Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Void Seeker = Shadow Priest
    C'thun is dead
    Level 112 ahaha
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-10-27 at 04:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Void Seeker = Shadow Priest
    C'thun is dead
    Level 112 ahaha
    I dont think we actually fully killed of Cthun

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    C'thun is dead
    Level 112 ahaha
    Kael'thas is dead
    Illidan is dead
    Anub'rekhan is dead
    Saurfang is dead
    Onyxia and Nefarian are dead
    Gul'dan is dead
    Nazgrim is dead

C'mon man. This is WoW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordoles View Post
    snip
    I think the things that make your post unbelievable are the level cap being only raised 2 levels - it will be 5 or 10, as it has been since expansions started. also Raid Finder will never be removed, and no it will also not be merged into Normal. not sure what you mean by Legacy but yeah no. they will stick with the 4 difficulties and thats it.

other than that, the rest actually looks really good

I've spent a lot of time imagining a Great Sea expansion, and when it comes to Zandalar and the trolls I kinda want a similar thing like Suramar.

King Rastakhan is sick and frail, his people are in despair because Zandalar is sinking into the sea. A prophet appears among them and speaks out to join the Naga and the Old Gods. By accepting the same gift that was granted to the Naga, the Zandalari can survive their home being swallowed by the sea.
    Rastakhans son however believes all of this to be a ploy, he approaches the Horde and the Alliance for aid.

The story takes place in several places but mostly on Zandalar. A large section is underwater where we fight the Naga, but most of it is still above sea level.
    Like in Suramar, we infiltrate the troll city under a disguise and try to gain allies. We manage to slip into the spirit realm , which has been blocked off for the trolls except for their new high prophet. Here we meet voljin who warns us that the Loa have been subdued by the Old Gods, and we work to free them.
    As the story progresses, we free more Loas and expose the truth to the people. However a large section of the Zandalar army joins the High Prophet and becomes infused with the Void.
    To counter these numbers we join the Prince of Zandalar in a quest to unite the troll tribes once again. We travel to Zul'aman , and a newly opened small zone that takes place all along the east coast of Quel'thalas. We aid the Amani who is under control of an oppressive warlord, loyal to the Old Gods. Here we once again go into the spirit world and free their Loas, granting the Amani the strength to cast the warlord down.
    We do the same in Northrend with the Drakari. Here we see a new part we've never seen before, the big temple where their new leader sits. We unite the Loas of the Drakari and fight a monstrous worm (the one that we briefly saw in Gundrak) and bring the frost trolls into the fold.
    Lastly we travel to the sands of Tanaris, where Zul'farrak has been re-designed into a new dungeon where we fight to overthrow the voids grip on the troll tribe.

United we travel back to Zandalar, and a more open conflict takes place in the city. It all leads to a grand amphitheater where King Rastakhan addresses his people who is in turmoil. He declares the Old Gods as the new Loas of the trolls and infuses himself with their gift. It is clear that he was made sick by the prophet and his zealots all along but its too late to turn the tide. We end the prophet in a 5-man dungeon, and Rastakhan himself is the final boss of the troll raid. After his death, his son takes up the mantle as king and restores the final Loa to the island. With all Loas restored, the Island is no longer being swallowed by the sea, and we have a new grand ally against the Naga and their vile masters.

Well, Blizzard like their in-house scripting langauges.
    Warcraft 3 have JASS, Starcaft 2 have Galaxy Script and now WoW BAOS. The entire new UI is built with it I believe.
    Here's the thing.

While Blizzard loves their proprietary languages, completely changing the scripting language for mods would pretty much cripple the mod community for quite awhile unless the language is pretty close to the one already used, at which point changing it would be rather pointless.

The big mods would probably be able to get things squared away in time during beta (DBM, Tukui, Skada, etc), but the vast majority of them would probably just be discontinued/non-functional well into the launch of the new expansion if they swapped to a brand new scripting language.

So that's actually one of the main reasons why I think it's fake.

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    - Pandarens can now become a Death Knight.
    lost me there
    Yup I can't figure that one out either

I think this is an interesting "leak", but I also think the writer went too safe with it. He took some things mmo-developers would change as a logical next step, some things from successful singleplayergames (the island thing sounds pretty much like Zelda: Wind Waker) and some rework of existing features.

IMHO Blizzard adds more unique new things to each expansion.

