Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    Some of them don't care for sure, and are deliberately trying to make Little Arabia/Africa in parts of their respective host countries.

However, a significant number of them *do* care, especially once they realize that their 'peers' will often have withhold crucial information from them. I myself have met and known two couples, one pair from Iran and one from Somalia, where they at some point realized that living in the 'ghetto' did nothing for them, except isolated them from the rest of the population. In both cases they were surprisingly ignorant of even very basic things in relation to how we 'do' things in this country. It was quite interesting to see them break free of their former bonds and notice the illumination on their faces, when the proverbial light bulbs went off at regular intervals.

More details on request.
    Interesting, I'd like to hear more about it, if you are willing to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    To assume that they need to be taught how to behave properly around women is racist.
    So what do you suggest is the cause for their propensity to commit more sexual crimes than natives then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    So what do you suggest is the cause for their propensity to commit more sexual crimes than natives then?
    They don't.

They don't.
    Really? There's a problem with them doing so in South Korea. From what I have read, it seems to be the case in european countries too.

Deleted
    Really? There's a problem with them doing so in South Korea. From what I have read, it seems to be the case in european countries too.
    All men rape. Saying that one group of people does it more than others is racist. It's just right-wing anti-immigrant fear-mongering.

All men rape. Saying that one group of people does it more than others is racist. It's just right-wing anti-immigrant fear-mongering.
    Damned people noticing that one group does it more often than another, observing that is racist.

Now the real question is. Do they not know, or do they not care? Because to me, I have a tendency to think it is the latter. Which this does nothing to combat. Doubt this book is going to make much of a difference.
    Sounds like you imagine immigrants as some kind of borg collective. Most understand and care, some dont understand, but would care, some just disagree. The first dont need the book, the second has a chance to learn from this or other sources - the more there are the better - and the third will have to leave the country.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Damned people noticing that one group does it more often than another, observing that is racist.
    And how did you observe that? Did you go around town, looking at people getting raped, making notes, keeping track? No, you listen to the news. But the news always report about immigrants doing this, but there's no big news story when non-immigrants do this, leading to a skewed view of this.

Deleted
    They come from a culture where women are second class citizens and considered worthless or at least inferior to men. At the same time they don't share their host country's values, don't fit in and don't feel like they're a part of the society. Which in turn makes it easier to commit crimes, if you don't really like the people living there.

The barbarians at the gate, basically.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-10-20 at 09:54 AM.

They don't.
    https://www.bt.dk/danmark/hveranden-...-er-udlaending

They don't? Why is more than a half of them immigrants in Denmark? A country that has a like 8% foreign-born population and they're up there with more cases then Danish people.

In Sweden the africans are overrepresented by 2300% in rape, in Finland for somalis it's by 5000%.

And how did you observe that? Did you go around town, looking at people getting raped, making notes, keeping track? No, you listen to the news. But the news always report about immigrants doing this, but there's no big news story when non-immigrants do this, leading to a skewed view of this.
    News reports that brings up studies or reports, yes. I'm not talking about isolated cases. I'm talking about a trend that has been documented in studies/reports.

Deleted
    News reports that brings up studies or reports, yes. I'm not talking about isolated cases. I'm talking about a trend that has been documented in studies/reports.
    Link these studies and reports. Who made them? What are the results?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    https://www.bt.dk/danmark/hveranden-...-er-udlaending

They don't? Why is more than a half of them immigrants in Denmark? A country that has a like 8% foreign-born population and they're up there with more cases then Danish people.

In Sweden the africans are overrepresented by 2300% in rape, in Finland for somalis it's by 5000%.
    Because non-immigrants get away with it more often because the system is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Sounds like you imagine immigrants as some kind of borg collective. Most understand and care, some dont understand, but would care, some just disagree. The first dont need the book, the second has a chance to learn from this or other sources - the more there are the better - and the third will have to leave the country.
    I actually meant those who commit crimes like rape, not the immigrants as a whole.

Link these studies and reports. Who made them? What are the results?
    http://www.iom-mrtc.org/business/pop...cnt=1&b_no=295

Results? People from countries where islam is the majority religion has more people committing rape and violent crime than koreans. Well, immigrants in general even.

Deleted
    http://www.iom-mrtc.org/business/pop...cnt=1&b_no=295

Results? People from countries where islam is the majority religion has more people committing rape and violent crime than koreans.
    Did you just link a study in Korean? Well done.

Did you just link a study in Korean? Well done.
    Yes? Do you expect every country to bow down to english speakers so they can read everything produced, in english?

Deleted
    Yes? Do you expect every country to bow down to english speakers so they can read everything produced, in english?
    Link something people can actually read or be quiet.

Link something people can actually read or be quiet.
    You can't seriously expect me to pull out something in english from south korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    You guys really believe the immigrants, will give a shit about this?

It takes quite a while for a culture, like the one they are from, to change in such a way, that enables them to see women as something else, than an object of their sexual desires.

And its a very real posibility, that they have been taught at home or in their local mosque, that they shouldnt give 3 shits about the local culture.

We have had a lot of rapes here in Denmark, and when the police releases pictures of the perpetrator / perpetrators, they are 3/4 of middle eastern / african lineage...
    In the same way you've been taught to believe muslims as a group are dangerous and uneducated? I think it'll be a lot harder to ever change the view of a narrow minded xenophobe in general that it'll ever be to change how a young immigrant looks at women.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't it be like entrance exam rather than post-graduate studies?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side