Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    If it already got this stale in 12 episodes of anime, I can only imagine how tedious the LN must be by now.
    I mean, if what Epu posted a while back was true, it seems like its in a good way.

Keep in mind this has spoilers for the LN in that case-
    https://imgur.com/gallery/fGujR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    New Full Metal Panic, new FLCL, new Carcaptor Sakura, and new Legend of the Galactic Heroes? *inset "what year is it?" meme* I guess this is the new trend. LN adaptations are out, reviving decades old series is in!

In all seriousness, pretty hype for those as well as new Overlord, One Punch Man, Index, and Nanatsu no Taizai. And Fairy Tail final season? I didn't even realize the manga had ended until I saw that and looked it up. Enjoyed that series a fair bit when it began. Sad that it dropped so far that I don't even have any desire to go read the final arc. I at least did that with Bleach and that series was straight trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    LN adaptations are out, reviving decades old series is in!
    worked for jojos. why not our space wars!
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    worked for jojos. why not our space wars!
    True. Parasyte as well, and Ushio to Tora to a lesser extent. I feel like there was some other new adaptation/remake of an older series but I cannot think of it. I for one am totally fine with it. It means there is a pretty solid chance that the series will have an actual ending as opposed to an adaption of a still on-going LN series pretty much guarantees an either lackluster or totally non-existent ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Fairy Tail and no BnH.

How could they
    BnH?

Fairy Tail and no BnH.

How could they
    pretty sure boku doesn't have an air date yet. so may or may not be 2018.

BnH?
    Boku No Hero/my hero Academia

pretty sure boku doesn't have an air date yet. so may or may not be 2018.
    They've been advertising it EVERYWHERE as 2018.
    I mean, it had a huge poster in NY Comic Con.

They've been advertising it EVERYWHERE as 2018.
    I mean, it had a huge poster in NY Comic Con.
    alright don't remember that. didn't remember half the sequels in the vid either.
    i'm really meh on boku anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Boku No Hero/my hero Academia
    Ahh, gotcha. Wouldn't it be BnHA or something? Anyways, the previous season just ending like a month ago! Cut them a little slack, heh. I am guessing that if the third season does air in 2018, it will almost certainly be in the fall. Count yourself lucky though. Think about how us Nanatsu no Taizai feel. Been waiting since spring of 2015 for the second season. They even trolled the hell outa us by announcing a new Nanatsu no Taizai anime for 2016 and then it turned out to be just a 4 episode anime only side story. But at least now we will be getting an actual second season in just a few months! One good thing about them waiting this long is there should be plenty of source material now for another solid 2-cour season.

Ahh, gotcha. Wouldn't it be BnHA or something? Anyways, the previous season just ending like a month ago! Cut them a little slack, heh. I am guessing that if the third season does air in 2018, it will almost certainly be in the fall. Count yourself lucky though. Think about how us Nanatsu no Taizai feel. Been waiting since spring of 2015 for the second season. They even trolled the hell outa us by announcing a new Nanatsu no Taizai anime for 2016 and then it turned out to be just a 4 episode anime only side story. But at least now we will be getting an actual second season in just a few months! One good thing about them waiting this long is there should be plenty of source material now for another solid 2-cour season.
    and then there was that other series with the same name that was ecchi trash! https://myanimelist.net/anime/33834/...atsu_no_Taizai

blend s ep 1 10/10 I wish Maika would look at me like that. YOSAKOI! it's kind of like the maid cafe episode of kore wa zombie desu ka expanded to a whole series

also little busters! vn is on steam now
    Last edited by bals; 2017-11-04 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and then there was that other series with the same name that was ecchi trash! https://myanimelist.net/anime/33834/...atsu_no_Taizai

blend s ep 1 10/10 I wish Maika would look at me like that. YOSAKOI! it's kind of like the maid cafe episode of kore wa zombie desu ka expanded to a whole series
    Oh god yeah. I remember seeing that listed in a season preview and getting all excited and then immediately bummed when I realized it wasn't a new season.

I am really digging Blend S. Don't see many other people really talking about it though. It actually reminds me quite a bit of the criminally underrated Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru. Both are series about a small maid cafe staffed by a number of interesting characters. Soremachi though is also filled with quirky Shaft studio goodness. When looking into Blend S a bit when it started, I spoiled myself a tiny bit and learned that one of the maids yet to be introduced is very likely going to be one the internet will be quite fond of.

Still waiting and hoping they do Konosuba season 3 :\

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

happy birthday freyja!

blend s ep 4wish they would show more maika being sadistic
    Last edited by bals; 2017-11-04 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    happy birthday freyja!

blend s ep 4wish they would show more maika being sadistic
    powered up maika makes me want to be her M

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post

that was some good references in ep3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I am starting to think I am the only person who is on team Kaho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am starting to think I am the only person who is on team Kaho.
    I too love me some blonde. A besto.

Ergo Proxy, a hard science fiction series.

So two guys left Sunrise studio the studio that does all the Gundam shows and they started a new studio called manglobe. It was a great risk but they had big ideas. They created Ergo Proxy which got a lot of positive reviews at the time, 2008 and they went on to create Samurai Champloo and one other big anime whose name I forget. Then they went bankrupt in 2015.

Ergo Proxy at its simplest is a story about family, man woman and child. It has a strong female lead which wasn't all that common back in those days. At its most complex its a story about an everyday guy, an immigrant who starts out on an incredible journey and things just keep getting weirder and weirder.

It's 23 episodes or so long and it has a few episodes that are complete filler episodes that can be skipped without losing anything.

One man's filler is another man's content though and one of the episodes I like the best is when the group is just hanging out with nothing to do and they get to know each other better.

Visuals were a big thing in anime back in 2008 and Ergo Proxy is packed full of them, the dome, the ships, the bots, etc. It's kind of short on story at times, it might be a little chuunibyou.

I liked it a lot and it got a > 8 on myanimelist. It reminds me most of Ghost in the Shell.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-11-04 at 10:21 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm wonder when crunchyroll is gonna get back up and running.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"