Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

8.0: Hope you guys like boats

I've mentioned this in a few other threads over the past several months, but I feel now that the reveal is tomorrow, it's worth reiterating and potentially starting some more speculative discussion about it. We need to talk about boats.

From a confirmed internal source I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that 8.0 is going to introduce a lot of water-centric content. We are going to spend a great deal of time on boats. These will not just be for travel: both PvE and PvP combat will take place on your boat (and/or maybe between players on multiple boats?) It is not clear if everyone will always exclusively man their own boat or if parties can share a boat or what, but - trust me, as ridiculous as this may sound - this expac is going to be very heavy on open water content with boats as your primary mode of personal transport.

There is also new engine tech to make the surface of the water more interesting, including physical waves. I do not know if or how this will be relevant to gameplay in any way beyond aesthetics, but I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

I wish I could tell you more, but mostly I'm interested in other peoples' ideas of how this could possibly make for a good expac. My initial reaction upon learning about it was basically, "oh god that sounds terrible," but I've been reassured that there's lots of good stuff here.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I love boats, so if they could actually pull it off like black flag or archeage (they have pretty good mechanics) then it should be alot of fun.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, yeah..

so ur saying i can fly all across kalimdor but water i need a boat?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind boats, just saying.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Though you are probably just a speculator lying about your source, to honestly answer your question:

I WOULD FUCKING LOVE IT!

I have a source that says 100% you're full of shit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think op is overstating boats. They won't Wind Waker this.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I've mentioned this in a few other threads over the past several months, but I feel now that the reveal is tomorrow, it's worth reiterating and potentially starting some more speculative discussion about it. We need to talk about boats.

From a confirmed internal source I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that 8.0 is going to introduce a lot of water-centric content. We are going to spend a great deal of time on boats. These will not just be for travel: both PvE and PvP combat will take place on your boat (and/or maybe between players on multiple boats?) It is not clear if everyone will always exclusively man their own boat or if parties can share a boat or what, but - trust me, as ridiculous as this may sound - this expac is going to be very heavy on open water content with boats as your primary mode of personal transport.

There is also new engine tech to make the surface of the water more interesting, including physical waves. I do not know if or how this will be relevant to gameplay in any way beyond aesthetics, but I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

I wish I could tell you more, but mostly I'm interested in other peoples' ideas of how this could possibly make for a good expac. My initial reaction upon learning about it was basically, "oh god that sounds terrible," but I've been reassured that there's lots of good stuff here.

Thoughts?
    The attention whores are out in force tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    And 100% this.

My leak says your leak is bullshit!!!

Deleted
    hardly a 2004 game engine can handle any type of mass naval battles.
    as such all we probably endup with is argus static ship 2.0
    20 hrs left tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    You'll have to excuse me for thinking your source is not as good as my source.

7+ Year Old Account
    Boats and foes

I doubt there will be an emphasize on boats, these leaks are plainsrunning out of control.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I for one welcome our Floating-Garrison overlords.

You'll have to excuse me for thinking your source is not as good as my source.
    I have a 100% confirmed internal source that says, his source is 100% correct, you're full of shit.

Thoughts?
    Cool I didn't know you worked for blizzard and knew what was being revealed tomorrow. Thanks bro.

With all the leaks being posted, I'm fairly sure that the correct thing must've been guessed in a way, slightly. And then we'll have a guy going "See guys, I told you I was right!".

Why would you lie on the internet?

This would be the worst thing to happen to WoW for a long time.

Sounds pretty cool to be fair but that kind of shit is for casuals. More interested in features that involve gearing and raiding.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV