Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    While he's not the most tech savvy tech youtuber out there this video is not not one of those: TR4 sockets manufactured by Foxconn indeed have a manufacturing defect, resulting in what he's describing in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92ekiLjLng

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...ntion_bracket/
    Not my point.. I know Foxconn sockets have issues, they had so since day 1 which multiple reviewers noted.

The point of retardation from this dumbass comes from the fact of "AMD manufactures these and sends them to the makers!" when it clearly states on the socket itself who freaking made it.

Followed by the fact that he's an incompetent idiot applying the force he does instead of not actually locking the cage fully but thread 2 and 3 first and then 1 and tightening it down... Any basic highschool kids that got workshop classes should know this and it's also been explained by numerous reviewers regarding Foxconn sockets.

Third that this isn't the first time socket issues like this exist for any brand and here he goes on a rant to AMD for something that is out of their control.

Think about it for a split freaking second.. Put 120+ kilograms of weight on a motherboard to close the CPU socket should long throw up alerts .. Not to mention the fact that being a reviewer as he is he should've known about the Foxconn issue as well as the fact that he explicitly states that his Zenith Extreme had no such issues...

He's literally the kind of guy that goes: "Oh .. It no fit .. I go grab hammer and smash in .. MUST FIT!"

That video is literally the reason why stupidity causes lawsuits in the US because someone is unable to step back, look at things objectively and actually think and use logic.

Would you blame nVidia for ASUS delivering you a DoA GTX 1080Ti?
    Or if CyberPower PC delivers you a PC with a busted ASUS board and they give you a GigaByte board in return.. Would you then blame ASUS?

It infuriates me that a person like that is a relatively successfull tech reviewer but he's seriously as dumb as bricks to things that aren't being spoonfed to him.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Not my point.. I know Foxconn sockets have issues, they had so since day 1 which multiple reviewers noted.

The point of retardation from this dumbass comes from the fact of "AMD manufactures these and sends them to the makers!" when it clearly states on the socket itself who freaking made it.
    Manufacturers dont magically start making sockets, they have to get certified by AMD. Even if they magically didnt it's still AMD's fault.

Followed by the fact that he's an incompetent idiot applying the force he does instead of not actually locking the cage fully but thread 2 and 3 first and then 1 and tightening it down... Any basic highschool kids that got workshop classes should know this and it's also been explained by numerous reviewers regarding Foxconn sockets.
    That's the defect: you cannot properly lock 2 and 3.

Third that this isn't the first time socket issues like this exist for any brand and here he goes on a rant to AMD for something that is out of their control.
    They are still the responsible party, unless MB manufacturers bought some kind of counterfeit sockets.

Think about it for a split freaking second.. Put 120+ kilograms of weight on a motherboard to close the CPU socket should long throw up alerts .. Not to mention the fact that being a reviewer as he is he should've known about the Foxconn issue as well as the fact that he explicitly states that his Zenith Extreme had no such issues...
    How should he know unless he's been notified by AMD/MB manufacturer? You're assuming that hardware reviewers should have some more indepth knowledge of the hardware side, but the reality of it is that 95% of reviewers dont have any idea about it: they dont review VRM layouts/thermals, board layouts in general, hardware features, hell most of them dont even show the board properly in their review.

Would you blame nVidia for ASUS delivering you a DoA GTX 1080Ti?
    Or if CyberPower PC delivers you a PC with a busted ASUS board and they give you a GigaByte board in return.. Would you then blame ASUS?
    Depends on why it's DoA. In this case the only two parties you can blame are AMD and Foxconn: if a GPU you end up getting has some kind of hardware defect you blame Nvidia/AMD, even thought both of those dont manufacture their chips themselves.

It infuriates me that a person like that is a relatively successfull tech reviewer but he's seriously as dumb as bricks to things that aren't being spoonfed to him.
    Most of them are. That's why I love Gamers Nexus.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    Manufacturers dont magically start making sockets, they have to get certified by AMD. Even if they magically didnt it's still AMD's fault.
    The original prototype from Foxconn got certified, as those ones work.
    How is a production error from a manufacturer AMD's fault? You think AMD certifies every single bracket/socket ever?
    You think Intel does?