This guy is right, calling it rn
    c

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
    Look up gravewalker gie on wowhead.
    Now that the Ebon Blade is raising Death Knights again, it's perfectly possible that they'd raise some fallen Pandarens on the Broken Shore, it makes sense in context of all the new lore we got and tbh I'd love to see a undead fluffy killing machine.

I wanna believe this leak so bad man, I think it's full of a lot of really cool ideas and details that most ppl don't put into their leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    I dont think we actually fully killed of Cthun
    I kind of remember they said the only true dead Old Gold is Y'shaarj. Every Old God we'd fought is just but an avatar of them, and we just plugged the leaks on their prissons (and we recently saw that Yogg-Saron's one is leaking again)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Here's the thing.

While Blizzard loves their proprietary languages, completely changing the scripting language for mods would pretty much cripple the mod community for quite awhile unless the language is pretty close to the one already used, at which point changing it would be rather pointless.

The big mods would probably be able to get things squared away in time during beta (DBM, Tukui, Skada, etc), but the vast majority of them would probably just be discontinued/non-functional well into the launch of the new expansion if they swapped to a brand new scripting language.

So that's actually one of the main reasons why I think it's fake.
    Whilst I agree, I feel like the BAOS thing is part of what puts this above other fake-leaks, in that there's some actual originality - people have often suggested a UI update, but no-one was pushing for a new scripting language or the like.

The other interesting thing is the Void Seeker starting at 77, and having tank/healer specs - if you level by doing dungeons, it's at almost precisely this level, or 80, really, where it seems like tanks and healers become seriously rare, queues get longer for you as DPS, and so on. You could see that as making this less likely to be fake - and the whole vibe/idea of this "leak" seems to be the subtext that this guy is a translator, and he's found this stuff out. Personally I am skeptical and think it's just higher-effort, with the "I dunno, I'm just repeating this stuff!" as a schtick to excuse weirdnesses, but on the other hand, it does add a kind of plausibility and certainly represents more effort if fake.

Deleted
    Provided with some new details!

BlizzCon will have 2 WoW "Demos" (don't know if demo is the right word).
    - One demo for the new class, Void Seeker. No details about the demo itself, but my guess is you play through the starting zone.
    - One demo for the player ships, you get to try out the ship/water mechanics and travel the sea for a bit.

Also, some nice details about the "player ship" mechanic,
    - The ship is as large as the ships you use to ride between continents.
    - More than 1 ship-type/class(?)
    - Models for the ships are really good, with moving sails.
    - The ship and water react really well together. Splashing on the front and leaving a trail behind the ship move and such.
    - Camera is high above behind them when you control it
    - Vehicle actionbar with different abilities. One icon looked like an anchor.
    - You can leave the steering wheel anytime and move around on your ship while it's in the water.
    - Your followers (crew members) move around on the ship and do different work.
    - Inside the captains hub there's a mission table and some accessable ship menu or something with some stats/numbers/icons. Could be a menu for ship-upgrade?
    - It seems like the ship can't attack.

- The new UI looks very good and almost like a different game.

This sounds really good to be honest.
    Would've also liked some new details about zones/other stuff though, next week hopefully.

So outside of the 2 new continents, what the ilvl will be ? 1000+ ?
    The cap will be 1000 I believe if Legion ends at that.
    I don't know how Shadowforged gear will work in older expansions, by guess is that you'll just get a heavy damage increase for old content or the gear automatically scale up to ilvl 1000.

I can't see them adding a new class without adding a new character slot
    I guess that's included, it has been for every new class I think?

C'thun is dead
    "When Sargeras impaled Azeroth her life essence leaked into Silithus awakening and empowering C'Thun and the Old God became more powerful than ever."

It says C'Thun is awakened, probably by the life essence and "ressurected" if he now was dead.

...also Raid Finder will never be removed, and no it will also not be merged into Normal. not sure what you mean by Legacy but yeah no. they will stick with the 4 difficulties and thats it.
    Well, Normal will have its difficulty reduced as every other difficulty in 8.0, leaving it between current LFR and Normal is my guess. As Normal is already very easy, I doubt those who raid LFR will have any problems with the new difficulty.

Legacy, as I understand it, is just as Mythic but with higher numbers. This is something for the top guilds to compete with eachother at a new tier as it's also time-gated.

I've spent a lot of time imagining a Great Sea expansion, and when it comes to Zandalar and the trolls I kinda want a similar thing like Suramar.
    What you wrote sounds very appealing, I'd play that. I hope 8.0 will have a lot of stuff with the Zandalari, they seem to be an interesting tribe(?).
    Currently what we know of 8.0 is two Zandalari dungeons, one raid and one isle/location "Zuldazar, the Drowned City", but I guess there's more.

