Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Most changes are really good. I enjoy playing Fire Mage and Restoration Druid. Marksman is fun in PvP. Only spec that I don't like as much as in WoD is Protection Warrior.

Death Knight: I'd say all 3 specs improved. +
    Demon Hunter: new, nothing to say.
    Druid: Feral was and still is clunky AF, basically unchanged, the rest I'd say improved very slightly. +
    Hunter: I must way improved... I remember having 157 rotational skills each dealing tickle damage sucked in the past. +
    Mage: Stayed the same I guess.
    Monk: MW improved greatly, WW is shit, BrM the same-ish. +-
    Paladin: Is worse now (all 3). -
    Priest: Shadow utterly garbage now, Holy improved, Disc... can't make up my mind really. +-
    Rogue: The one I barely ever touch, no opinion.
    Shaman: Ele garbage now, Resto the same, Enh improved. +-
    Warlock: If not for Artifact weapon ability Affliction would have been an improvement, the rest improved somewhat. +-
    Warrior: Improved slightly. +

Deleted
    Wait, you think unholy is better? It was fun when you had 4 different runes. Good dk's were heavens above the bad ones. It was very rewarding. This simplified rune version is very boring (to me). I do however enjoy assa/sub rogue but my uh dk, surv hunter, boomkin, ww monk, enh shaman are all worse. But rogue is pretty damn well designed now, I guess except outlaw? xD

Prot warrior got screwed, MW Monk got completely butchered. Those were previous my favorite specs to play, played prot warrior since 2005 and Monk since they were released.

The classes I play:
    Paladin: only Prot feels fun now. WoD's Ret was better with more mid-range strikes and flashy things. Also miss speed of light. Holy is just boring now, with no absorb shield to build up.
    Druid: balance is much better, all 4 artifacts are good.
    Shaman: elemental is great, resto is about the same (bad looking artifact though) and enhancement has lost too much that I'm still bitter about it. Cool animations though.
    Warlock: destro and aff are good, demo is terrible after its core gameplay went to shadow priest (which ironically feels bad with no pets and bad buildup time).
    DK: unholy is amazing, Frost is bland and blood is awkward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demo Warlock is a cool idea but not very fun to play. Class overall has been all downward since it's peak in MoP. After being my main since late BC, I've finally shelved my Warlock in favor of Demon Hunter as of 7.2. I'd love to return to my Warlock but it just isn't very fun.

Stopped playing my paladin entirely. I like magical melee and that was one of the things I really liked about ret. You have multiple ranged spells and every single attack you did did magic damage(some in addition to physical). Then Blizzard decided to change it because some nonsense about melee being melee or some other bullshit. And I hate the new mastery/judgment. Doesn't help that they removed ranged DPS tools without really improving ret's mobility at all.

In short, "class fantasy" made ret more like every other melee DPS. They did similar things to enhancement by replacing shocks with weapon enhancements.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-10-21 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    DH - havoc over the expansion course was pushed into a passive playstyle with way too much cooldown stacking, which does make moments when out of cooldowns feel bad, hoping for a redesign. Vengeance is awesomesauce though.

DK feels pretty good, although I miss 2h frost.

I loved WoD fury and arms, arms is a bit better, fury a bit worse but no real complaints.

Hunter - BM is... Ok, I guess? I'm not a real fan.
    Mm is okay but I hate the fact lone wolf is still not baseline.
    Survival though... It's a blast, I love the spec and it's waaaaay better than it was when ranged, pushing more ranged survival-esque talents into mm as replacements for mm abilities should be the way to 'revive' ranged survival for those who want it. But melee survival is easily one of the funniest specs in legion, plenty of skill required too.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Wait, you think unholy is better? It was fun when you had 4 different runes. Good dk's were heavens above the bad ones. It was very rewarding. This simplified rune version is very boring (to me). I do however enjoy assa/sub rogue but my uh dk, surv hunter, boomkin, ww monk, enh shaman are all worse. But rogue is pretty damn well designed now, I guess except outlaw? xD
    Thank you!

I've been saying that since they announced it at Blizzcon. The one rune system fucking sucks. They have taken all the finesse out of the class to appease the people who alt DK and didn't like getting obliterated by people who could use the rune system properly.

I shouted when it was first annouced, people said I should at least try it.
    I ranted when I tested the crap out of it in beta, people said I wasn't giving it a 'fair chance'
    I'm complaining now that it's driven me out of my favorite class and now people say it's too late to change it.

Death knight is due a massive overhaul, including this stupid slow 'class fantasy' the devs seem to have in mind.

