View Poll Results: Have you actually played Vanilla?

Voters
1388. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,165 83.93%
  • No

223 16.07%
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah but I started in October 2006, so it was like 3 months before TBC launched. I got to 60 around December, which is when 2.0.1 launched, with the revamped honor system, so I went from green leveling gear to full epic gear. Then in January TBC launched and it was amazing.

Yeas.

Sub has lapsed few times though, so no statue for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Since some people here view "Having played Vanilla" equal to Knighthood or something it's not that mundane! ;P
    Only a true veteran of a week long Alterac Valley can speak of PvP balance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    But not everyone would feel inclined to lie about such a mundane thing.
    Well, the number doesnt lie.

We have almost 600 people around 30 y/o(give take 1-2 years).

What can you conclude of that? Personally, that people loves to fake "the good old days" card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    What do you mean "Its more likely," it happened. How the fuck is it even remotely possible that I wasn't 12 when my birthday is on March 28th, and got the game a few days after my birthday in 2005.

I have absolutely no idea where you're getting the average of 30 from based off of your poll results, same with your "14 give or take" thing. If somebody is 30 when they started, the ages they would be when they started would have probably been 17-20.
    Im not talking about you god dammit.

Fine you were 12. Im talking about the majority here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Since some people here view "Having played Vanilla" equal to Knighthood or something it's not that mundane! ;P
    Maybe mundane wasn't the correct word to use, but if someone wants to lie about it to feel "superior" to other players that have't played Vanilla, I'd consider that to be rather idiotic.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Only a true veteran of a week long Alterac Valley can speak of PvP balance!
    That is the thing I personally miss most about Vanilla. Everything else got way better in later expansions but not AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

What can you conclude of that? Personally, that people loves to fake "the good old days" card.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it matter if 600 people are 30?

Deleted
    Maybe mundane wasn't the correct word to use, but if someone wants to lie about it to feel "superior" to other players that have't played Vanilla, I'd consider that to be rather idiotic.
    Idiotic indeed.

The whole poll was to prove that(atleast im trying, if we could group up and have a voice against this kind of idiotic behaviour).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely no idea where you're getting the average of 30 from based off of your poll results, same with your "14 give or take" thing. If somebody is 30 now, the ages they would be when they started would have probably been 17-20 with the maximum age of 20, not 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Not sure I get the math, if you are over 30 years old you'd be at least 31. It is now 2017, wow launched 2004, so 13 years ago. So if you're 31 now, 13 years ago you'd be 18 years old. This "maximum" is higher than the proposed 14 +/- 1.

So by my estimates, most millennials who are now in their early 30's were seniors in high school and/or starting college when the game came out.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I played vanilla, was 18-19 when it came out here in europe.
    And just to add to that: I don't think vanilla would be a good game today, it was great back then tho.

Simple question, honest answer please.

Have you?

Edit:

According to the recent results, we have 570 people above 30y/o(assuming they were MAXIMUM 14(+/-1)y/o back then).

Do you believe it?
    Yes, since I am 32 now with a wife and 2 kids and I still play wow (just no more Mythic raiding). ^_^
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Deleted
    I have absolutely no idea where you're getting the average of 30 from based off of your poll results, same with your "14 give or take" thing. If somebody is 30 now, the ages they would be when they started would have probably been 17-20 with the maximum age of 20, not 14.
    In the end it doesnt matter(and i might suck with math, im just giving estimates, give or take couple of years).

Its still not likely, that we have 600+ above 30 or very late in 20.

Actually if you think of that, this thread was made, so some puberty kid not creating threads and writing about "good old days"(and take credit for it, instead of people like you and I, who actually did indeed play).

Im having a crusade going on.

So stop yourself and join up.

In the end i doesnt matter(and i might suck as math, im just giving estimates, give or take couple of years).

Actually if you think of that, this thread was made, so some puberty kid not creating threads and writing about "good old days"(and take credit for it, instead of people like you and I, who actually did indeed play).

I don't understand how you think that isn't remotely possible. How many people frequent this website? Why are you so angry about people having played Vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end i doesnt matter(and i might suck as math, im just giving estimates, give or take couple of years).

Apparently it does matter because you had yourself convinced that the 575 people who voted on your poll are at least 30 years old today. I just don't get the math behind that logic, let alone that logic in general and I'm just wondering where it's coming from when most people who voted in this poll probably didn't mention their age, nor did you ask for them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I don't really get the point you're trying to make. At this very moment there are 11.000 people only in the MMO-C forums. and you find it strange that there are 600~ people who have played vanilla and find this thread worthy of their attention? Since your math doesn't hold up at all it's not even that they are all over 30 years old. I've known plenty of people who were 10-11 and played Vanilla (annoying voices in TS tend to stick a looooong time).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't understand how you think that isn't remotely possible. How many people frequent this website? Why are you so angry about people having played Vanilla?
    Im angry about people who trying to have the loudest opinion, are doing it by saying "ive been around since vanilla". This poll simple shows, that they most likely lie about it.

Apparently it does matter because you had yourself convinced that the 575 people who voted on your poll are at least 30 years old today. I just don't get the math behind that logic, let alone that logic in general and I'm just wondering where it's coming from when most people who voted in this poll probably didn't mention their age, nor did you ask for them to.
    I guess he is just assuming the average age of said players being around 18... for some reason... Not sure why that matters or what the point of this thread is at all.

I'm curious how old you think the average wow player is then? You think once a player hits 30 they are no longer allowed to play, and only the 16-25 age group plays now?

Im angry about people who trying to have the loudest opinion, are doing it by saying "ive been around since vanilla". This poll simple shows, that it was NOT the case in most situation.
    Just ignore these people? Why you care about some idiots claiming to have played vanilla when you can clearly see that they have not (by the bullshit they write, like the one guy in this thread). But this poll is a bad way to prove anything you want to prove.

No, "mundane" is pretty accurate. There's nothing really meaningful about having played Vanilla. Lying about it is indeed idiotic.