As you can easily find online .. not all Foxconn sockets have issues so it's a production error from Foxconn somewhere down the line.
    So I'll ask you once more: How is this AMD's fault? Detailed explanation.

That's the defect: you cannot properly lock 2 and 3.
    You actually can if you don't do it like that JayzTwoCents did ... that's my point, I believe HardOCP explained it in detail with the Foxconn how it does latch on properly because he had the exact same issue.

They are still the responsible party, unless MB manufacturers bought some kind of counterfeit sockets.
    How in the name of Zeus' butthole are they responsible? They have no part in the chain.
    They certify the prototypes and the rest is done by a manufacturer beyond their control, everything works like that.
    Do you think nVidia certifies every single GPU that comes from any manufacturer? That's a little short sighted here...

The motherboard manufacturers just buy sockets from either LOTES or Foxconn and use them, how exactly is AMD between this?

How should he know unless he's been notified by AMD/MB manufacturer? You're assuming that hardware reviewers should have some more indepth knowledge of the hardware side, but the reality of it is that 95% of reviewers dont have any idea about it: they dont review VRM layouts/thermals, board layouts in general, hardware features, hell most of them dont even show the board properly in their review.
    Because it's been known since day one, all his colleagues that live in the same town as him know it, a lot of people online know it.
    Since he's a computer hardware reviewer it is expected of him to actually put effort into things, this is the very reason why JayzTwoCents annoys me so much.

He doesn't put in any effort and he's clueless about things which makes me cringe.

Depends on why it's DoA. In this case the only two parties you can blame are AMD and Foxconn: if a GPU you end up getting has some kind of hardware defect you blame Nvidia/AMD, even thought both of those dont manufacture their chips themselves.
    No you blame the actual manufacturer like in my example it'd be ASUS for passing their QA for some reason when it shouldn't.
    Or GigaByte for passing their QA when they bought and used the socket from Foxconn.

It is beyond AMD or nVidia's control since they only deliver the actual GPU chips to the manufacturers.
    Same thing goes for GigaByte when they build a motherboard from components they are responsible for QA, if 1 manufacturer of those parts (Foxconn) delivers a bad socket they can address them but you cannot blame the people who built the chips for the inadequacies of another part manufacturer ... that's absolutely stupid.

In the example of the video the 1 party addressable is GigaByte since they used the Foxconn socket, which GigaByte knows has issues, LOTES has no such issues.
    In the end it's Foxconn's inadequacy causing it but it's also GigaByte's failing QA for passing this issue.

AMD is literally nowhere in the chain here.

Most of them are. That's why I love Gamers Nexus.
    There are plenty that aren't as dumb as Jayz is being... and again the reason why people cause lawsuits because they're too damn stupid.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    We need pictures when it's built

https://imgur.com/a/pWX4S

I'm debating on whether or not to move that top fan up, and if the bottom one can be.. then if I should move that one up as well.

It's not special, but it's not messy, although the back could be more organized.

The SSD is in the back on the left and vertically mounted along with two mechanicals hidden in the lower right corner.

Edit - The 2 power cables on the right aren't sticking out anywhere near as much as they were in those pics.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-10-25 at 07:21 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The original prototype from Foxconn got certified, as those ones work.
    How is a production error from a manufacturer AMD's fault? You think AMD certifies every single bracket/socket ever?
    You think Intel does?
    Yes and yes. Board manufacturers didnt design those sockets, they dont have a complete understanding of how it's supposed to interact with the CPU, especially with the retention system this complex.

As you can easily find online .. not all Foxconn sockets have issues so it's a production error from Foxconn somewhere down the line.
    So I'll ask you once more: How is this AMD's fault? Detailed explanation.
    They designed the socket and the retention system, they are the only party that can effectively eliminate those issues.

You actually can if you don't do it like that JayzTwoCents did ... that's my point, I believe HardOCP explained it in detail with the Foxconn how it does latch on properly because he had the exact same issue.
    That requires you to know that the issue exists, which JayzTwoCents had no way realistic way of doing.

How in the name of Zeus' butthole are they responsible? They have no part in the chain.
    They certify the prototypes and the rest is done by a manufacturer beyond their control, everything works like that.
    Do you think nVidia certifies every single GPU that comes from any manufacturer? That's a little short sighted here...
    Nvidia is responsible for every GPU that they supply to board partners, yes. That's how it works. People dont know who supplies the silicon, who packages it, who ships it, Nvidia is responsible in the end.

The motherboard manufacturers just buy sockets from either LOTES or Foxconn and use them, how exactly is AMD between this?
    No, AMD tells them who they can buy sockets from. Do you they would buy it from Lotes or Foxconn if they could get away from buying it from a unnamed chinese manufacturer (some of which are certified as OEM suppliers)?

Because it's been known since day one, all his colleagues that live in the same town as him know it, a lot of people online know it.
    Since he's a computer hardware reviewer it is expected of him to actually put effort into things, this is the very reason why JayzTwoCents annoys me so much.

He doesn't put in any effort and he's clueless about things which makes me cringe.
    So are most of the top reviewers. Pick any top tech review channel, all of them dont have a clue. All the information they have is from manufacturers themselves.

No you blame the actual manufacturer like in my example it'd be ASUS for passing their QA for some reason when it shouldn't.
    Or GigaByte for passing their QA when they bought and used the socket from Foxconn.

It is beyond AMD or nVidia's control since they only deliver the actual GPU chips to the manufacturers.
    Same thing goes for GigaByte when they build a motherboard from components they are responsible for QA, if 1 manufacturer of those parts (Foxconn) delivers a bad socket they can address them but you cannot blame the people who built the chips for the inadequacies of another part manufacturer ... that's absolutely stupid.

In the example of the video the 1 party addressable is GigaByte since they used the Foxconn socket, which GigaByte knows has issues, LOTES has no such issues.
    In the end it's Foxconn's inadequacy causing it but it's also GigaByte's failing QA for passing this issue.

AMD is literally nowhere in the chain here.
    Again, they didnt design a socket, as the same manufacturers dont design a GPU. If those passed both Foxconn's and board manufacturers QA there is only one party to blame.

There are plenty that aren't as dumb as Jayz is being... and again the reason why people cause lawsuits because they're too damn stupid.
    Create your own tech review channel. You're bound to succeed if everyone else is that stupid.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and yes. Board manufacturers didnt design those sockets, they dont have a complete understanding of how it's supposed to interact with the CPU, especially with the retention system this complex.
    Let me just make sure 100% here of what you're saying:
    You actually think AMD and Intel certify every single socket of every single motherboard ever produced?
    No ... they do not, it'd be ridiculously expensive and plain impossible to do so, they simply make a schematic for a design of a socket.
    The manufacturer, in this case LOTES and Foxconn, are the ones to build the things and sell it off independently .. hell if you have the ability YOU can even do it.

And you think manufacturers have no clue about how the intricacies of the retention system works? Good Lord man .. do you think the manufacturers who design entire boards, including pathways, cannot understand something as simple as a socket?

Level of complexity of a socket is peanuts compared to an entire motherboard such as, for example, a GigaByte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (example of the board in question, ZOMG!)

They HAVE to have a complete understanding of it because you know... everything is tied into that CPU via contact points going out to the rest of the board.
    How do you think you have memory installed on your board communicating with the IMC on the CPU?

They designed the socket and the retention system, they are the only party that can effectively eliminate those issues.
    The only thing they can do is kick Foxconn in the ass with their retention system and their failure to create them properly, they however have no physical say if a production line does things wrong in a factory by one of the parties that licensed it's design...
    The only thing AMD is capable of doing is withdrawing the certification of Foxconn's TR4 socket production, nothing else.
    If there's a production fault @ Foxconn's factories then AMD has literally 0 say in it if manufacturer has somehow deviated from their design.

And to add onto this... how is LOTES not producing defective sockets... I mean you're effectively blaming AMD here and saying their design is at fault.
    If that were the case LOTES sockets would have the same issues ... yet they have no issues.

I will ask you once again:
    If ASUS makes a proper video card at first (for example's sake let's say a GTX 1160 ROG STRIX) and then runs out of SAMSUNG VRAM and is forced to use SK HYNIX VRAM which normally (and of course on paper) should work perfectly fine within specs but fail to do so due to a production error ... is this then nVidia's fault?
    Because that's what we're getting at here with your statements.

That requires you to know that the issue exists, which JayzTwoCents had no way realistic way of doing.
    No realistic way of knowing? Are you serious?
    If a random person on the Internet can find and massively report the issue (your links are an example) and same for his colleagues he obviously talks with whilst being a computer hardware reviewer who's tested multiple X399 boards he has a very realistic way of finding this out.
    All it takes for him, even a bloody monkey, is to google it to stumble upon a shitton of reports.

Yet we clearly see that the only thing he did was shut down his brain and go on a ranting tirade without actually applying any form of logic.

Nvidia is responsible for every GPU that they supply to board partners, yes. That's how it works. People dont know who supplies the silicon, who packages it, who ships it, Nvidia is responsible in the end.
    No nVidia is not responsible for it, they are responsible for the products that go out to their clients, what their clients do with it is none of their concern.

If you go into a supermarket, buy a large piece of chocolate (let's say 0,5Kg), feed it to your dog ... is that supermarket somehow responsible for the chocolate ending up in your dog's belly and the dog dying from it? (chocolate is similar to poison for a dog)

nVidia is only responsible that the GPU they send out is in working order, the rest is up to the manufacturer to incorporate into a design.
    nVidia only signs off on the design once on a check to see if they aren't cheating (like MSI did during the GTX 600 series) by adding resistors before the VCore line to the GPU increasing Voltage delivery beyond their agreed upon specifications, after that everything is up to the manufacturer.
    If the manufacturer uses, in this example MSI, uses components that are faulty it is not nVidia's fault, it's MSI's fault which then can blame the specific component manufacturer ... or would you say the VRM burnout on the EVGA GTX 1070/1080/1080Ti series were also nVidia's fault?

No, AMD tells them who they can buy sockets from. Do you they would buy it from Lotes or Foxconn if they could get away from buying it from a unnamed chinese manufacturer (some of which are certified as OEM suppliers)?
    No it doesn't work like that at all.
    Foxconn and LOTES produce a prototype socket, send it to AMD in an engineering board and AMD signs off on that design and certifies that manufacturer.
    Whom they buy from is up to the mobo manufacturer and not up to AMD at all.
    If that random Chinese manufacturer can produce sockets then all they have to do is produce the socket on an engineering board and have it certified by AMD.
    If AMD certifies it for use you can then sell the sockets, no matter if your company name is "Liu Li Xian", "Foxconn" or "LOTES".

How in the hell do you think resistors, capacitors, thyristors are made?

So are most of the top reviewers. Pick any top tech review channel, all of them dont have a clue. All the information they have is from manufacturers themselves.
    Ok so I'm going to pick Tiny Tom Logan from OC3D ... even though his voice annoys the living fuck out of me, he's not all that bad and isn't exactly clueless either.
    But according to you he should then be a clueless tech reviewer? Your statement is wholly incorrect and most do know a good deal, maybe not everything but all of them know not to be idiots and do the brainless acts JayzTwoCents did.

Again, they didnt design a socket, as the same manufacturers dont design a GPU. If those passed both Foxconn's and board manufacturers QA there is only one party to blame.
    AnandTech: P55 Extreme Overclockers: Check your sockets!
    Who's to blame here? Intel or Foxconn/Mobo manufacturer?

I'll give you a hint: It's not Intel.

Create your own tech review channel. You're bound to succeed if everyone else is that stupid.
    Considering my knowledge I probably could.
    Also I stated JayzTwoCents being dumb and because of his stupidity shit goes south to people who follow him and assume he knows.

Note how I said, and it says there in the actual beginning of the quote "There are plenty that aren't as dumb as Jayz is being" ...
    I don't actually understand how you, assuming you're semi-intelligent, can actually say that AMD is to blame for this when they have 0 control over it?

Are you being serious here or is this one of your usual trolling antics?

Let me just make sure 100% here of what you're saying:
    You actually think AMD and Intel certify every single socket of every single motherboard ever produced?
    No, but in case there is a fault with a socket(PCH/GPU/etc) I blame people who designed it. If your manufacturer shipped faulty parts/didnt ship enough of them/it's got a design flaw - it doesnt matter, you're still to blame.

