Poll: Do you agree?

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thank god they are then. mmos change over time if they cant live with that no one bates an eye about them.
    I have been led to believe Blizzard bat an eye and almost went blind in WoD.
    That's why Legion is so different from any other expansion because the game was going downhill and Blizzard said "Ok, ok, we actually need to do some work now, no more playing around".

Don't you think Blizzard magically stepped up their game with Legion. It was because of something...

And as for the topic of hand while WoW most certainly has it's flaws I wouldn't say the game is ruined for me personally.

I still play it and I still enjoy it. Can't really say more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No it is not. It is completly diffrent game and if WoW was alredy casual right from beggining there was no point continue this trend and making game even more and mroe accessible each expansion.

Lets be honest only reason why current WoW is so super casual friendly is becouse Blizzard only wanted more money and stop caring about quality of the game. Too bad it backfired and players start quiting game. Look at Overwatch. It is casual FPS and opps 1y after release it is basicaly dead game while 17y old CS:GO is one of the biggest e-sport game in the world. Stop making games for casuals Blizzard they are not worth of this game.
    Vanilla wow was by far the most casual and accessible mmo on the market at the time it released. Blizzard has just kept it that way over the years. Theres a reason people that played mmo's before wow called it mmo lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Vanilla wow was by far the most casual and accessible mmo on the market at the time it released. Blizzard has just kept it that way over the years. Theres a reason people that played mmo's before wow called it mmo lite.
    Actually I remember EQ players calling it "World of Casualcraft". Or at least some.

Don't play WoW anymore, but nothing "ruined" WoW. Things grow and people's interests change. If WoW stayed as "hardcore" as TBC/Vanilla, the game would have died. People get old and can't dedicate 5 days a week to raid 4 hours a night, as well as farm potions/wizard oil/weaponstones/dailies/ect, And the new younger people who are the new MMO mainstream don't want that. WoW absolutely catered to it's mass audience, and that's why it's hugely successful.

Nostalgia nerds are the worst TBH. Don't get me wrong I loved TBC as a game, and my time spent in vanilla TBC and wotlk will always have a fond place in my memories and heart, but vanilla was not a very good game. If you think things were "harder" back then you clearly don't remember things correctly. DPS was spamming 1-2 buttons, healing was spamming 15 different ranks of the same 2 heals, and tanking was spamming 2 buttons while praying to god your warlock didn't get a shadow bolt crit. The bosses had barely any mechanics, the gear stat philosophy was trash and classes were boring. TBC and WOTLK were better in their design, and Cata raiding and class design was fantastic. MoP raiding was probably peak raiding IMO. throne of thunder was almost a perfect raid tier.

As expansions went on, and as I got older and my priorities changed, I grew less interested with putting in the amount of time necessary to raid. It doesn't mean the game got worse, in fact I think aspects like leveling, story, and endgame activities (mythic+) all improved drastically.

Perhaps if you miss the old hardcore aspect of MMOs, you should look into this game called wildstar. I heard it was gonna bring back hardcore MMOs and kill WoW

Deleted
    THe market changed. In order to even stand a chance at staying competitive so did WoW. If it stayed the same it would have been shut down ages ago. You can now play at a decent level ( and by decent I mean clearing mythic content before the next comes out by PVE terms or by PVP terms getting to gladiator stats) without having to play 8 hours a day. Blizzard’s audience are gamers with full time jobs that want to play a couple of hours every day and maybe on weekends. I can’t remember the source but they themselves said that the game is not meant to be played 24/7. The game isn’t ruined. The ability for people to accept change and move on if they dislike something is what the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Cross realm) Group finder in my opinion. It smashed the communities.

If the game hadn't evolved, Cata would have probably been my last expansion. Otherwise, it would have felt like just more of the same, and there are only so many years of that before people start moving on.

With that said, I do feel like the gear resets over the course of an expansion have gotten out of hand, IMO. Also, the power increase of characters over an expansion has gotten to the point where most world content feels like fighting grays.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    i remember why they did that. ofc its LOGICAL that if only 0.1% of raided that you would want your whole playerbase to play what theyre creating. It makes complete sense. but im telling you, that is exactly what ruined the game for many of us and changed it. Which is why i keep saying it was BOUND to happen eventually and that im glad i was apart of early wow.
    And how does that make the game any worse for you? It only made it better for me as someone that raided when there was only 1 difficulty and then when there were 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Actually I remember EQ players calling it "World of Casualcraft". Or at least some.
    Yes that was another term used quit a bit.

WoW isn't ruined. In fact, Legion = WoW at the best it's ever been in my time playing. That being said, every iteration has its flaws, and always had people going "IT'S RUINED!".

