Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Easy.

Kul Tiras isn't in the South Seas, it's nearest land mass currently would be Tol Barad.
    It's also moved from there. It could very well be in the South Seas.

Deleted
    Either WoW Plate tectonics is hard to understand, or Kul Tiras is a moving sea monster, at this point.

By the way, I forgot to talk about the Sul'thraze achievement as a clue about Tanaris Revamp, and Noggenfogger role in the rogue order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    It's also moved from there. It could very well be in the South Seas.
    That hasn't been confirmed, all that was said was
    will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea.... We may yet get to experience Kul Tiras in later patches
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kul_Tiras#Cataclysm
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Kul Tiras was always placed near Tol Barad in official Blizzard maps, which is nowhere near south or South seas. South Seas are of Zandalar, Kezan and Tel abim. Leak confirms Kul Tiras, not South seas.
    It's possible we get a Cataclysm type expansion again where the new zones aren't connected.

Well, my sample size of 1 tells me, we get an old world revamp every time something really big breaks Azeroth. So Science tells me you are right :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I'd be very disappointed in bliz if they revamped any more old world zones. Cata was the worst expansion for many reasons, but that was pretty high on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    To be honest, I doubt either zone will get updated. Even though it would be really cool to see.

I would love to see sprawling gadgetzan be the hub of a south seas expansion.

That wouldn't work out too well for player base that is hated by the Goblins ie Bloodsail Buccaneers rep grind for the Insane Title but never got their goblin rep back up again...I have fellow guild mate that can't do the engineer quest line from Legion cause he is hated by Goblins and Steamwheedle and those factions of Booty Bay and Gadgetzan....he refuses to have to grind that rep back up again....he can't step foot in Gad or Booty Bay.

Deleted
    If Gadgetzan became a major city, they would probably add some NPC to sell goblin masks. With a good mask on his face, no one could recognize the criminal your friend is.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as Jaina is not killed i'll do any quests she wants me to do.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    Everyone agrees on the fact that next expansion will take place into the South Seas, we saw tons and tons of fake leaks about it... Yet all of these "spoilers" seem to forget a small detail: Legion ends with the destruction of Silithus, a place that has absolutely no connection to the ocean whatsoever.
    Umm - Silithus has a west coast. There is just nothing of interest there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It's going to be a world revamp.. The cata revamp is closer to vanilla WoW than this present moment. The world is outdated and needs to be updated to adjust to level scaling and the modern rendition of WoW.
    It's crazy to think we've have the revamped world for seven years while the original was only around for six.

If we do get a revamp I hope it includes all the zones and not just a few. It would be super weird to have the zones on a same continent split between time periods (Cataclysm and post-Legion). That being said, I'm really hoping for a world revamp with scaling tech. If they can go the Hearthstone way for Gadgetzan and Un'Goro, it would be even better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    My hesitation to read into anything "hinting" at the next expansion, or trying to figure out what the next expansion will be/ whether a leak is true based on "good writing" is that... Blizzard's writing simply isn't good. There were no hints or lead ins to Cataclysm, Mists, or WoD- To my memory, those expansions all caught everyone completely by surprise. We weren't able to predict them at all- especially WoD.

Even Legion, to a lesser degree- most speculation before its announcement was that we were looking at a Burning Legion expansion, OR a Void expansion, OR another Draenor expansion set on the Ogre continent.

Right now, I'm in agreement that something sea-related seems to be the most logical, but.... with Blizzard, man, who knows.
    No hints or lead ins to Cataclysm?
    All the Twilight Hammer shit in vanilla.
    All the black dragonflight shit in vanilla.
    Netherwing rep in BC.(The Master is returning)
    Sartharion.(assigned to protect black dragonflight clutch for the master)
    Ruby Sanctum.(The re-appearance of twilight dragons from vanilla in a direct attack on the red dragonflight)
    The seeds of cataclysm were planted.

MoP?
    Finding Chen's kegs in the Barrens in vanilla confirmed Pandaren as a race in WoW.(Not just a fun side character in a bonus campaign in Warcraft 3)
    The murals in Ulduar hinted at the Sha.

WoD?
    Timeless Isle hinted at the blood elf's betrayal(forgot his name).
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2017-10-30 at 07:13 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think a patch by patch revamp of the world could work beautifully, aslong as we are fighting the Old Gods, i mean they are deeply embedded in Azeroth yes? Our war against them should change the appearance of the world, but it could be hard to rework it as patches. Maybe 8.0 could feature a shift in the appearance of the world due to what we do after 7.3.2 or 7.5

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No hints or lead ins to Cataclysm?
    All the Twilight Hammer shit in vanilla.
    All the black dragonflight shit in vanilla.
    Netherwing rep in BC.(The Master is returning)
    Sartharion.(assigned to protect black dragonflight clutch for the master)
    Ruby Sanctum.(The re-appearance of twilight dragons from vanilla in a direct attack on the red dragonflight)
    The seeds of cataclysm were planted.

MoP?
    Finding Chen's kegs in the Barrens in vanilla confirmed Pandaren as a race in WoW.(Not just a fun side character in a bonus campaign in Warcraft 3)
    The murals in Ulduar hinted at the Sha.

WoD?
    Timeless Isle hinted at the blood elf's betrayal(forgot his name).
    I think you're misunderstanding my intent- you're absolutely right that every expansion ties in to pre-existing story threads, or draws from in-game assets or knowledge. Nothing is "unpredictable" in that sense- except, I maintain, WoD.

What I'm talking about is expansions being the clear, obvious continuation of a current, ongoing story thread, with those "hints" and the relevant story being present in the CURRENT expansion, leading directly into the next. Ruby Sanctum is a GREAT example of this, and one I completely forgot about! It was released before Cataclysm's announcement, I believe.

That said, it's definitely been the exception, not the rule- and while, as I said, I agree that something Kul'Tiras or, to a lesser extent, Void, is the logical assumption, it's really hard to say with certainty with Blizzard's track record.

It was "logical" that the expansion following Cataclysm would be Nzoth and Azshara, because of her recent appearance in the War of the Ancients dungeon and Deathwing's demise and fall into the Maelstrom, the unresolved story of Vashj'ir, and the "riddles" in the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron that referenced Nyalotha. That's where it "seemed" the story was heading- but we got Mists instead.

At the end of Mists, it was "logical" to assume that a Burning Legion expansion was coming next, with the Army of the Light, due to Wrathion's entire ongoing quest chain throughout the entire expansion, and his visions of the Legion's return. We got WoD instead, with no direct demonic threat to Azeroth, and the Legion only appearing in the final patch.

That's more what I'm talking about- not "we knew it was coming at some point," but "it's obviously coming next."
    Last edited by Daetur; 2017-10-30 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    That wouldn't work out too well for player base that is hated by the Goblins ie Bloodsail Buccaneers rep grind for the Insane Title but never got their goblin rep back up again...I have fellow guild mate that can't do the engineer quest line from Legion cause he is hated by Goblins and Steamwheedle and those factions of Booty Bay and Gadgetzan....he refuses to have to grind that rep back up again....he can't step foot in Gad or Booty Bay.
    Would be a easy workaround though. Since in the HS version of Gadgetzhan, the Steamweedle cartel pretty much lost control of the city and it was run by the crime families