The only thing they can do is kick Foxconn in the ass with their retention system and their failure to create them properly, they however have no physical say if a production line does things wrong in a factory by one of the parties that licensed it's design...
    The only thing AMD is capable of doing is withdrawing the certification of Foxconn's TR4 socket production, nothing else.
    If there's a production fault @ Foxconn's factories then AMD has literally 0 say in it if manufacturer has somehow deviated from their design.
    It's not Foxconn's retention system, it's designed for AMD, per their specification. If manufacturer has deviated from your design you dont let those sockets to be shipped to your partners. Again, only AMD knows how it's supposed to work, so only they can find defects like this one.

And to add onto this... how is LOTES not producing defective sockets... I mean you're effectively blaming AMD here and saying their design is at fault.
    If that were the case LOTES sockets would have the same issues ... yet they have no issues.
    I have no idea if the design is at fault or not. The situation is quite simple: AMD board partners got faulty parts designed by AMD. That's it. AMD can go on find a cause of an issue and report it (for example like Samsung did with their Note7 batteries), but AMD is still to blame here.

I will ask you once again:
    If ASUS makes a proper video card at first (for example's sake let's say a GTX 1160 ROG STRIX) and then runs out of SAMSUNG VRAM and is forced to use SK HYNIX VRAM which normally (and of course on paper) should work perfectly fine within specs but fail to do so due to a production error ... is this then nVidia's fault?
    Because that's what we're getting at here with your statements.
    Ok let's get a real example. Micron GDDR5 on Pascal cards. Had some huge issues due at first due to different power requirements. I would blame the board manufacturer because they obviously should've known better (and had FE as a reference), but this situation is different: memory manufacturers effectively design their own memory (standards are pretty loose) and it's the AIB partner job to integrate specific memory properly if they want to use it (same with other board components) - they had an option of sticking to the reference board design. In TR4 socket case we have two manufacturers using AMD design, and it's their job to make sure their partners get quality parts.

No nVidia is not responsible for it, they are responsible for the products that go out to their clients, what their clients do with it is none of their concern.

If you go into a supermarket, buy a large piece of chocolate (let's say 0,5Kg), feed it to your dog ... is that supermarket somehow responsible for the chocolate ending up in your dog's belly and the dog dying from it? (chocolate is similar to poison for a dog)

nVidia is only responsible that the GPU they send out is in working order, the rest is up to the manufacturer to incorporate into a design.
    nVidia only signs off on the design once on a check to see if they aren't cheating (like MSI did during the GTX 600 series) by adding resistors before the VCore line to the GPU increasing Voltage delivery beyond their agreed upon specifications, after that everything is up to the manufacturer.
    If the manufacturer uses, in this example MSI, uses components that are faulty it is not nVidia's fault, it's MSI's fault which then can blame the specific component manufacturer ... or would you say the VRM burnout on the EVGA GTX 1070/1080/1080Ti series were also nVidia's fault?
    There is no scapegoat in this room. Stop trying to blame everyone else except for the party that is actually responsible. Oh, and EVGA VRM temperature problems dont affect 1080Ti cards.

No it doesn't work like that at all.
    Foxconn and LOTES produce a prototype socket, send it to AMD in an engineering board and AMD signs off on that design and certifies that manufacturer.
    Whom they buy from is up to the mobo manufacturer and not up to AMD at all.
    If that random Chinese manufacturer can produce sockets then all they have to do is produce the socket on an engineering board and have it certified by AMD.
    If AMD certifies it for use you can then sell the sockets, no matter if your company name is "Liu Li Xian", "Foxconn" or "LOTES".
    If you think that's how it actually works you should try to blame everyone else except AMD.

Ok so I'm going to pick Tiny Tom Logan from OC3D ... even though his voice annoys the living fuck out of me, he's not all that bad and isn't exactly clueless either.
    But according to you he should then be a clueless tech reviewer? Your statement is wholly incorrect and most do know a good deal, maybe not everything but all of them know not to be idiots and do the brainless acts JayzTwoCents did.
    So you're just shitting on a person because you dont like him? In my book OC3D motherboard reviews are just a braindead as most of them.

AnandTech: P55 Extreme Overclockers: Check your sockets!
    Who's to blame here? Intel or Foxconn/Mobo manufacturer?

