Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ''People lack survival instinct, so I'm going to kill them!!''

Yeah, that's one deep philosophy.
    Jigsaw doesn't target people with a "lack of survival instinct" thats just something he tests as he believes that anyone who can beat his traps will be instantly rehabilitated.

He targets those who do wrong on others or those who take their life for granted.

Guerilla advertising, and not trying too hard either...

Mods on vacation?

No, Saw is a shit series of movies and Jigsaw is a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No. Neither Jigsaw, nor Tyler Durden, nor Patrick Bateman, nor any other sociopathic fictional characters have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Standing up against bigotry is weak?
    I was at university when the Fight Club film was released. There were so many arseholes who thought that Durden was a hero and walked around in a crappy copy of that leather jacket so they could cosplay as a dipshit's violent fever dream.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So was watching Saw 2 the other day and got to the part where they found jigsaw in the factory. When he was asked about his nickname he said

Does he have a point? I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    No, the survival instinct is precisely what makes people act like pieces of shit in society. Whether it's cutting someone off on the highway, fighting an old lady for a black friday toaster, or posting support for communism from your iphone all of it stems from the "survival instinct".

Jigsaw is an exageration of a far-left criminal, a stalinist probably, maybe even a fascist of some sort who uses violence to change human behavior.

I'll give credit where credit is due though...he is a hell of a lot scarier than a spooky ghost, a haunted doll, or some douchebag hiding in the walls.

Deleted
    What's funny is that people actually think Saw is an intellectual film

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So was watching Saw 2 the other day and got to the part where they found jigsaw in the factory. When he was asked about his nickname he said

Does he have a point? I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    Did you... watch... the movie?

Jigsaw was dying.

He captured people who took their life for granted and wanted them to FIGHT for their own lives and to see how far they will go to fight for their own lives.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Nope, I was raised and allowed to hurt myself. putting knives in light sockets, cooking on a gas range unattended at 6, swimming in the ocean before that. I'm just asking people to be able to do the same. Just you know, be capable of the most basic kinds of survival skills and coping mechanisms.

I mean, I understand that in this age of people's response to reality being "safe spaces and fistfuls of pills" such a thought is anathema. To expect people to maintain even a basic level of competence, when they can't even cope with their day-to-day existence, is seen as cruelty. Though, I'll never understand why. I mean I'm not asking anyone to do something I don't do.

I'm not asking for the handicapped to be executed like you're implying, they literally can't help their handicap(though, hopefully science may be able to assist in the future) but if you were born "normal" then why is it so utterly terrible to expect basic competence? How many cases of "chronic pain" are just an excuse to get pressure pills/weed out of their doctor because he's less likely to stab a bitch than their dealer?

But thanks for attempting to slander me. Now go pound that handful of pills and grab your coloring book before all this terrifying "reality" crap sets in and ruins your drug-induced "normalcy". Ta-ta!
    So you were a dumb kid (knife in socket) with dumber parents so your mad that people have/had better parents and are smarter then you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    I agree, the current SJW and PC hysteria is a result of good times and thus creating weak people.
    Hard times create strong men.
    Strong men create good times.
    Good times create weak men.
    Weak men create hard times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Did you... watch... the movie?

Jigsaw was dying.

He captured people who took their life for granted and wanted them to FIGHT for their own lives and to see how far they will go to fight for their own lives.
    What about all the targets who didn’t take there life for granted? In saw3 the judge the guy who hit the kid and the witness there were no signs any of them took there life’s for granted. Or in saw 4 when he gets revenge on the people who wouldn’t pay his dumb medical bills that was nothing but petty revenge. Or in saw I think 5 the fake survives of his trap with the book he torches the guys wide who wasn’t even involved with the fake book.

Jigsaw was full of crap though and though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Hard times create strong men.
    Strong men create good times.
    Good times create weak men.
    Weak men create hard times.
    That sounds like a load of bull. Generations don’t just die off inbetween good times and hard times. Ww1 was a hard time which lead into gold times that doesn’t mean there were no strong men when ww2 came around.

Seven was just better than any part of the Saw series except if you judge a movie franchise by its ability to take money from morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What about all the targets who didn’t take there life for granted? In saw3 the judge the guy who hit the kid and the witness there were no signs any of them took there life’s for granted. Or in saw 4 when he gets revenge on the people who wouldn’t pay his dumb medical bills that was nothing but petty revenge. Or in saw I think 5 the fake survives of his trap with the book he torches the guys wide who wasn’t even involved with the fake book.

Jigsaw was full of crap though and though.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a load of bull. Generations don’t just die off inbetween good times and hard times. Ww1 was a hard time which lead into gold times that doesn’t mean there were no strong men when ww2 came around.
    I think the quote is meant to be a more overarching statement. I believe it's referring more to cycles of humanity than small periods of times. Maybe centuries not decades

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hard times often lead to hard men (or women) who do dark and terrible things to their fellows.

This is the basic problem with platitudes, particularly about "strength."

Insipid quote from a terrible movie franchise.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the quote is meant to be a more overarching statement. I believe it's referring more to cycles of humanity than small periods of times. Maybe centuries not decades
    See the problem with that is always some new war or other hard ship coming up you would be hard pressed to find a long period of history where nothing went wrong.

Doesn't really hold up to any scrutiny though. Probably best off disregarding it as poetic rather than realistic.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

See the problem with that is always some new war or other hard ship coming up you would be hard pressed to find a long period of history where nothing went wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Doesn't really hold up to any scrutiny though. Probably best off disregarding it as poetic rather than realistic.
    Pax Romana

Pax Romana
    Oh well that just proves it. The Roman Empire only fell apart because the lives of people there was just that awesome they were too weak to defend themselves. I'm convinced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pax Romana
    So rome where they had coliseum fights and other troubles.
    I also found this “The Pax Romana is said to have been a "miracle" because prior to it there had never been peace for so many centuries in a given period of history. However, Walter Goffart wrote: "The volume of the Cambridge Ancient History for the years A.D. 70–192 is called 'The Imperial Peace', but peace is not what one finds in its pages".[3] Arthur M. Eckstein writes that the period must be seen in contrast to the much more frequent warfare in the Roman Republic”

doesn’t sound like they had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Oh well that just proves it. The Roman Empire only fell apart because the lives of people there was just that awesome they were too weak to defend themselves. I'm convinced.
    You're right. That's exactly what I said. I'm defeated. That's a strawman and a half if I've ever seen one. Pax Romana was given to show that there in fact was a period of time with relative peace or where "nothing went wrong." While it's probably more poetic than applicable to real life, I think there's evidence to show that it's not entirely unfounded.

- - - Updated - - -

So rome where they had coliseum fights and other troubles.
    I also found this “The Pax Romana is said to have been a "miracle" because prior to it there had never been peace for so many centuries in a given period of history. However, Walter Goffart wrote: "The volume of the Cambridge Ancient History for the years A.D. 70–192 is called 'The Imperial Peace', but peace is not what one finds in its pages".[3] Arthur M. Eckstein writes that the period must be seen in contrast to the much more frequent warfare in the Roman Republic”

doesn’t sound like they had no problems.
    You're right because the only way times can be good is if there's a Utopian society. No sense in striving for good conditions since we will never reach perfection