LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Only for 3 fights.

Inquisition - Tormented Fragments and basement add

Desolate Host - Templars being tanked by the entrance

Mistress - Abyss Stalkers

[
    theres more, at sisters for example you can leave the owl for only one person etc
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Rank 1 is either luck or cheese, so no, it's not a correct way to play. But getting high parses (90+) is an indication of a good player (that's about DPS role, for tanks it's not always the case and for healers obviously it's very different).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Absolutely not. Actually if you top the charts during progression, 9 times out of 10, you are a terrible player.
    Ok, from now on when I get progression kills, I will call out the top dps for being a terrible player. Where is the logic is this statement? A lot of players need time to adapt to new mechanics. Someone getting a high parse or topping the meters probably came down to being a quick learner whilst being good at their class. Ignoring bosses like mistress mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's about being permitted to get that rank by your guild most of all.
    Yeah, this also. I can't count how many times players screwed because they were not focusing on the mechanics but on the DPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, this also. I can't count how many times players screwed because they were not focusing on the mechanics but on the DPS...
    Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. It really shows when someone is pretending to know shits. It's good that people want to participate in the discussion but please, come on.

If you are aiming for top parse or world first dps ranking. First thing you need to do is to talk to your GM and your core raiding team. This is to let them know that you are aiming for that position. Your GM then will coordinate with the raid group to ENSURE you can get your "padding" in without screwing up mechanics. Your guild member will happily obliged to let you AoE adds while focusing on their own mechanics. Your raid group will ensure you can maximum dps output while not screwing up mechanics.

This is the sort of communication you have to do if you want world first ranking. We're not talking about some casual guild where everyone is padding shits randomly without any form of communication. Yah I'm talking about you. That guy who refuse to soak Armageddons on H KJ, while dpsing all the way on the adds, and then posting the meter after every wipe.
    Last edited by FrostyK; 2017-10-28 at 02:27 PM.

Most of the time, but ultimately it depends on the sort of fight. You want to maximize your own potential, yes but you don't want to get into a habit of squeezing in useless numbers like padding on more serious / difficult encounters. You pad as long as it doesn't negatively impact your effective numbers on an encounter.

Yes.

I know scrub players wouldn't understand this, but you can actually parse AND do mechanics, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyK View Post
    Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. It really shows when someone is pretending to know shits. It's good that people want to participate in the discussion but please, come on.
    Umm... Is there something wrong? I'm absolutely right and I know what I'm talking about. There were plenty of the situations where someone didn't want to follow mechanics and was tunneling the boss without informing Raid Leader about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyK View Post
    This is the sort of communication you have to do if you want world first ranking. We're not talking about some casual guild where everyone is padding shits randomly without any form of communication. Yah I'm talking about you. That guy who refuse to soak Armageddons on H KJ, while dpsing all the way on the adds, and then posting the meter after every wipe.
    Not really. I saw some world 1%(TOP5 even) rankings in our guild raids on the mythic difficulty without communication with raid leader and core raiding team. People were just focuing the boss mostly(or adds).

This is only relevant in the first weeks of the raid if even then, it's all padding from there.

Also if you don't have BiS leggo's then you eh, gl.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're doing top parses consistently, without failing mechanics etc. it's safe to assume you're doing something right.

It's easy to recognize the 'parser'. Just look at dmg taken (for avoidable stuff), and above all, look at the gal blowing all her cooldowns after the RL has called 'STOP DPS' to avoid a phase transition at the worst possible time.

What I've seen over the years was the person doing the highest damage on the boss is usually taking more damage then others, avoiding more mechanic responsibilities then others and finally has had the rng gods smile upon them because every mechanic that randomly targets a player has magically skipped them.

So the answer the Q, NO....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Absolutely in terms of high end raiding Jay.

If you aren't performing at your best then why are you doing the harder content?
    So basically padding? You know like dotting Templars on Engine and fucking up everyone when they die or speccing cleave instead of ST damage to whore on Maiden during Avatar?

KK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    Ok, from now on when I get progression kills, I will call out the top dps for being a terrible player. Where is the logic is this statement? A lot of players need time to adapt to new mechanics. Someone getting a high parse or topping the meters probably came down to being a quick learner whilst being good at their class. Ignoring bosses like mistress mythic.
    Or just padded the shit out of adds on Mistress, which can wipe raid in certain phases, while speccing into cleave instead of ST for this literally ST fight.

Because all of the above including above quote was an actual thing for us where we were wiping just because people could not keep their dicks in their pants, cuz % most important!

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep telling yourself that you don't top meters because you do mechanics properly and don't pad.

There are people out there who are really amazing at the game and can do it all. Not me - I played with some and searched for similar reasons why they always end up doing so much damage. In the end there wasn't any and some player are just superior at playing video games.

Even though this is a WoW thread, you can learn a valuable life lesson here.
    Skills in life aren't evenly distributed - there isn't always a tradeoff. "He might be great at X, but that's because he is terrible and neglects Y"

You got to accept that there are people out there who are just better than you at pretty much everything.

I'm not talking about the #1 overall parse here, but parsing high in general.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-10-28 at 04:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So basically padding? You know like dotting Templars on Engine and fucking up everyone when they die or speccing cleave instead of ST damage to whore on Maiden during Avatar?

KK.

- - - Updated - - -

Or just padded the shit out of adds on Mistress, which can wipe raid in certain phases, while speccing into cleave instead of ST for this literally ST fight.

Because all of the above including above quote was an actual thing for us where we were wiping just because people could not keep their dicks in their pants, cuz % most important!
    I didn't have that problem on host, we were told straight away not to do any damage to them and noone but the tank did.

I did mention mistress at the end as thats the obvious example of parses being pointless due to only players who are told can dps them will get a good parse and anyone else padding will cause wipes. As a priest I was allowed to dot them to benefit from extra insanity and twist of fate uptime so my parses were great.

For every other fight in ToS (maybe avatar but you need some serious padding going on to fuck you over) theres no real way to pad which will kill the group.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    What I've seen over the years was the person doing the highest damage on the boss is usually taking more damage then others, avoiding more mechanic responsibilities then others and finally has had the rng gods smile upon them because every mechanic that randomly targets a player has magically skipped them.

So the answer the Q, NO....
    Not always true.

As a Frost DK, I can use AMS (specced Volatile shielding) and Icebound Fortitude, eat some avoidable damage (Rapture Realities on Avatar) while still being able to DPS. Once I've taken the damage, I can heal myself back to full instantly with one Death Strike without burdening any heals. So on your logs it will say

"lawl frost dk nubcake, taking avoidable damage to top meter lawl lawl GTFO"

but it is just one of the ways to maximize dps output. I do this all the time on high M+ run such as HoV, where I would stand inside sentinel AoE to get more dps in. Then I have scrubs yelling "noob dk get out of aoe".
    Last edited by FrostyK; 2017-10-28 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, when Kil’kaeden does his flying phase I just keep on DPSing him, tactics are for casuals and there’s no way I’m sacrificing that extra 1000 DPS for those scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    Charts != DpsMeters ...

There is a 2 to 3 weeks period during which ranking has meaning, given that way less than %10 of people are participating at that level of raiding, I stick to my statement, 9 times out of 10 they are terrible players and the team would be better off without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Yes.

but you can actually parse AND do mechanics, they aren't mutually exclusive.
    Sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Rank 1 is either luck or cheese, so no, it's not a correct way to play. But getting high parses (90+) is an indication of a good player (that's about DPS role, for tanks it's not always the case and for healers obviously it's very different).
    Too many tanks are in the old mindset of survival stacking > everything. Although not always the case, more DPS means you'll take less damage because the target(s) is dead sooner.

In a lot cases, a tank can easily go for a ton of DPS gear/talents while not really pressuring the healers more than necessary. It's not always the case, but you'd be surprised how often this can be possible. Black and white and all that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you agree with this statement?

Shouldn't the #1 goal be to rank the very highest you can on any given boss, whether you are a tank, healer and especially a DPS?
    Absolutely. Kripparian even has a great video about how to top the DPS chart everytime in WoW (from back when he played). Very enlightening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrW0MY_n7g