Here's the thing.

While Blizzard loves their proprietary languages, completely changing the scripting language for mods would pretty much cripple the mod community for quite awhile unless the language is pretty close to the one already used, at which point changing it would be rather pointles...
    Yes, I can understand that. I don't do any Addons or scripting myself, but my guess is that Blizzard must have thought this through and have an easy solution at hand.
    LUA will still work for the old addons, but be deprecated.

- Pandarens can now become a Death Knight.
    lost me there
    Isn't there Death Knight pandas already in-game? Otherwise what Trarka wrote makes sense,

"Look up gravewalker gie on wowhead.
    Now that the Ebon Blade is raising Death Knights again, it's perfectly possible that they'd raise some fallen Pandarens on the Broken Shore, it makes sense in context of all the new lore we got and tbh I'd love to see a undead fluffy killing machine.

I wanna believe this leak so bad man, I think it's full of a lot of really cool ideas and details that most ppl don't put into their leaks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, the main problem I see with the ship concept is that it would remove other players for significant stretches of time. They've repeatedly stated they don't want that again (like garrison system in WoD) and thus we had fellow member of our class in the Class Hall, and not everything tied to it so you had to go to Dalaran.

If a ship concept like you described it were in place, it would mean a significant part of gameplay would be spent cruising around on your own with no interaction whatsoever with other players, as you would have to be in your own phase, it would be absurd to see hundreds of other ships about.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    If a ship concept like you described it were in place, it would mean a significant part of gameplay would be spent cruising around on your own with no interaction whatsoever with other players, as you would have to be in your own phase, it would be absurd to see hundreds of other ships about.
    Perhaps they will use the current phasing tech to put you in a phase with a handful of people close to you, just like they divide Dalaran into different phases and you can be in a different Dalaran as your friends right now. I can't imagine ships working well with the whole no-collision with other players/vehicles/mobs thing that we've got going on though.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Now, the main problem I see with the ship concept is that it would remove other players for significant stretches of time. They've repeatedly stated they don't want that again (like garrison system in WoD) and thus we had fellow member of our class in the Class Hall, and not everything tied to it so you had to go to Dalaran.

Even a supporter of his elaborate fanfic like you now sees the cracks in it.
    You actually raised a solid question. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I was almost tricked into believing in him but now I am very sure that all of these are just made up BS.

Deleted

Yeah, I get your point. Then Blizzard must have thought of something, right?

We know that "- Trade followers and materials with other players and NPC."
    So my guess is that we must be able to see other players and/or NPC ships so we can select them and interact with them,
    if the trading is not simply items you trade via trade-window on ground, but that would be really lame.

Still, there's sharding or whatever it's called. It's not impossible the sea if filled up with some number of players and no one is phased alone.

It's possible the mission-board is accessable from elsewhere aswell, so you're not forced to do it via the ship. Maybe each encampment will have a mission-board.
    Legion currently have more than 1, so it's possible.

So it might be Garrisons 2.0, but you can see others and you can move with it and some more features.

Ship sailing would essentially replace flying (I imagine it to be faster than flying) from zone to zone. Clever if you ask me. Since you can approach an island from 360° it is probably faster than flying A-B IF sailing is faster.

I want to believe it, but level 77 as a starting level for a new class is such an odd number, especially if they have to catch up to level 110. Not saying it is ludicrous because Monks start at level 1, but it's still an odd number.

And because the Undermine/Kezan is mentioned here, is there any news going around about updated models for Goblins and Worgen in 8.0?

Deleted
    Yeah, I get your point. Then Blizzard must have thought of something, right?

We know that "- Trade followers and materials with other players and NPC."
    So my guess is that we must be able to see other players and/or NPC ships so we can select them and interact with them,
    if the trading is not simply items you trade via trade-window on ground, but that would be really lame.

Still, there's sharding or whatever it's called. It's not impossible the sea if filled up with some number of players and no one is phased alone.

It's possible the mission-board is accessable from elsewhere aswell, so you're not forced to do it via the ship. Maybe each encampment will have a mission-board.
    Legion currently have more than 1, so it's possible.

So it might be Garrisons 2.0, but you can see others and you can move with it and some more features.
    but if the ships are as big as the ones we travel one, i think itd be hard to have to so many just everywhere, idk