Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Deleted
    They will not.

/end thread

Deleted
    I'd only play them if I could transmog items they have taken out of game. Gather all items i want n move character out to regular servers where gear ends up in xmog tab/data base.

Otherwise fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    I'd only play them if I could transmog items they have taken out of game. Gather all items i want n move character out to regular servers where gear ends up in xmog tab/data base.

Otherwise fuck it.
    Well, if you could transfer characters between legacy and current, there would be near zero point of having legacy at all.

I would play a WotLK last patch server just for the endless Wintergrasp goodness.

The vanilla WoW community has gone to shit, and since the community was why vanilla WoW was so good, my answer is a resounding no.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    No. Stop. That is not the point in MMO's the community is 55% of the experience. If you're all struggling, you're doing it together and it creates a unique experience.
    Uh maybe you have that kind of % being community but I sure don't.

I would definitely try it out, but I am not sure how long it would last before going back to "modern" WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    The anti-legacy trolls popped out of the woodwork again to throw stupid "facts" about how bad legacy is/would be.
    Since two years of their stupid baseless rambling the private vanilla servers kept on growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I think this all depended a lot on how much of a noob you and your friends were. I played in a guild that had never played MMORPGs before, we didn't start looking at tactics online until somewhere during AQ40 and even then they had to be heavily adapted to work for our group since the tactics you found online was abysmal by todays standards. Before that it was pretty much word of mouth.
    Same with addons really. Decursive was an early one (but we still had decurse assignments since it was way faster) and I remember us using ct_raid but it was pretty useless. The first addon that was actually accurate and usable was the Thaddius addon that drew big arrows on the screen where you should run.

A lot of people probably used all the tools available but a lot of people didn't because we frankly didn't know they existed.
    Yeahhhh assignments weren't "faster" than using the old decursive mod. After Blizz broke it sure, but before it? Nope.

So word of mouth from "friends" was more complete than information from people that had killed the targets. K. Think what you will. It really does not matter anyways I am pulling off of my experiences from Day 1 of Vanilla's launch...and I don't really think you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Since two years of their stupid baseless rambling the private vanilla servers kept on growing.
    Uh huh surrre it has. I mean look at that movement they started when all the youtubers got behind it and the petition got started. Look at all of that change it created! I'm sure you are enjoying your Blizz provided Legacy realms....oh wait...they don't exist do they? Oops. Well then I'm sure you are getting ready to play the Blizz announced Legacy realms coming soon! Oh wait...those don't exist either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    I hope Blizz finally gives in and launches Legacy servers. They truly have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
    Yup no potential fallout if Legacy realms launch and then fail in a matter of months due to people not liking them. Totally wouldn't hurt Blizz stock and cause a backlash from investors, media and people bailing on the game because they would feel resources got diverted from retail to produce a 13 year old version of the game.

Tell me something. If they have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain...Where are your servers? I mean it is no risk, right? They are literally REFUSING to take free money from people it sounds like. That is unheard of!

10+ Year Old Account
    The anti-legacy trolls popped out of the woodwork again to throw stupid "facts" about how bad legacy is/would be.
    It's not baseless. As a company Blizzard wouldn't benefit from it, and there's the hassle of recovering data that hasn't been patched (companies don't save older, bugged data). The idea has to be long term.

Apart from that, you say their "ramblings" are stupid, but what counterargument have you added?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It's not baseless. As a company Blizzard wouldn't benefit from it, and there's the hassle of recovering data that hasn't been patched (companies don't save older, bugged data). The idea has to be long term.

