Poll: Do you believe Alt-Right Neo Nazis should be listened to?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yes you should listen to them, otherwise you will never get a chance to refute their logic or getting them to changer their minds (as unlikely as it may be). Even with the age of Trumpism I may have become more jaded and pessimistic, still realize you won't get any where without communication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Just because they're alt-right doesn't make them neo nazis. The alt-left made the alt-right.
    the alt-right named themselves the alt-right as a rebrand campaign from neo-nazis, white nationalists, ect and now they make up the boogy man of the "alt-left". Can you name anyone of these "alt-left" people? what is their agenda? what legislation have they put forth?

- - - Updated - - -

You can be alt-right and not a neo nazi. That is a fact.
    their goals and legislation they push are for all intensive purposes the same. if a shoe fits.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    yes you should listen to them, otherwise you will never get a chance to refute their logic or getting them to changer their minds (as unlikely as it may be). Even with the age of Trumpism I may have become more jaded and pessimistic, still realize you won't get any where without communication.

- - - Updated - - -

the alt-right named themselves the alt-right as a rebrand campaign from neo-nazis, white nationalists, ect and now they make up the boogy man of the "alt-left". Can you name anyone of these "alt-left" people? what is their agenda? what legislation have they put forth?
    Hilary made up the alt right so people on the left had something to be angry towards and they take to it like a duck to water and eventually the alt right became a thing. Don't know why I'm arguing on a mostly leftist site anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Refuting the "logic" of Neo-Nazis and now the Alt-Right for 40+ years hasn't made them go away. Just like refuting Creationist "logic" hasn't made much of a dent either.
    Time to try a little bit of everything and see what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Refuting the "logic" of Neo-Nazis and now the Alt-Right for 40+ years hasn't made them go away. Just like refuting Creationist "logic" hasn't made much of a dent either.
    Time to try a little bit of everything and see what works best.
    no but it has improved things, didn't say would magically work, but those who identify as none religious has drastically raised over the years for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Hilary made up the alt right so people on the left had something to be angry towards and they take to it like a duck to water and eventually the alt right became a thing. Don't know why I'm arguing on a mostly leftist site anywhere.
    richard spencer used the term back in 08, Bannon also declared breitbart as the "platform of the alt right". All Hilary did was point out what the alt-right is, that isn't making it.

10+ Year Old Account
    no but it has improved things, didn't say would magically work, but those who identify as none religious has drastically raised over the years for example.
    Ya that's neat. Too bad that laws hostile to the non-religious have been on the rise.

Chasing their tales and refuting the "logic" of creationists have'nt earned much in the way of real gain. Time to try a little bit of everything and see what works best... like voting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Yes they should. Just beating them like useless neanderthals gets you nothing but an angrier opponent and makes you look intellectually inferior to them. Listen to them, and then tear their 'logic' apart with real logic. Unless of course you secretly believe they're right and might convert you? Are you a Nazi mall?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I don't think anyone or any group *should* be listened to, it's really your own choice. I'd only recommend picking up a wide array of viewpoints, so even if you disagree with someone you can respect their stance and understand their opinion. For the 'extremists' you listed, I don't think we should be inviting them to preach or support their attempts to disseminate their ideology, but as a country of free speech, we shouldn't be oppressing them either, unless they're breaking the few laws out there that limit speech.
    Hate speech is not a viewpoint, its hate speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I think that what some of these groups spew is deplorable including Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, BLM, Antifa, and even NAACP, I don't think they shouldn't be able to express themselves within the bounds of the first amendment. If the words turn violent, in that it perpetuates violence in any way toward other groups, thats when it crosses the line and they should be dealt with, which the police do fine job at doing.

as long as they aren't blatantly racist and actually have a point to make, sure.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Well I don't think they should be listened to.

But they should be allowed to express their opinion.

It depends on who is calling them neo nazis, because nazi is thrown around too easily these days. If they self-identify as nazis then no.

They have a right to speak and assemble. You have the right to walk away and not listen.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think that without listening to what people have to say, you have no way of having a constructive conversation about their/your views.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    However on the flip side it is not the right of entities like Paypal to refuse them basic services required to do business in turn. It is not the right of Google to deny a platform to apps they deem hateful. The reason for this, is that right belongs to individuals not companies and corporations.
    Actually as the owners of their businesses, Google and Paypal are entirely within their rights to deny a platform to ANYONE for ANY REASON.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    You dont have to listen to them, but they have a right to spew their bullshit. If you think someone is wrong, dispute their arguments instead.

Shouldnt be hard to argue against the cancer called identity politics.
    Exactly. Sure beats punching them. When you punch them, you validate them, as it only serves as a proof that you don't have an argument to present against their case.

If you don't like them, engage in a debate with them and demolish them with arguments. That way, when you defeat them, they're not coming back. You find their claims proposterous? Mock them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    They have a right to speak and assemble. You have the right to walk away and not listen.
    Yup. Everyone should have the right to voice their opinion - just like everyone else has the right to not listen to said opinion.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-23 at 11:02 PM.

An ideology that starts with the premise that I'm less of a human is obviously not something worth listening to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Yes. Yes they should. Just beating them like useless neanderthals gets you nothing but an angrier opponent and makes you look intellectually inferior to them. Listen to them, and then tear their 'logic' apart with real logic. Unless of course you secretly believe they're right and might convert you? Are you a Nazi mall?
    I honestly don't see why people think this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

There's nothing new about their ideology and we already know the rest. Why bother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Free speech.

But ignore them or mock them, don't take them seriously. I've said this 100x but everyone wants to have a boogeyman.
    It worked great in the '30s.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    There's nothing new about their ideology and we already know the rest. Why bother?
    Do we? I mean is there anything new under the sun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.