Warlock:
    Aff- not the biggest fan of it but its enjoyable to play artifact ability is boring as hell

Demo- enjoying it way too much, spec is super fun to play, only downside is that you got nothing to do while moving except life tap ( why the fuck is it still in the game) and refresh doom

destro - didnt play it that much, played it on a couple of cleave fight, like it

overall spec enjoyment: Demo>Destro>=Aff

Death Knight:

Unholy - probably the most fun/enjoyable spec i have touched this expac, they rly hit the class fantasy with this one, a perfect 10/10

Frost - havent touched it at all

Blood - only tanked m+ and lfr, seems decent for farming content and dungeon, aoe dmg looks strong, self heal is top of the list
    Last edited by valky94; 2017-10-21 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    With iconic spells locked in certain specs I think about every spec I have played in Legion feels incomplete. It's one of the things I hate most about Legion.

Deleted
    Main a Warlock, specifically Demonology. To remove metamorphosis (yet leave it active in Kanrethad Ebonlocke as a combat ally) and give it to DemonHunters was painful to play through. Only to be left with a spam Demonic Empowerment ability felt limp and weak. Our toolkit felt better equipped for most situations. Solo play was unmatched in my opinion. The spec doesn't seem to scale as well as the other specs unless you have certain legendaries. Thal'kiel's whispering throughout the expansion has been a lot of fun. I really hope we get an overhaul going into 8.0.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my new main is DH and that only arrived this expansion so... That said whilst I loooooove Vengeance, Havoc is a bit "meh".

My old main was DK, and I feel like Blood improved in playability, and pleasant-ness to play, and felt like it was generally more "together" in it's design than Cata-through-WoD. The trouble with the old rune design, where each pair was different, was that it worked well with the initial design of DKs, and then literally every expansion or major change after that, the separate pairs of runes started working less and less well.

Frost has some good concepts but doesn't feel great. Unholy I just do not enjoy playing in this expansion, but whilst I used to love Unholy, the continual push towards more and more focus on diseases/dots and proc'ing and managing them every expansion does not thrill me. For me Unholy was pets first, Shadowcoil second, DoTs etc. third, but Blizzard don't seem to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    They have taken all the finesse out of the class to appease the people who alt DK and didn't like getting obliterated by people who could use the rune system properly.
    I don't think that's the reasoning, I think the issue is more one of balance. As noted, the difference between a "good DK" and a "mediocre to bad DK" was pretty much 100% rune management, but the game was pretty terrible at communicating rune management, and it was not something a lot of people found easy to learn.

Well, not ever class/spec has to be for everyone, right?

Trouble is, I think it was giving them balancing issues. A mediocre DK (who wasn't a bad player overall, just bad at rune management) was SO MUCH less effective than a good one, that I think it was putting them in bind where, if they made abilities strong enough that a mediocre DK was on-par with say, a mediocre Mage or a mediocre Rogue or whatever, then a good DK was absolutely OP with those abilities. And vice-versa - if they tune for a good DK to be on-par with a good Mage or the like, a mediocre DK is just a terrible joke. You can see these situations in WoW's history too, it's not just theoretical.

And most DKs were mediocre, just like any other class/spec.

I know, I know, you're saying "BAD PLAYERS BURN IN HELL!" and so on, but this is an issue of being realistic about game design. Unless DK was advertised as some sort of finesse class for people who were above average at that kind of thing, they had to work out something to increase playability. Was "blank runes" the only possible design? No, but I can't imagine they didn't try other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Death knight is due a massive overhaul, including this stupid slow 'class fantasy' the devs seem to have in mind.
    I do think are, yeah. Blood isn't in a particularly bad place, but the DPS specs both could do with an overhaul and yeah the class fantasy for DKs has never been "slow" (whether in terms of actions or mobility), so the lack of mobility and so on really needs to go. It's a big problem for both tanks and DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    With iconic spells locked in certain specs I think about every spec I have played in Legion feels incomplete. It's one of the things I hate most about Legion.
    This is the biggest problem with Legion class design generally - all too often, especially (but not only) in the more hybrid-y classes, you think "Oh I'll cast X in this slightly unusual situation!" and... you no longer have X. I mean, by all means make it not part of the rotation, maybe even re-design the spellbook to have "Spells you need to use" and "Other spells" or something if it's confusing people (which let's be real, too many abilities did), but gief back spelz blizz.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-21 at 10:45 AM.

Warlock - nope.
    Yeah, Fel all around, Daemons, class-fantasy wise this should boost Warlocks out of proportions, suck it balance.
    But meh, no, we are forced to play nice along and not burn down the house every now and then.

Blizzard can take their class fantasy crap that is put out as the new excuse for everything and stick it.

Sure, I am still having fun but as a Warlock I feel extremely crippled class fantasy wise by Blizzard this expansion.
    At the very least Warlocks should get a damage boost against Daemons.