Apart from that, you say their "ramblings" are stupid, but what counterargument have you added?
    Oh he just doesn't like the direction the last few legacy threads went and now just seems to pop in and call anti-legacy people trolls. I mean the easiest way to shut him down is my standard argument: "If Blizzard felt Legacy realms were worth the investment they'd be out." Some thread like this isn't going to change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh he just doesn't like the direction the last few legacy threads went and now just seems to pop in and call anti-legacy people trolls. I mean the easiest way to shut him down is my standard argument: "If Blizzard felt Legacy realms were worth the investment they'd be out." Some thread like this isn't going to change anything.
    The problem really only arises when idiots start going on about "LoL Retail tards you pay for da bad version" or "LoL legacy moron you only can see roses in your glasses cuz Vanilla is suck!". I'm pro-legacy but I realize it's going to cost Blizzard time and money they don't want to spend on it and it could be a drain on retail as some might view it as an admission that the current game has lost it's way and changed too much.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Oh, yeah, I'm one of them and I'm proud of it. By the way, what do you think, why those private servers can exist and even grow? Because they are free. Would you pay for a limited content that you would "play out" in a few years and left nothing to do? Obviously no, when there is a similar, but free alternative. Basically the private servers biggest feature is that they are free to play.

But take that away. Personally I'm playing WoW, because it's a big undiscovered continent (in theory, imagine it as an example), unlocking/discovering it's secrets, areas over time (expansions). However picking a portion of it and making it an isle that is surrounded by the sea, preventing any possible way to expand, you run out of discoveries quickly and the small island will be well known after a time (even if it's years). It would become boring to wander around it every single day with no new activities to do.
    I choose the undiscovered continent, and when the time comes that we discover even that big continent with no more new areas to unlock or draw on the map (Blizz shutting down the servers or announce the final expansion), then I'm going to find an other big continent to discover (a new game).

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh... no I'm not. Point out where I've asserted that my opinion is a fact. Go ahead.

You seem to really hate this game. Get a spine and leave if you hate it that much but you're just a sad case at this point. Someone so consumed with dislike for a mere video game but without the willpower to delete and walk away.
    You’re pretending to know that everyone’s divided on what they want, based on a few posts scattered throughout this topic.

And I don’t hate this game at all, I’ve said so multiple times. Vanilla WoW is just a different experience.

You on the other hand seem to be only in this thread to aggress people. We get it, you hate legacy servers. You can stop repeating that. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The problem really only arises when idiots start going on about "LoL Retail tards you pay for da bad version" or "LoL legacy moron you only can see roses in your glasses cuz Vanilla is suck!". I'm pro-legacy but I realize it's going to cost Blizzard time and money they don't want to spend on it and it could be a drain on retail as some might view it as an admission that the current game has lost it's way and changed too much.
    I think if Legacy was ever going to happen it would be when the game isn't getting new content and the final expansion is out, whenever that is. I mean there is always a chance they surprise everyone at some point with them but I just don't see it being a sound idea to put out a 13 year old MMO to compete with your...own MMO.

Deleted
    without any doubt nope. I wouldnt play legacy servers. Times changes and wow changes, people should accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You’re pretending to know that everyone’s divided on what they want, based on a few posts scattered throughout this topic.
    Umm you know how many legacy threads have BEEN on this site over the past few years? They always go the same damn way. Different people have different opinions and views on how they would like Legacy (or not want/like legacy). Some people don't even WANT Vanilla. They'd rather have a more popular version such as TBC or WotLK.

The only thing that SHOULD be known is that yes some people want legacy and that is it. You can't make some blanket statement and say "They all want it this way." because that is wrong and you KNOW it.

No and it won't happen. It's more likely that we get a void seeker class with absorber, disturber and restorer specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I think if Legacy was ever going to happen it would be when the game isn't getting new content and the final expansion is out, whenever that is. I mean there is always a chance they surprise everyone at some point with them but I just don't see it being a sound idea to put out a 13 year old MMO to compete with your...own MMO.
    Fair, but even then I think they might just try to shift people to a new game. Be it a Diablo or Starcraft game with a monthly fee.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Well, if you could transfer characters between legacy and current, there would be near zero point of having legacy at all.
    Transfer from, not to.