Them whiny bitches with a sincere lack of self-control and inability to move on from things they no longer enjoy even after several years tho...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-16 at 03:33 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    What i understand is the end game now is exactly the same as before, but for those (majority) who never participated it before it's an optional sight-seeing or drivethrough, a guided tour at best. And on top of that, the leveling has been modified to ensure you can get to this part as soon as possible.

As a casual gamer with lots of free time i have to ask where is the game? The game supposedly starts in end game (that's what they are saying), but everything it offers for me is a tourist mode. In pre-wotlk it took a long time to level up characters and there was tons of dungeons with loot i really wanted to have in order to level up more efficiently. Good times!

Regarding casual participation in raiding today i can only ask this: if you have a service nearly no one ever use, then you offer them a free drivethrough and serve soda, candies, and some pussy at the end of the ride, and people begin to participate it in droves. Has your service now improved remarkably, or could it be that you would maintain the popularity by offering the extras only and ditching your original service altogether?
    Because you're choosing not to run content that suits your needs. Prior it was "raid this way or FUCK OFF." - and raiding was a very niche activity. Now there are multiple difficulty levels and everyone can experience some version of the content. This means more resources spent on that content which makes the content better for everyone. If you're running tourist mode and that's not enough for you, raid something higher until it is enough for you. You not having an end-game is entirely your choice, four raid options are available.

Your example is flawed. In WoW they made the end game noticeably better by adding ways for other groups of players to participate thus justifying them in spending more resources on the end game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW is ruined?

ruined? why would anyone say that? legion is, imo, the best expax to date. there's so many things to do in game you just cant get bored, and even if you get bored with something there's always something else to do. from raids to pvp, quests, professions or simply gold farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Whiny players.
    Very much this.
    Too much complaining that the game was not catering to a small number of players.
    That something aimed at someone else was a waste of resources, which should have been aimed somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    "There was a time when loot was exciting instead of generic, dungeons were hard, leveling was part of the experience (and not a 3 day chore to endgame), community was king, and inconvenience just lead to good memories. Now it's just a lobby to pug raid in for ever increasing boring stat increases on forgettable items, with a Facebook game style treadmill on the side.

The sad state of MMORPGS really. I cross my fingers that we see what Dark Souls did to to the action adventure genre in MMO land. Bring back the difficulty, remove the hand holding, and let you experience the world again instead of chase after mindless quest markers doing piss easy content."

-Equestria

Do you agree?
    Do i agree? no
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    I actually agree but Blizzard has introduced some stuff to counter it like mythic+, but besides that they love hand holding.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was thas the removal of Talent Trees. Specs made leveling fun and it made classes a little more different than others.

The other thing is Blizzards approach to flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You had to be "that guy".
    If someone thinks something was better in the past, welp must be rose tinted glasses. Because math and science says the future is always better than the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    "There was a time when loot was exciting instead of generic, dungeons were hard, leveling was part of the experience (and not a 3 day chore to endgame), community was king, and inconvenience just lead to good memories. Now it's just a lobby to pug raid in for ever increasing boring stat increases on forgettable items, with a Facebook game style treadmill on the side.

The sad state of MMORPGS really. I cross my fingers that we see what Dark Souls did to to the action adventure genre in MMO land. Bring back the difficulty, remove the hand holding, and let you experience the world again instead of chase after mindless quest markers doing piss easy content."

-Equestria

Do you agree?
    Actually yeah, that's a pretty accurate summary of my feelings on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Raiding ruined WoW. Over time, the game has turned away from being a world to explore into being a means by which the entire playerbase can be funnelled into raiding. The gear treadmill only burns players out, and the resets that resulted from the need to get fresh meat in to replenish the ever-dwindling crop of raiders.
    Yeah, this is pretty much what ruined it. The game used to be about exploring, leveling, socializing and pvp-ing just as much as it was about pve-ing. But they removed exploring by making small, streamlined content, removed levelling by making it a 2 day chore to get to endgame, removed socializing with X-realms bullshit and removed pvp-ing by overbalancing it and taking away any kind of reward. Oh and they removed all crafting and customization and ton of things I can't name off the top of my head too.

But hey, if you particularly enjoyed that 20% of WoW, you're in luck because raids are still here, with four different difficulties just so you will feel like there's diversified content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You had to be "that guy".
    If someone thinks something was better in the past, welp must be rose tinted glasses. Because math and science says the future is always better than the past.
    But I mean, if you can't argue your point for sh*t and is only capable of using get out of jail freecards that doesn't make sense, what else are you supposed to do? :/