k in EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Lol it's 250k in EU
    So, doesnt mean it hasnt gone up by 20k and fallen by 20k and btw its 262k

Was 230k less than 24h ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    New store pet and the Blizz Virtual Ticket. Any time they put in a new thing to spend Bnet on people will buy tokens to use on it.
    Thanks for the info, was wondering what was going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Make that 40k its gone up now, jesus christ.

Do you come here to ask your question and completely ignore the front page? One glance would have answered that. (Wish I played on EU, more gold the better :P)

Deleted
    No I didn't completely ignore the front page. I saw about the virtual blizzcon ticket thing but I didn't read the whole thread as it didn't interest me to watch that but didn't see much else besides BC talk.

btw up 50k now from 230k to over 280k.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't completely ignore the front page. I saw about the virtual blizzcon ticket thing but I didn't read the whole thread as it didn't interest me to watch that but didn't see much else besides BC talk.

btw up 50k now from 230k to over 280k.
    That is what caused the price fluctuations, $40 for the virtual ticket which includes two mounts.

Recently we've seen the Twilight Starseeker mount & pet added to the store, then the Shadow pet, now the virtual tickets and soon the launch of Destiny 2. The token price will not be coming down anytime soon.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon tickets on the store
    New pet on the store
    people returning for the new raids

in that order

Deleted
    They seriously need to put a daily cap on how much it can go up by, around 100k in 24hrs is ridiculous.

I don't remember it being this bad.

They seriously need to put a daily cap on how much it can go up by, around 100k in 24hrs is ridiculous.
    They do have a cap on how much it can change ... 3%/hr - you can see it on some of the graphs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I envy you for so low a price. And it isn't what Blizzard has done but players. Only thing Blizzard did was release the Virtual Ticket pre-sales, which can be purchased by the token.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Recently we've seen the Twilight Starseeker mount & pet added to the store, then the Shadow pet, now the virtual tickets and soon the launch of Destiny 2. The token price will not be coming down anytime soon.
    Please stop, i'm going to throw up. Seriously, when will this end? (hint: The answer is never, unless you people wtfu)

Deleted
    Make that 40k its gone up now, jesus christ.
    Seriously, i do not want to be the one bringing bad news, but be ready for the upcoming rise of the price the moment people can actually buy destiny 2 instead of just pre-ordering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    and soon the launch of Destiny 2.
    I do estimate that will be a fluctuation in price close to 100k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Seriously, i do not want to be the one bringing bad news, but be ready for the upcoming rise of the price the moment people can actually buy destiny 2 instead of just pre-ordering.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooo heres hoping!

- - - Updated - - -

if you think this one will be mad just wait how crazy it will go up with 8.0 preorder which will on 99,9 % land during blizzcon

Supply & Demand at work
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

I don't remember it being this bad.
    There is a cap it can increase or decrease by. https://wowtoken.info/ 3% an hour. Since the token included more then game time the price spikes every time there is a new big thing added and often doesn't fully reset to where it was.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

In the EU on the 13th the price spiked 90k with the Blizzcon addition, it did also drop almost 90k the following day. At this point people should realize they just need to buy cheap and bank some wowshop currency if this is the way they want to get things. I know I bought up just under 200 dollars the last time it was around 100k, knowing the gold would only decrease in value.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I can only imagine how high the token price will skyrocket when the next expansion comes out and you'll be able to buy it with gold.

Since you can easily track the price with the website https://wowtoken.info/ you'd be smart to sell tokens when they were 326k in EU, but wait to buy until they dropped to 240k afterwards, if you are clueless or impatient, then you lost gold, sorry.

And yeah, I'm another of the owners of Blizzcon mounts for gold, camped the tokens until the price reached the lower bounce.

How do we always get this threads btw?

There is an anniversary event on Overwatch with special loot crates + Diablo3 Necro pack within few days. OMG why tokens skyrocket???
    There is Destiny2 pre-order. OMG why tokens skyrocket???
    There is new Blizzard pet + mount? OMG why tokens skyrocket???

People use brains please...

The volume of tokens moving is fairly limited (Blizzard admited themselves majority of wow players neither buy nor sell tokens) so every "new thing you can spend Bnet balance on" is gonna create a ripple. How is it so hard to imagine?

And yes, smart people will stockpile Balance ahead of time for new Blizzard expansion or any other predictable expenses (like live launch of Destiny 2 for those who didn't pre-order but plan to buy it at launch). I don't know the US cap, in EU it's 100eu for non-authenticator and 350 I reckon with authenticator. Well enough to prepare for a game purchase or two without rushing to the token buy tab at the last moment... You can also hold another 10 tokens in your invertory, that's another 130eu banked if you need. Game time can be stored up to 2 or 3 years ahead (can't remember because I don't wanna stockpile that much in case I would need a break from wow).

So I wonder, what's the reason everyone rushes to the store JUST as something is released creating bottleneck situation instead of being prepared? Illidan warned you.