I'll give you a hint: It's not Intel.
    It's Intel. Intel socket specification most likely didnt account for extreme overclocking scenarios and wasnt strict enough to prevent this from happening. If the socket was actually outside of Intel's specifications they are still to blame for certifying Foxconn sockets. Again, blaming Foxconn or board manufacturers is pretty stupid, they didnt design the socket or the CPU.

Considering my knowledge I probably could.
    Also I stated JayzTwoCents being dumb and because of his stupidity shit goes south to people who follow him and assume he knows.
    You dont like him, I get it, why rant about it here? Go to his social media and leave it there.

I don't actually understand how you, assuming you're semi-intelligent, can actually say that AMD is to blame for this when they have 0 control over it?
    Again, if they have no control over it they are definitely to blame.

Holy crap, can the 2 of you take your bickering elsewhere? This thread has like 10 pages of you 2 going on about unrelated stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    <A lot of the quotes>
    Yeah I can see where this is going to go with a person that has literally never been into production nor knows a damn thing about it.
    So I'm not going to further argue about it with you since you're probably going to blame AMD for world hunger as well because they were the CPU in the PC of the guy whom allocated millions of dollars to the rich for organizing food/money drives and whatnot instead of actually to the hungry.

However I do not like nor dislike JayzTwoCents apart from when he's spouting utterly stupid drivel ... just like you're doing now.

I'll simply give you an example and end it with that:
    If a Heckler & Koch PSG-1 sniper rifle kills an innocent person, who's to blame for that?
    The gun? Or the person wielding it?

The gun itself was never designed to kill "innocent" people and it's produced in multiple factories around the world.

The principle is identical (just like the supermarket one above) and guess who the entire world's justice system would blame.
    Hint: It's not the weapon manufacturer (nor the supermarket who sold you the chocolate for you to kill your own dog).

P.S. :
    There's freedom in socket designs which my linked article should've showed you and the same with the current TR4 Foxconn and LOTES designs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Holy crap, can the 2 of you take your bickering elsewhere? This thread has like 10 pages of you 2 going on about unrelated stuff.
    Actually most of it has to do with the topic but I get it, I'll not respond to the troll regarding this subject any longer.

Infracted. Don't call others trolls.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-10-26 at 04:13 PM.

Yeah I can see where this is going to go with a person that has literally never been into production nor knows a damn thing about it.
    So I'm not going to further argue about it with you since you're probably going to blame AMD for world hunger as well because they were the CPU in the PC of the guy whom allocated millions of dollars to the rich for organizing food/money drives and whatnot instead of actually to the hungry.
    This has nothing to do with AMD. It's supplying faulty components to system integrators. If it's a licensed production (and it is) the designer is always responsible. End of story.

However I do not like nor dislike JayzTwoCents apart from when he's spouting utterly stupid drivel ... just like you're doing now.
    Yeah, figured that you always call people you dont know names on the internet.

I'll simply give you an example and end it with that:
    If a Heckler & Koch PSG-1 sniper rifle kills an innocent person, who's to blame for that?
    The gun? Or the person wielding it?
    If you follow gun safety protocol (and that's precisely what happened in this case) and people get killed - it's the gun manufacturer. That's who you sue if that happens. Still has nothing to do with this example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damnit I couldn't resist.

got the 8700..non k and a Z370 Tomahawk... Going to use it for my work PC and sell the R7 1700 or give it to one of my kids.

Looks like I can get my 8700k stable at 1.42-1.43v @ 5.2ghz, 82c in prime. Delidded ofc.

Not sure if I want that as my 24\7 OC though.

Most people seem to be able to get 5.1@1.34-1.39. I know intel says it can handle more than that, but as a rule of thumb id stay under 1.4 for daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd recommend going lower voltage and scale the clock back. Also kind of pointless unless you really need the clock speed.

Myeah, went ahead and dialed back to 5.1ghz @ 1.35v. 70c in prime which is 8-9c lower than my pre-delid 5.0ghz.

I'll save the 5.2ghz clocks for benchmarks and other fun, but temporary stuffs

Probably a good call, i dont have chip yet (waiting on silicon lottery) but got my strix-f 370 for 40 bucks lol. Kind of debating returning it for the itx board, cant decide on what route i wanna go with case/lighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here have an 8600k and Extreme4 ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Anyone here have an 8600k and Extreme4 ?
    No but im familiar with their bios, whats up?