Instead we get our mobility reduced to talents and then some more by putting two casts into one button.
    Plus bugs that are not getting fixed as the for example the disapperance of our companion Daemon when we teleport on Argus.
    Last edited by Shadocat; 2017-10-21 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Subtlety was lackluster at first but got way, way better in 7.2.5
    Never really been too into Assassination and Legion didn't change that, I just feel like the passives do the damage and I'm along for the ride
    I appreciate the idea behind Outlaw, but in practice roll the bones is too inconsistent, it changes between 'this feels like shit' and 'this is amazing'

Balance Druid is a lot more enjoyable than the WoD version, but I still prefer the MoP design. The gameplay is maybe a few shades too static, where you don't feel like you can make much of a difference in your own DPS
    I didn't level my Warlock to 110 so I don't have the whole picture but all of the specs felt too simplistic and lacked the neat little tricks you could do in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    Instead we get our mobility reduced to talents
    You, of course, do realize that Burning Rush was always a talent?

Deleted
    Demon Hunter: turned from a non-existent state to playable, which is definitely an improvement.

Retribution Pala: It's only fun in Arena. Other than that, it turned from my favorite spec to a very boring one. It feels slow, both movement and gameplay wise, the finishers aren't satisfying to use and it isn't a hybrid anymore; it's just Arms Warrior with Holy animations, lacking actual spell attacks and abilities to help your allies.
    I rolled a paladin back in Wrath because A) it had holy magic (a good mix of physical and magical offensive abilities), B) it was fast, C) it was a hybrid class, meaning you could help your allies one way or the other.

Retribution in Legion has lost many iconic spells from WoD that differentiated him from other melees;

• Seals (not a fan of Empowered Seals from WoD, but it was iconic and strong thematically)
    • Divine Storm proc, giving you a free hard hitting Divine Storm useful in ST too. Could proc Divine Purpose.
    • baseline Divine Purpose. This amazing proc -now a talent that doesn't compete with Crusade- was so fun, smashing Templar's Verdict one after another. This proc combined with the Divine Storm proc made the spec so fast, unique and fun.
    • Exorcism. Essentially replaced by Blade of Justice for seemingly no reason. It was very strong thematically, purging evil and shit, and now we summon a huge blade from the ground that skewers our enemy. Makes you wonder.
    • Selfless Healer. After using Judgment three times, next FoL was instant and healed for 100% more. Very fun talent, it underlined the Paladin's ability to mix damage and healing powers and was a powerful clutch heal.
    • Long Arm of the Law. A short movspeed boost when using Judgement. It was a good sprint, fun to use when running from mob to mob or when chasing people and it capitalized Judgement's importance.
    • Judgement providing buffs to the Paladin and applying debuffs to the enemy! This so was so important in the Paladin's kit. Not Colossus Smash but mostly utility effects with buffs like Selfless Healer, Long Arm of the Law and Seal effects and additionally debuffs like the old Judgement of Light/Wisdom etc. plus some Seal effects. Judgement wasn't only useful for damage but it triggered a bunch of effects that empowered the Paladin and allowed for some decision making.
    • Hammer of Wrath.

There have been some good additions to the spec in Legion; Wake of Ashes, Zeal, the return of Consecration and Judgement of Light, Divine Steed -which I actually like- and Crusade (although fun, it hurts the spec as it makes it feel very slow and ineffective without it). However, gameplay is overall worse and slower with unnecessary changes that tried to fix something that isn't broken.
    Ideally, they should just keep the WoD spec as it was and improve it, adding more hybrid talents like Judgement of Light, giving us Auras back and sticking to the concept that Judgement gives us buffs and applies debuffs (NOT Colossus Smash).
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-10-21 at 11:09 AM.

Hunter - A class that was perfectly fine and fun in WoD. Legion came and absolutely ruined it. Really considering not playing the game next expac if they don't revert back to MoP/WoD iterations of the class. I literally have 2 specs to chose from now. I chose a hunter to play a ranged class, not a fucking melee class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, no. Sure, Holy and Protection paladins got their Holy Power removed which was a great move - but since I'm Ret I'm disappointed that we still have it. We also move like slugs - this is the SLOWEST expansion we have so far. Even in Vanilla we had better with a passive movement speed increase! And also the worst offender: our Class Fantasy doesn't feel like Retribution at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

This is the biggest problem with Legion class design generally - all too often, especially (but not only) in the more hybrid-y classes, you think "Oh I'll cast X in this slightly unusual situation!" and... you no longer have X. I mean, by all means make it not part of the rotation, maybe even re-design the spellbook to have "Spells you need to use" and "Other spells" or something if it's confusing people (which let's be real, too many abilities did), but gief back spelz blizz.
    Aye I loved having the extra spells for unusual situations, it made classes so much more interesting. Legion got tons of things to do but if the class I play is boring I feel like the whole game if getting boring. I just don't feel immersed anymore if my class feels incomplete.